Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

By popular demand posted:

Let's not forget the novel Jaws was focused on a love affair and Spielberg just ignored like a third of it entirely.
Some authors need a harsh editor for their own good.

That said it sounds like an entertaining material, get Bruce Campbell to play the manipulative mayor.
It also had a mafia guy strangle Brody's cat as a warning to leave the beaches open and Quint using a baby dolphin as line bait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

My dracula story is renting this sweet looking movie called Dracula 3000. Cover has skin streatched taut over a bunch of animal skull looking things with wicked fangs. Back describes a sci-fi horror akin to Alien. gently caress yeah, let's watch this bad boy, fuckin stoked.

Turns out it was 19th century Bram Stroker Dracula (complete with sash and medals) just kinda wandering through a ships halls. Huge let down

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Also he gets his arm ripped off and runs away crying like a little bitch which feels so unsatisfying.

E: go watch Lair Of The White Worm which is only loosely based on the novel of the same name (that's a good thing) and is an amusing movie.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 13:41 on Aug 18, 2023

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My go-to vampire movie is Dracula (1979) starring Frank Langella as the count.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Splicer posted:

He was in suspended animation this is not a joke. One of the Nazis who built him shows up all old and gets eaten IIRC.

In case anyone doesn't recognise the name this is the guy who wrote Jaws.

LMAO seeing that Benchley was the author probably made me want to read it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

mercenarynuker posted:

My dracula story is renting this sweet looking movie called Dracula 3000. Cover has skin streatched taut over a bunch of animal skull looking things with wicked fangs. Back describes a sci-fi horror akin to Alien. gently caress yeah, let's watch this bad boy, fuckin stoked.

Turns out it was 19th century Bram Stroker Dracula (complete with sash and medals) just kinda wandering through a ships halls. Huge let down

That was the one with Coolio, right.? Also they seem to have run out of money before they finished it because the movie abruptly ends with the space ship blowing up

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Let's not forget the novel Jaws was focused on a love affair and Spielberg just ignored like a third of it entirely.
Some authors need a harsh editor for their own good.

That said it sounds like an entertaining material, get Bruce Campbell to play the manipulative mayor.
I approve, if only because I'm pretty sure he'd fight for a practical effects shark man.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

TotalLossBrain posted:

LMAO seeing that Benchley was the author probably made me want to read it.
Lol, I read it in my teens because my dad got it from the library because it had NEW SHARK BOOK BY JAWSMAN or whatever on it, and I stole it off his reading pile because I had also read Jaws and was also excited by NEW SHARK BOOK BY JAWSMAN.

Pros of Great White:
Dumb as hell concept.
Excellent title wordplay.
Slavish attention to to shark gimmick including multiple rows of metal shark teeth on tracks to replace broken ones.
End scene obviously written with the big screen in mind.
0 extended scenes where a woman reflects on her recently expanded understanding of male bladder anatomy.
Cons:
Rest of the book.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
:911:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Another pilum has hit the capital

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

https://i.imgur.com/yKt73An.mp4

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Be better with sound though

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Greek fire doesn't melt Corinthian beams.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

All I can think about is how that would murder my entire spine, god drat getting old sucks.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

That's one pair of roller blades away from being nightmare fuel.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

:dafuq:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

But how did the brave adventurer make it past the Lake Of Acid?

E:^^ Give ya a hint: what tract has a uvula at the entry?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
i get that a person has been swallowed but why are they carrying a bucket of red and what is funny about it that I am totally missing

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

sick of Applebees posted:

Be better with sound though

Let’s find out!

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6958824291626536198

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

But how did the brave adventurer make it past the Lake Of Acid?

E:^^ Give ya a hint: what tract has a uvula at the entry?

A BROWN DOOR

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I hate this world

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Milo and POTUS posted:

I want to see that face of his riding the choo choo roller coaster

I know I’ve seen a poster with that as their av here somewhere

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Guyver posted:

It also had a mafia guy strangle Brody's cat as a warning to leave the beaches open and Quint using a baby dolphin as line bait.

I would simply use the mafia guy as line bait

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Call me :wink:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
stickbugpilled

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

verbal enema posted:

I hate this world

Must be a freak in the sack :stare:

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

being put in a sack would make anybody freak

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Shameful, I remember the good old days when you could only put the oh no song on a tiktok

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Not like "haha" funny, but this poster I saw in a brewery in NH has a couple errors:

Hedgehogs aren't native to the New World. While I'm sure SOME are out there in the wild, having either escaped or let loose, I wouldn't quantify them as a "Common Wildlife of New England."
Also odd they went with flying and red squirrels and not the FAR more common grey squirrel.
The American Pine Marten is also pretty rare except in the northernmost regions of ME, and maybe NH and VT.

And unless I am SORELY mistaken on mushrooms, Fly Amanita is not wildlife.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

They can make life wild!
:dadjoke:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Least weasel.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its the most weasel :mad:

in my heart anyway

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Fungi are more closely related to animals than plants, so it's definitely more fauna than flora.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
you ever ordered shrooms at the mellow mushroom while on shrooms? that's what a fun guy would do.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

LifeSunDeath posted:

you ever ordered shrooms at the mellow mushroom while on shrooms? that's what a fun guy would do.

:getout:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not like "haha" funny, but this poster I saw in a brewery in NH has a couple errors:

Hedgehogs aren't native to the New World. While I'm sure SOME are out there in the wild, having either escaped or let loose, I wouldn't quantify them as a "Common Wildlife of New England."
Also odd they went with flying and red squirrels and not the FAR more common grey squirrel.
The American Pine Marten is also pretty rare except in the northernmost regions of ME, and maybe NH and VT.

And unless I am SORELY mistaken on mushrooms, Fly Amanita is not wildlife.

I saw a similar poster of birds in Pennsylvania, and it has starlings on it. Which I guess are common, but certainly aren't native.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

space uncle posted:

I haven’t read PA consistently in several years but I own the first 9 seasons of their printed webcomics? I really enjoyed them, and agree that it was fun to watch them grow from 20’s basement edge lords into weird dads.

This may be a deep cut, but did anyone else watch their Reality TV competition show to find a new artist? I unironically loving loved it. They had a bunch of super talented artists and the whole thing seemed like a lot of fun.

From a while back but I had all the books, the only convention I've ever been to is PAX South, their d&d podcasts got me into d&d back in like 2006 or 7. So even saying all that I don't read regularly anymore. I check in every once in a while. I'm just glad everyone still has a job.

I got really into Acq Inc The C Team and watched every episode though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Iirc the red squirrel/gray squirrel is a more recent phenomenon? For various reasons such as habitat/predator destruction problems and like, just a shift in breeding and stuff?