Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Hmmm wondering if Vaati got paid. But also this is already rough, not the game, but the showcase. They really seem to be doing those live and not pre-recorded.

Edit: LOL just literally reshowing the old trailers again.
Edit 2: Didn't even bother to update the date at the end of the Game Awards trailer. Still just said "2023" instead of the exact date.

Edit 3: The fact that this is truly live and only a week before the game launches makes me wonder if someone at Bandai Namco thought they didn't do enough advertising and are trying to cram some in at the last minute like a kid trying to write a 10 page essay the night before its due.

Pulcinella fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pulcinella posted:

Hmmm wondering if Vaati got paid. But also this is already rough, not the game, but the showcase. They really seem to be doing those live and not pre-recorded.

Edit: LOL just literally reshowing the old trailers again.

this lady is having trouble reading her cue cards which is lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

this is awful

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
dear god this is awkward. excited to see the pvp
tho

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm so *waits for teleprompter to scroll* excited

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Too much cringe, I can't take it. Make it stop. :shepicide:

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
the shame of our hobby laid bare. the foot is tender. this is it

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Gameplay looks sick.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Stopped watching. Bandai Namco should kill the stream, pretty sure it would just turn a few people off from the game.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Pulcinella posted:

Stopped watching. Bandai Namco should kill the stream, pretty sure it would just turn a few people off from the game.

if anyone is turned off of the entire game because of a single bad, cringey livestream, they are weak babies

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

punished milkman posted:

the shame of our hobby laid bare. the foot is tender. this is it

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Who are any of these assholes?

I can't wait to watch Oroburro and Cow "I decided to wear shorts" Boy

Lexorin fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 19, 2023

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Getting punished hard for trying to melee is one of my core memories of AC, so I'm glad the show case is doing it too.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

cringe off the charts

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

WarpedLichen posted:

Gameplay looks sick.

multi looks sick as fuuuuuuuck

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

This guy they have talking about the PVP seems to know what he's talking about, I'm guessing he's been part of the scene for awhile?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Good lord if the talking heads would stfu this would be just fine lol

StuffyEvil
Nov 8, 2022

Poison sandwich tea party starts now
(art from @luingear on Twitter)
Triple tank treads + miniguns + grenade launchers looks amazing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

XavierGenisi posted:

if anyone is turned off of the entire game because of a single bad, cringey livestream, they are weak babies

:hai:

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Bandai Namco should take some of that Tekken and Elden Ring money and invest in their advertising department a little bit...

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

I kinda feel bad for the guy with the poorly tailored jacket.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Not sure if I'm a fan of the 3v3 multiplayer gameplay, feels like the optimal way to play is just go gang up on one player and dps them down most of the time.

Feels like people will figure out the optimal loadout and just spam that.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

WarpedLichen posted:

Not sure if I'm a fan of the 3v3 multiplayer gameplay, feels like the optimal way to play is just go gang up on one player and dps them down most of the time.

Wouldn't it actually be a small miracle if Armored Core 6 unlocked the dark secret of "Have you tried, using teamwork in the team mode?" at all?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

WarpedLichen posted:

If it's anything like the Gundam EXVS series, the simple solution to that is to watch your teammates and not get suckered into dumb 1v1s. It will be fine, especially since if the situation is 3v1, and you harass one of the 3, it's not like your target can flat out ignore you

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

I meant more in terms of having more tools like chaff or a shield or something that could be used to punish enemies who tunnel vision.

It's not like these are great players or the parts balance is figured out or anything, but its more the multiplayer feels rather one note so far.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

I actually really wanna try doing a 1v1 fight (maybe even a 3v3 if it could be wrangled) where the ACs have no weapons, and are just using unarmed melee and boost kicks to fight

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
At the very least we know that there are multiple shields in the game (the ones here mostly used that Pulse Shield only though), I wouldn't be surprised if there's chaff/jamming or even the return of poo poo like the Crow

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

XavierGenisi posted:

I actually really wanna try doing a 1v1 fight (maybe even a 3v3 if it could be wrangled) where the ACs have no weapons, and are just using unarmed melee and boost kicks to fight

What system are you going to be playing on?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Big Bizness posted:

What system are you going to be playing on?

PC via Steam

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
3v3 kinda looks like a letdown to me. Not a fan of respawns, the meta from what we have seen seems to just be quad legs or tank legs.

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 19, 2023

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Its kinda disappointing that the players were sort of jobbing to show respawn mechanics on the stream, it feels night and day compared to what we see in the Japanese special briefing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxO8uDaHNT8&t=3784s

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Nobody using manual aim in arena makes me wonder if it is available?

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

Tonetta posted:

3v3 kinda looks like a letdown to me. Not a fan of respawns, the meta from what we have seen seems to just be quad legs or tank legs.

nah, I'd say that quad legs or tank legs seem to be more to be what the people putting on the demonstration settled on than any sort of "meta"

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So I missed the stream, watching it now. I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love the awkwardness. It gives me nostalgia for how awful E3 used to be.

One thing I've been kind of concerned about is that the overall health and ammo stores of any given AC seem a bit low, especially for the scale of the areas and how many enemies there seem to be. However, watching that fightincowboy dude in singleplayer being able to restart with full health and ammo at any checkpoint, which themselves seem surprisingly generous and player-friendly, makes me feel better.

Sure, respawning mid-mission isn't going to get you an S-rank, but at first when you're just trying to get through the game and unlock all the missions and gear or whatever, it seems like a life saver. Mechanically it seems smart too. Like it forces you to be careful with all your resources moment-to-moment like how most From games work, but it also sidesteps the problem of the Demon's/Dark Souls style boss run slog.

About PvP, I do wish there was a no-respawn elimination mode becuase that could make for some really interesting cat/mouse matches, but the infinite respawn chaotic shitshow time limit mode does seem like a great time too.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 19, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

GreatGreen posted:

So I missed the stream, watching it now. I don't know what you guys are talking about, I love the awkwardness. It gives me nostalgia for how awful E3 used to be.

One thing I've been kind of concerned about is that the overall health and ammo stores of any given AC seem a bit low, especially for the scale of the areas and how many enemies there seem to be. However, watching that fightincowboy dude in singleplayer being able to restart with full health and ammo at any checkpoint, which themselves seem surprisingly generous and player-friendly, makes me feel better.

Sure, respawning mid-mission isn't going to get you an S-rank, but at first when you're just trying to get through the game and unlock all the missions and gear or whatever, it seems like a life saver. Mechanically it seems smart too. Like it forces you to be careful with all your resources moment-to-moment like how most From games work, but it also sidesteps the problem of the Demon's/Dark Souls style boss run slog.

About PvP, I do wish there was a no-respawn elimination mode becuase that could make for some really interesting cat/mouse matches, but the infinite respawn chaotic shitshow time limit mode does seem like a great time too.

It looks like if there will be a boss, you get a free resupply with the assumption from the game that even an optimal player will have chewed through their ammo on the trash by then

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

AtomikKrab posted:

It looks like if there will be a boss, you get a free resupply with the assumption from the game that even an optimal player will have chewed through their ammo on the trash by then

yeah but if you use it you're a casual sooooo

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Someone said on some interview (gently caress if I can remember which one) that you can only hit the highest ranking on a mission if you don't use any resupplies so that's actually true.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Someone said on some interview (gently caress if I can remember which one) that you can only hit the highest ranking on a mission if you don't use any resupplies so that's actually true.

I don't know if that's true because you don't really have enough ammo to make it through a whole level + a boss. I think it's that using a resupply drop doesn't negatively impact your score, but respawning at a checkpoint will.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

I don't know if that's true because you don't really have enough ammo to make it through a whole level + a boss. I think it's that using a resupply drop doesn't negatively impact your score, but respawning at a checkpoint will.

I'm not sure where this assumption comes from, ammo conservation has always been a pillar of the armored core gameplay, and it IS from we're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

field balm posted:

I'm not sure where this assumption comes from, ammo conservation has always been a pillar of the armored core gameplay, and it IS from we're talking about

do you think that the armory stations that let you switch AC parts and weapons mid mission give you guns with no ammo