Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Johnny Cage loving rules.

It also feels like his family is the only canon use of the letter C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Those were the innocent times before Ed Boon vowed to abolish the letter C forever.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Ed Boon looks at the name "Johnny Cage" and suppresses a shudder of rage.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Kage is the guy from virtua fighter

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Diabetic posted:

Johnny Cage loving rules.

It also feels like his family is the only canon use of the letter C.

Cyrax and Chameleon disagree

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
and Cetrion

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Buschmaki posted:

Kage is the guy from virtua fighter

And the guy that Ryu pooped out in Street Fighter V.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Everyone else is non-canon. Also, isn't Chameleon also called Khameleon?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Chameleon and Khameleon are two different characters, believe it or not

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

My head-cannon is that Chameleon is just Khameleon disguised as a male ninja. Explains why she has a backstory and he doesn't.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pope Hilarius II posted:

You mean Johnny's cousins, Cyrax Cage and Chameleon Cage?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
They should introduce Johnny Kage as a completely unrelated character.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Does anyone remember how they've handled pre-order bonus skins in the past? Do they become regularly available later? The Van Damme skin sounds fun, but the kombat pass doesn't interest me too much, so I'm not gonna drop an extra 30 bucks on a costume.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Crowetron posted:

Does anyone remember how they've handled pre-order bonus skins in the past? Do they become regularly available later? The Van Damme skin sounds fun, but the kombat pass doesn't interest me too much, so I'm not gonna drop an extra 30 bucks on a costume.

I want to say they were available via time crystals in MK11

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Twibbit posted:

They should introduce Johnny Kage as a completely unrelated character.

That was Johnny's stunt double move in MK11

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Crowetron posted:

MK9 through 11 all got a "complete edition" eventually that included all the DLC in a single package.

I own Mortal Kombat XL (geddit?), and all the DLC stuff was available from the start unless it was something that had to be unlocked via the Krypt.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crowetron posted:

iirc Mortal Kombat 11 NEVER let you get the Deadly Alliance Sub-Zero after missing the preorder for it and Kold War Skarlet was forever stuck in Russia

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

iirc Mortal Kombat 11 NEVER let you get the Deadly Alliance Sub-Zero after missing the preorder for it and Kold War Skarlet was forever stuck in Russia

Kold War Skarlet was made purchasable with Time Krystals in early 2020. Not sure about the other skin though.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

What the hell? This makes the move list extremely difficult to read at a glance, what was wrong with arrows???

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Crowetron posted:

Chameleon and Khameleon are two different characters, believe it or not

Chameleon came out as trans and changed her name to Khameleon

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mr. Neutron posted:

What the hell? This makes the move list extremely difficult to read at a glance, what was wrong with arrows???

what are you talking about, this is fine

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

Maybe this is dumb of me but I don't see the issue. It's a D pad with the direction you need to press in white. It doesn't seem any more difficult to me to read.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

this post sucks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hope they start stepping up the hype machine. They've revealed only a handful of fighters so far, right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I hope they start stepping up the hype machine. They've revealed only a handful of fighters so far, right?

We're up to 18 fighters not counting cameos and DLC. (19 if you count Shang Tsung)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

We're up to 18 fighters not counting cameos and DLC. (19 if you count Shang Tsung)

Ooo, OK. I was only thinking of the ones that have been in demos and trailers, but now I see there are a bunch more on their website.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Smoking Crow posted:

this post sucks

You’re right, that wouldn’t even make sense. Then they wouldn’t be separate kharacters.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

PostNouveau posted:

Ooo, OK. I was only thinking of the ones that have been in demos and trailers, but now I see there are a bunch more on their website.

Still feels like they should up the hype machine though. We're like a month out and only had 2 Kombat Kasts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

Still feels like they should up the hype machine though. We're like a month out and only had 2 Kombat Kasts.

Yeah I may be misremembering, but it seemed like MK11 had a lot more reveals and trailers and such

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I may be misremembering, but it seemed like MK11 had a lot more reveals and trailers and such

MK11 did individual reveal trailers for specific characters, and had like 9 kombat kasts.

MK1 is doing these combined based on theme trailers instead, so theres going to be way less. It will be virtually impossible for them to catch MK11's marketing production volume. Like they're 20 videos behind MK11 and we will probably get 2 to 3 more character reveal trailers + a launch trailer + maybe some surprise game system reveal trailers. And thats what 6? lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Feels like they're still holding a lot back about the story, too. I'm still not entirely sure what the overall conflict is about beyond "Shang Tsung is causing problems." And yeah, that is bad, but I'd like specifics. We're this far in and they haven't even really revealed that many antagonists other than pre-order bonus Shang Tsung and Havik(Sub-Zero and Rain are probably going to be villains too, but they haven't outright shown that yet).

Orv
May 4, 2011
Liu Kang and the Raiden Bunch have to thwart Shang Tsung’s attempt to cash Shao Khan’s social security checks in a Weekend at Bernie’s scheme.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I dunno, these days I find it kind of refreshing to be a month out from release and not already know every detail about the game whether I want to or not.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Impressions of the beta.
Playing as Li Mei: I suck at this game, the game sucks.
Playing as Kitana: I am at base competence of this game and the game rocks!

I normally gravitate towards rush down characters which is what Li looked like, but she just does not gel with me at all... maybe when the full release has a practice mode. But in the mean time I shall throw a ridiculous number of fans into Liu Kang's face

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Obviously Liu Kang will be the bad guy

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:same:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

???

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Why yes Liu Kang invented the Plot Fist.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

PostNouveau posted:

Obviously Liu Kang will be the bad guy

A lot of people seem to think that Onaga is the big villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Really stupid and lame that the preorder beta is just non-existent on PC :(