Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

cool av posted:

one week until ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON

livestream thing starts in four minutes https://www.youtube.com/live/0Tk5YA4WRrg?feature=share

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Xaris posted:

this

i genuinely dont understand mmo addicts. i tried playing Lost Ark and it was so loving boring, i kept hoping "ok maybe it'll get good after i reach...." and it never did. it's somehow still the top 20 most played game on Steam with 30k active users. like what the gently caress

like yeah i played a lot of Guild Wars 1 back in the early 2000s but that's because it was free, and also i was in high school with no credit card and too much infinite free time, and even then it was more a competitive pvp game with no grind

:same: I tried Guild Wars 2 and it was boring. I did the WOW trial and got to like level 5 before that too was boring. Who the gently caress is getting addicted to these things? I guess if I had a group or something pushing me through....

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

Yes I know I have to be the 16th victim. I would still rather do the 21 Sacraments before going apartment hunting again.

You cant even put bait down anymore, liberals out of control

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I bought ac6 because I am stoked and financially undisciplined. looking forward to reviving Fleximus Prime the tank with arms

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Xaris posted:

I’ve never played the genre or commandos/tactic games

I’ll look into it

ok here's the pitch: it's the lost vikings but with dota guys

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you control little spy mans and they have various powers you use to murder your way across a level, top down and realtime. quicksaving and loading is a mechanic of the game, as you pull off split second maneuvers through practice

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Al! posted:

ok here's the pitch: it's the lost vikings but with dota guys

drat that is the best way to describe those games

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Zokari posted:

gameplay reveal trailer??? do you press right trigger and then left trigger this time

I used to be a complete sucker for CoD campaigns. Tight, 6ish hour linear campaign where you see on screen what a bloated* AAA game budget can really do...and then I played the MW2 campaign last year and it was dog poo poo. e.g. Who the hell wanted all these stealth and stealth-crafting missions? Why does the game end with a stealth-crafting boss fight? And why did none of the crafting stuff make it into the battle royal mode where it would make sense? So yeah, I think I'm done with CoD (Also the multiplayer wasn't great either with numerous UI and matchmaking bugs that were never fixed, the UI in general was garbage, and Activision is more interested in developing Warsone and BattlePass monetization schemes than developing the regular multiplayer)

*bloated game budget used to depict a bloated military budget.

Hyped for AC6 though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I played shadow tactics and enjoyed it. I was p bad at it tho, it took me forever to complete a mission

I liked the bruiser samurai character who was completely unstealthy and basically existed to be a distraction

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
OST of the year dropped today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwOixiP3cBU

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I've never played an Armored Core game so I'm gonna let all you you playtest it for me and then I'll buy it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

gently caress yeah

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Buck Wildman posted:

I played shadow tactics and enjoyed it. I was p bad at it tho, it took me forever to complete a mission

I liked the bruiser samurai character who was completely unstealthy and basically existed to be a distraction

you're supposed to be bad at it and missions are supposed to take a long time. for me it's relaxing, like sudoku, murder sudoku

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

it's hard to explain the quicksave/load feature in this game but it's amazing and every game should do it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

I wanna know you name~

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Starfield is gonna suck. BG3 cemented this view for me because it made Diablo 4 look like trash and what is Bethesda if not a Blizzard with less public sex scandals?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

anybody who's preordered starfield should consult me for an excellent opportunity to purchase a bit of river infrastructure. people who are gonna try it on gamepass will no doubt love a youtube link I have to a hot song you've never heard before

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ok finished TOTK. Great game, still bummed it's over. Ganondorf's second phase (the gameplay wall phase) felt almost like an Elden Ring boss in that literally the only way to damage him was perfect dodges, and it took me a while to learn to avoid his fireballs, and with him gradually killing your heart containers you couldn't even rely on your food stash. The last phase was some great spectacle too

Fixing some kind of huge environmental issue in every area was fun, reminded me of Majora's Mask except this time it didn't all get undone immediately. And the Depths felt kind of like an Elden Ring ripoff at first due to the timing but tbh what with the literal inversions of surface map features I ended up interpreting it the way I'm pretty sure it was intended -- as a Dark World. New spin on Zelda tradition.

Anyway Chained Echoes is next, I'll get around to BG3 one of these days

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NGL, probably would have died repeatedly to middle phase Ganondorf if I hadn't been rocking a fully-upgraded Soldier Set

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

anybody who's preordered starfield should consult me for an excellent opportunity to purchase a bit of river infrastructure. people who are gonna try it on gamepass will no doubt love a youtube link I have to a hot song you've never heard before

its gonna be pretty good i bet

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

loquacius posted:

Ok finished TOTK. Great game, still bummed it's over. Ganondorf's second phase (the gameplay wall phase) felt almost like an Elden Ring boss in that literally the only way to damage him was perfect dodges, and it took me a while to learn to avoid his fireballs, and with him gradually killing your heart containers you couldn't even rely on your food stash. The last phase was some great spectacle too

Fixing some kind of huge environmental issue in every area was fun, reminded me of Majora's Mask except this time it didn't all get undone immediately. And the Depths felt kind of like an Elden Ring ripoff at first due to the timing but tbh what with the literal inversions of surface map features I ended up interpreting it the way I'm pretty sure it was intended -- as a Dark World. New spin on Zelda tradition.

Anyway Chained Echoes is next, I'll get around to BG3 one of these days

idk much about zelda but good job, good work knocking another game off the list

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

it;'s cool when one of your characters catch on fire and the game bugs out so they just never stop being on fire and you watch them burning to death in the background of a cutscene. easy to see why bg3 got so many 10/10s

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

turn off the TV posted:

it;'s cool when one of your characters catch on fire and the game bugs out so they just never stop being on fire and you watch them burning to death in the background of a cutscene. easy to see why bg3 got so many 10/10s

skill issue

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

skill issue

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

just play good games, ez.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Cuttlefush posted:

skill issue

:hai:

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

realistic, martial classes would struggle with this every day of their life

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

xenogears

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
honestly if you aren't constantly on fire and loving it in a larian game you're doing something wrong

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Popy posted:

xenogears

was the first psx game i bought on the ps3

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Popy posted:

xenogears

not much what's xenogears with you

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How many times does everyone think they're going to cry while playing Star Field?

Just watching the previews has had me sobbing (with both sadness and happiness, at the powerful narratives), so I don't know if I'm ready

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'm crying because there's no scaled fist monk in dnd. Who doesn't want to be a kung fu movie villain? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M213TbKqxlU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I think I've mostly pinned down my major issue with Blasphemous. It feels like a game that should've been an experiment in making a metroidvania with a minimum of platforming and maximum of just a big deep alien world to explore, what with the slow and parry heavy nature of the combat and relative lack of movement skills, but instead 2/3 of the screens seem to be something right out of an NES game. The big tell tho is that it takes Souls-style extreme punishment for loving up platforming but not the Souls habit of making platforming extremely rare

Ten Piedad remains either a bad fight or a nut I haven't cracked, seems like you can either just sit in a corner and parry everything or run around like a chicken with your head cut off for what ends up being 3x as long. Been clearing what I assume is most every part of the zones so far that I can get at least but unless I get like angel wings so I can fly it's going to be tough convincing myself to go through some of these segments again just for some jerk's finger bone. Well "bad" is kind of strong, it's a fine fight, just feels like it should be cooler than it is even for a first boss

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

After HK tho I'm definitely doing a LOT better at the combat part so that's good, but alas it seems to just be making other stuff stand out more. The dash attack fuckin rules but I really wish I could move around while charging up the charge strike, it feels a bit useless as is

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Ytlaya posted:

How many times does everyone think they're going to cry while playing Star Field?

Just watching the previews has had me sobbing (with both sadness and happiness, at the powerful narratives), so I don't know if I'm ready

is this an ironic post

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.
there's a cult and a giant planet eating snake that's pretty cool imo, definitely sithis

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Starfield is gonna suck. BG3 cemented this view for me because it made Diablo 4 look like trash and what is Bethesda if not a Blizzard with less public sex scandals?

ppl still believe in howard in 2023 lol

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Palladium posted:

is this an ironic post

is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

I think I've mostly pinned down my major issue with Blasphemous. It feels like a game that should've been an experiment in making a metroidvania with a minimum of platforming and maximum of just a big deep alien world to explore, what with the slow and parry heavy nature of the combat and relative lack of movement skills, but instead 2/3 of the screens seem to be something right out of an NES game. The big tell tho is that it takes Souls-style extreme punishment for loving up platforming but not the Souls habit of making platforming extremely rare

Ten Piedad remains either a bad fight or a nut I haven't cracked, seems like you can either just sit in a corner and parry everything or run around like a chicken with your head cut off for what ends up being 3x as long. Been clearing what I assume is most every part of the zones so far that I can get at least but unless I get like angel wings so I can fly it's going to be tough convincing myself to go through some of these segments again just for some jerk's finger bone. Well "bad" is kind of strong, it's a fine fight, just feels like it should be cooler than it is even for a first boss
this is correct. it's definitely one of those games made artist first, game second. That is clearly someone just had a (good) idea "what if we made a hosed up musei vatacani old testament latin mass game" and started drawing then, then scrambled to put a game behind it. it was never a gameplay first and it's actually rough because they didn't know how to design it so it's a mess of like NES instantdeath spikes and lovely platforming to slow it down so you don't finish it in 30 minutes

fwiw i played it when it first launched and it was a much worse state. afaik they actually smoothed over a lot of the issues since then. so you picked a good time to play it like 3+ years later.