Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how good is it that rush limbaugh died
very good
extremely good
insanely good
View Results

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
e: I was running on little sleep and don't find what I posted funny now, just weird. terrible snipe before and after

nice obelisk idiot fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Jet Jaguar posted:

Trump indicted for the fourth time this evening, and now staring at 91 separate felony charges.

That would have killed Rush, had he not already been dead. He'd have just had the big one live on air while ranting about it.

Nah odds are he'd still be ranting about it on aor now 12ish hours later.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So I just took a dump and immediately thought of Rush Limbaugh. Connection?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Still can't believe he got that stupid medal from Trump like he was a war hero or something.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
lol

Rush is dead!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

Its the stench of poo poo and general sewer decor that does it.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Floodixor posted:

lol

Rush is dead!

warms and uplifts my heart a little whenever I recall this, thank you

remember, friends, that you are valid and worthy of love, unlike Rush Limbaugh who spent his adult life making things worse for everyone and who is now a lifeless piss sponge in the cold earth

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh argued that drug abuse was a choice, not a disease. He later became addicted to painkillers.

Debates on the distribution, sale, and use of illegal drugs have been prominent in United States politics for the past several decades. Political commentator and talk show host Rush Limbaugh has become well known for his outspoken opinions on a number of political and social issues, including drug abuse.

During his talk show on October 5, 1995, Limbaugh stated:

“There’s nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.”

Limbaugh argued that drug abuse was a choice, not a disease, and that it should be combatted with strict legal consequences.

In October 2003, news outlets reported that Limbaugh was under investigation for illegally obtaining prescription drugs. Limbaugh illegally purchased hundreds of prescription pills per month over a period of several years. He engaged in the practice of “doctor shopping” by visiting different doctors to obtain multiple prescriptions for drugs that would otherwise be illegal. When this was disclosed, Limbaugh checked into a treatment facility. He said:

“Over the past several years I have tried to break my dependence on pain pills and, in fact, twice checked myself into medical facilities in an attempt to do so…. I have recently agreed with my physician about the next steps.”

Though doctor shopping was punishable by up to five years in prison under Florida law, charges against Limbaugh were dropped after he sought help and agreed to the prosecutors’ settlement. Limbaugh has said that he became addicted to painkillers as a result of serious back pain.

1. How would you describe Rush Limbaugh’s fundamental attribution error in this case? Explain.

2. Do you think Limbaugh’s own drug addiction would change his opinion on drug abuse and his judgment of people using or affected by illegal drugs? Why or why not?

3. If you were a regular listener of Limbaugh’s talk show, how might the disclosure of his drug addiction affect your opinion of him? What if you were not a regular listener?

4. Can you think of any other examples of the fundamental attribution error apparent in popular media? Describe an example and explain why it would be a case of fundamental attribution error.

5. Can you think of any examples of the fundamental attribution error from your own life? Describe and explain.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ima celebrate this dude being dead by doing some drugs

E: yall have a Good Friday

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

trilljester posted:

Still can't believe he got that stupid medal from Trump like he was a war hero or something.

Is that stupid medal moldering in his grave along with his fat useless corpse? Or was it tossed in the trash where it belongs?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Floodixor posted:

lol

Rush is dead!

lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

David D. Davidson posted:

Both are now underground. lol!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

SilentChaz posted:

Is that stupid medal moldering in his grave along with his fat useless corpse? Or was it tossed in the trash where it belongs?

I'm sure it is part of a collection that will eventually become a museum dedicated to that idiot.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Brings a smile to the face remembering Rush continues to be dead

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

It was my birthday yesterday.

I wanna thank you for remining me that Rush no longer can poison America.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
more like rushed himself to an early grave

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i wish rush were still alive

so he could die again lmao

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

i wish rush were still alive

so he could die again lmao

The coward most likely died his allotted thousand deaths

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Genesplicer posted:

I'm sure it is part of a collection that will eventually become a museum dedicated to that idiot.

lmao. As if this dead sack of poo poo who spewed hypocrtical hate ever did anything worthy of a museum.

No one remembers him at this point beyond people like us who celebrate that he's rotting in the ground. There are always more hateful fuckers ready to take the place of bastards like Rush once they're gone, and I will celebrate their deaths, should I be fortunate enough to outlive them too.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

SilentChaz posted:

lmao. As if this dead sack of poo poo who spewed hypocrtical hate ever did anything worthy of a museum.

No one remembers him at this point beyond people like us who celebrate that he's rotting in the ground. There are always more hateful fuckers ready to take the place of bastards like Rush once they're gone, and I will celebrate their deaths, should I be fortunate enough to outlive them too.

That's part of the reason I still have this bookmarked. Every time it gets necro'd I get a reminder that this thread is the only place that really cares about this dude anymore and most of the rest of these extremist demagogues are going to go exactly the same way.

Take Carlson, for example. Dude ain't even dead yet, and he's already on the way out of the public mind.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
IIRC Carlson has a lawsuit filed agaisnt Fox News for breach of contract.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I would like to amend my previous post in this treat, if you all will allow it. This, I think, succinctly explains my emotions:

lol he's STILL dead! He's not ever going to not be dead, either. Rush Limbaugh is dead.

He's gone and I love it.

Thank you.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

SilentChaz posted:

Doesn't need to be worthy. Someone, somewhere will build one, regardless. Maybe in the back room of some country restaurant in the middle of a hick town in the Bible Belt, but one will be built somewhere. And it will be a minor tourist draw for the area. Eventually it will be forgotten as those who remember the show and the horrible human being die off, and the collection will be sold off to some collector of obscure broadcasting memorabilia.

But I'm still glad he's dead.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Genesplicer posted:

Doesn't need to be worthy. Someone, somewhere will build one, regardless. Maybe in the back room of some country restaurant in the middle of a hick town in the Bible Belt, but one will be built somewhere. And it will be a minor tourist draw for the area. Eventually it will be forgotten as those who remember the show and the horrible human being die off, and the collection will be sold off to some collector of obscure broadcasting memorabilia.

But I'm still glad he's dead.

he only ever worked on AM radio. He wasn't there. Also he was a huge rear end in a top hat.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Jimmy Buffett followers are called Parrotheads. Today, they mourn. Rush Limbaugh's followers were called Dittoheads. They are also dead or have forgotten about their now urine soaked mushy messiah.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Oh yeah! Rush is dead! I completely forgot!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just thought about this

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

As I’m watching the Republican Debate, I can’t help but notice that Rush Limbaugh hasn’t been mentioned once, not a single time. And that is because he is DEAD.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Sounds like we found a solution to Elon's big mouth

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Went on Twitter on the app this morning, where I don't have ads blocked and got this one:

I checked, and the art predates his death, but this account is still active and buying ads to post this.

Nothing like a good hearty laugh at the art and then another one remembering that fat sack of bloviating trash is rotting in the ground after a prolonged and painful death.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That signature makes me think his name is Jimbow Jr

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Rush Limbaugh is still dead LOL he's prob just a dusty skeleton by now, no more guts

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

smoobles posted:

Rush Limbaugh is still dead LOL he's prob just a dusty skeleton by now, no more guts

Lol. Rush never had any guts. He just attacked people he knew he could beat

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I think this song sums up my feelings.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

song title does it

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I just checked. He's still dead.

Good.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Just thought back to the time he turned anti-properly inflating your car tires because a possibly liberal article said it helps fuel economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So did Rush say anything interesting after today's historic vote to oust Kevin McCarthy from his position as Speaker of the House?