Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Al! posted:

is there a most recent starfield gameplay demo? youtube is a nightmare constellation of soy faced guys pasting together 2 second clips

the big one is the Starfield Direct presentation a couple months ago, it’s mixed in with a bunch of devs (and Todd) presenting but there’s a fair bit of gameplay in there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMOPoAq5vIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
god i just realized the big problem with bethesda faves. it doesnt matter how good the head model is if youre still using the same facial animation system that you made for oblivion

hero of kvetch
Aug 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

is there a most recent starfield gameplay demo? youtube is a nightmare constellation of soy faced guys pasting together 2 second clips

last ive seen is from the direct, thats it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

so pro-tip in bg3: in the wizard tower in the underdark there's an enchanted chest called the Chest of the Mundane that you can pick up and take with you (20 lbs). anything put into the chest turns into a mundane item like a cup or plate, and reverts to its original form when taken back out. importantly, this also means they take on the weight of a cup or plate, so for example a 10 lb piece of armor will turn into a 0.5 lb cup while in the chest. this drastically improves your carrying capacity and is the closest thing I've found yet to a bag of holding in this game. kind of useless for holding stuff you actively need since you can't tell what's what inside the chest, but great for holding junk you plan on selling later

e: apparently this is glitched and starts permanently turning poo poo into cups in act 3 lol

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 21:13 on Aug 18, 2023

hero of kvetch
Aug 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
another goon obsessed with hoarding commodities

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why not just store stuff in your camp chest

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The only good MMO is City Of Heroes and 75% of why its good is the character creator. The other 25% is that you can fly to the top of a skyscraper and knock a bunch of satanist gangsters off by summoning a hurricane.

yep. coh owned.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Zokari posted:

I do that too but this way I don't have to run back to camp to fish it out for sellin'

hero of kvetch posted:

I need to prove my street cred to the ffxiv villains so I can infiltrate and kill their leadership

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i dont have locking picking or trap disarming skills on my MAIN 4, so i send all chests to camp. deal with 'em later ..

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lpzie posted:

i dont have locking picking or trap disarming skills on my MAIN 4, so i send all chests to camp. deal with 'em later ..

wow and I thought I had problems

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Was wondering what was up with that chest, just figured it was a puzzle I didn't discover. Should go back and see if those cups were actually good loot

Zokari posted:

Yeah I just send armour and weapons to camp then empty the storage chest on my next post-dungeon vendor crawl

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

inventory management is definitely the worst thing about the game

i'd kill to just have a shared inventory

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Yup not having the Pathfinder style inventory sucks rear end. The tab menu is okay I guess but it's clunky and annoying

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

The bad UI seems like its due to the team idolizing Ultima VII a lot, which lead to the unfortunate decision to emulate how it handled inventory.

hero of kvetch
Aug 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
inventory mgmt should be a pain in the rear end. stop hoarding. use it or lose it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

hero of kvetch posted:

inventory mgmt should be a pain in the rear end. stop hoarding. use it or lose it

I'm using it to make money

hero of kvetch
Aug 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Buck Wildman posted:

I'm using it to make money

hero of kvetch posted:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

money is weightless and space-efficient, the ideal commodity for the man on the go

hero of kvetch
Aug 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
maybe try making your own new battleaxe you liberal bitch!!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

looting corpses isn't controlling the means of production that way I get many battleaxes while remaining ethically sound

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I did make a dagger out of tree sap tho, is that ok your majesty

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

dealing with the inventory is annoying even for me, can't imagine how much of a nightmare it must be for freaks who feel the need to grab every plate and piece of normal armor they find

hero of kvetch
Aug 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
is that knife going to solve racism?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

hero of kvetch posted:

is that knife going to solve racism?

it solved slavery so far

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Something that helped me in D:OS with the inventory is to grab a bunch of pouches and sort crap into them, like have a gem pouch and a potion pouch and a scroll pouch etc.

My insane BG3 inventory thing is gems and incense is lighter than gold, so I am lugging around hundreds of gems that I will never sell and will just rot in my bags for the entire game.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Zokari posted:

dealing with the inventory is annoying even for me, can't imagine how much of a nightmare it must be for freaks who feel the need to grab every plate and piece of normal armor they find

in my coop campaign, our rogue will get encumbered in nearly every fight from looting the dead bodies in the middle of combat

very in character, he deserves inspiration for his efforts

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

You can put the Chest of Mundane from the tower in the Underdark into your inventory and store all your useless armor and weapons into that thing because it just will transform them into forks and cups when you put stuff in it, so it's like a really lovely bag of holding.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the UI and inventory management is something they had to do for multiplayer but so far multiplayer has been funny as hell and worth it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

You can put the Chest of Mundane from the tower in the Underdark into your inventory and store all your useless armor and weapons into that thing because it just will transform them into forks and cups when you put stuff in it, so it's like a really lovely bag of holding.

finally a kindred soul, look at these mfs not respecting the hustle

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

trying not to crack a grin as my Bard teammate stealths behind a gnome threatening to suicide bomb us in a cutscene and steals her explosive barrel out from under her nose

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Buck Wildman posted:

money is weightless and space-efficient, the ideal commodity for the man on the go

nope, gold has weight in bg3

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

nope, gold has weight in bg3

yeah I just noticed that lmfao whoops

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

sighing as the guard you're trying to smooth talk into letting you talk to the prisoners suddenly disappears from view as the barbarian shoves her into a pit

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

What game are you playing? Because it's definitely not Baldur's Gate 3 where money is gold pieces with weight.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

What game are you playing? Because it's definitely not Baldur's Gate 3 where money is gold pieces with weight.

p unrealistic if you ask me

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

need a credit card container to store all my gold in

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Money obsessed goon now trying to invent a bank :sad:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

Money obsessed goon now trying to invent a bank :sad:

inch by inch I create world of warcraft, and the fifth reich rises

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

so pro-tip in bg3: in the wizard tower in the underdark there's an enchanted chest called the Chest of the Mundane that you can pick up and take with you (20 lbs). anything put into the chest turns into a mundane item like a cup or plate, and reverts to its original form when taken back out. importantly, this also means they take on the weight of a cup or plate, so for example a 10 lb piece of armor will turn into a 0.5 lb cup while in the chest. this drastically improves your carrying capacity and is the closest thing I've found yet to a bag of holding in this game. kind of useless for holding stuff you actively need since you can't tell what's what inside the chest, but great for holding junk you plan on selling later

it bugs out and stops changing poo poo back in act three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

it bugs out and stops changing poo poo back in act three

well gently caress good thing I'm still in act 1