Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Everywhere I only see fonts collapsing :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Sadly I think things will get worse for Ukraine before they get better. This general mobilization will cause a lot of deaths and many problems even if only 20% can get equipped

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
"loving degenerate Tuvan battle thralls need to work harder to support my pasty muscovite rear end"

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Just an update on our fundraiser to get ballistic plates and defensive gear for Ukraine:

https://twitter.com/UkraineAidOps/status/1692561028846961000?t=AxzKuAFR-MUY5L3g9f8TJw&s=19

I'm getting a ballistic plate as a gift from the org on the ground that saved a Ukrainian soldier, it was hit three times and was painted over with the image of an Orthodox saint. Hardcore poo poo, can't wait til it arrives

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

And uh the mobilized troops have to actually get to the front. Lets not forget that. Berdyianak is getting blown up daily.

They can't just throw 50K people into the meat grinder in a week. And sure they can go mobilize a shitload of people but uhhhhh yeah it's gonna take a couple weeks to get those troops in order. And sending unarmed civilians into the fray will also mean they are just robbed blind by the shell shocked vodka addicts.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What mobilization?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

And uh the mobilized troops have to actually get to the front. Lets not forget that. Berdyianak is getting blown up daily.

They can't just throw 50K people into the meat grinder in a week. And sure they can go mobilize a shitload of people but uhhhhh yeah it's gonna take a couple weeks to get those troops in order. And sending unarmed civilians into the fray will also mean they are just robbed blind by the shell shocked vodka addicts.

Presently, GUR says Puccia can mobilize around 15-20,000 people per month into the army, and not all for front-line service.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A long time ago I saw a meme called "reject humanity, become monke" and I would like to implore humanity that if you saw it, please reconsider. In light of recent evidence I think it's fair to say being monke is not beneficial, and rejecting whatever humanity you have is not helpful.

Kennedy
Aug 1, 2006

hard to breathe?

HonorableTB posted:

Just an update on our fundraiser to get ballistic plates and defensive gear for Ukraine:

https://twitter.com/UkraineAidOps/status/1692561028846961000?t=AxzKuAFR-MUY5L3g9f8TJw&s=19

I'm getting a ballistic plate as a gift from the org on the ground that saved a Ukrainian soldier, it was hit three times and was painted over with the image of an Orthodox saint. Hardcore poo poo, can't wait til it arrives

Amazing work. I can't believe you recruited Rambo too.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Kennedy posted:

Putin wants to take up the mantle of the Soviet Union, he can inherit Soviet problems too :shrug:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Kennedy posted:

cia facial masking technology has come a long way. thats actually a langley field operative using nafo callsign BIG FELLA

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Karate Bastard posted:

A long time ago I saw a meme called "reject humanity, become monke" and I would like to implore humanity that if you saw it, please reconsider. In light of recent evidence I think it's fair to say being monke is not beneficial, and rejecting whatever humanity you have is not helpful.

Monke doesn't have imperialistic ambition, monke only have banana.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
monke definitely routinely goes to war and rosseau was talkin outta his rear end

especially chimpanzee but substantively every great ape

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

zone posted:

Everywhere I only see fonts collapsing :sad:

yeah, i doubt the tuvan volksturm are gonna hold that poo poo.

i mean these guys are probably long dead or worse but yeah.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Grey Zone aren't talking about Tuvan mobiks. They're pre-emptively placing the blame on Shoigu for their defenses collapsing.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
comrade shoigu how dare you allow the surovikin line to collapse!

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

HonorableTB posted:

It's crazy how good armor has gotten. Earlier in the war there was a photo of some guy that took a 40mm grenade to the chest and survived

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

Seen a few pictures of those, they look amazing.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Lol at thinking general mobilization is rate limited by equipment and training factors and not the amount of fish that can be set en bloc at any given time.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
China unleashed 10000 or so fishing boats so soon even fishbricks will be rarer

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/18/us/politics/ukraine-russia-war-casualties.html

quote:

Russia’s military casualties, the officials said, are approaching 300,000. The number includes as many as 120,000 deaths and 170,000 to 180,000 injured troops. The Russian numbers dwarf the Ukrainian figures, which the officials put at close to 70,000 killed and 100,000 to 120,000 wounded.

:byetankie:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

HonorableTB posted:

Sadly I think things will get worse for Ukraine before they get better. This general mobilization will cause a lot of deaths and many problems even if only 20% can get equipped

Have we seen evidence of general mobilization recently? There were a flurry of rumors a little ways back, but nothing definitive that I'm aware of.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

HonorableTB posted:

sounds great

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

this is one of the greatest avs that i have ever seen

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EasilyConfused posted:

Have we seen evidence of general mobilization recently? There were a flurry of rumors a little ways back, but nothing definitive that I'm aware of.

They required the potential mobiks to update their details in the registry so presumably they're doing for some reason. Could be nothing, but there've been complaints about low manpower too so who knows.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I got hildawged for being pro HRC while it was happening I think.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

They required the potential mobiks to update their details in the registry so presumably they're doing for some reason. Could be nothing, but there've been complaints about low manpower too so who knows.

Russia needs to have its fake elections in September, afterwards they can start another round of mobilization.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

EasilyConfused posted:

The Duma has increased the maximum age of conscription via law, and recently they've required all military age men (including immigrants and non-permanent but long-term residents) to register with the military commissariat for conscription. They haven't announced the new law yet that will be the actual general mobilization but it's not far off.

spankmeister posted:

Russia needs to have its fake elections in September, afterwards they can start another round of mobilization.

There likely won't be any elections, even fake ones. The last anyone heard about it was a high level official going "Eh, maybe if Putin wants to..." and it was understood to be an issue of literally whether or not Putin wanted to go through the whole song and dance. Sham elections cost a lot of money to organize and the state doesn't have the money to spare, and everyone in Russia understands the score so it's not like not having the veneer of legitimacy matters anymore either domestically OR internationally (which is why the motions have been carried out previously. Now there's just no need to even pretend)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Every time I see people from Tuva involved in this war I get sad. Huun Huur Tu is from Tuva. Such amazing people. Such amazing heritage. As far as I've understood, Tuva is an impoverished region a quarter of a globe away from Ukraine, and if they were given any kind of choice, they would not go fight and die and commit atrocities in Ukraine in the name of Russia. Putin is a piece of poo poo. I wish he'd stop shipping poor people cross a quarter of a globe to go die for his dumb ideas. I hope people don't stop sending materiel to Ukraine to ensure that Putin's plan of gaining some kind of profit from shipping poor people cross a quarter of a globe to fight and die and commit atrocities for his dumb ideas will succeed.

Jackdaw Zero
Sep 2, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

Just a lurker, but I thought I might as well give a little gift in honour of the Great Hillening.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I appreciate you, your donation, and jackdaws. May they poo poo on the unrighteous forever.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Jackdaw Zero posted:

Just a lurker, but I thought I might as well give a little gift in honour of the Great Hillening.

!!!

Thank you for your generosity

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Yikes. Could have thrown that money away on a lazy bitcoiners barely involved vanity project instead. Not a good look.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

What a waste. You could have used that money to make a real difference in the world, like buying dozens of avatars to own your posting enemies with

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

What if I become a capybara instead?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
putin listens to "life could be dream" every night before bed

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

What if I become a capybara instead?

cromspeed

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

North Korea probably has as big a pile of old rusty in-operable junk as Russia does.
Honestly the North Korean military might be more advanced than the Russian one.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
North Korea has more artillery than Russia does at this point I'm pretty sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean these guys are probably long dead or worse but yeah.

I forgot about these guys almost as thoroughly as their dictator did.