Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

That makes me think it was something weird more than the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
You could've bought more mangosteen, dear poster.

You could've bought it all.

But you didn't. And look at us now.

LOOK WHAT WE DID TO US

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
M’angosteen

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

WEH posted:

probably oughta add it to the op eh

Quoting this to add valuable information to my post

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Rickshaw posted:

new theory: mh370 was carrying a secret dirty bomb or something and the orbs intervened to prevent WWIII

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1392386/mh370-news-secret-cargo-document-found-indian-ocean-zaharie-shah-changy-book-spt

This made me actually spit my drink a little reading it and chuckling. Legit mangosteens

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

WEH posted:

Hell yeah, thank you! Hoping to get a little reading time in while at a flea market booth tomorrow (but not tooooo much).

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

For a conspiracy-minded sci-fi fan, try Asimov's short story The Dead Past. It's an interesting idea even if it ultimately stands on the side of government coverups

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

I was thinking maybe drugs?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

WEH posted:

i gotchu

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*peter griffin voice*

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's a good time for me to be reading Le Guin's Hainish series

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:cheers:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

D-Pad posted:

It got talked about a lot in the GBS thread and a little in here. It's a book by Steven Erikson (the Malazan guy). Aliens show up and immediately cover the Earth in force fields. They push out and keep out all humans from sensitive natural sites, they also prevent any human from physically harming another in any way shape or form. They provide free food and other basic necessities to anybody that needs it but they don't say a single word to humans except one person they abduct as an emissary. Basically fully automated luxury gay space communism. Since our entire civilization is based on violence or the threat of it things get interesting fast. It's a really neat little sci Fi novel and most people in this thread would probably enjoy it.

Oh OK I think I vaguely remember that from somewhere

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

LuckyCat posted:

I was thinking maybe drugs?

People doing drugs in the bird thread???

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

People doing drugs in the bird thread???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFWFqSn9JJA

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012
What if the mangosteens was originally an aitee fruit and they didn't want to share with the monkey.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

why is it called a mangosteen if it doesnt look like a mango nor a steen

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

blatman posted:

why is it called a mangosteen if it doesnt look like a mango nor a steen

:cb:

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

if he's so into them he should change his name to R. W. Mangosteen Jr

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

!amicable posted:

it would be fine to use that label if you also followed some actual doctrine instead of basically a cult like adherence to whichever popular skeptic has said something recently

its really hard to make your own brain thought tho

What Pharyngula turned into ugh

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Inspector Hound posted:

was there any explanation for the mystery iranians using stolen passports?

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

not buying enough mangosteens causing mh370 to get abducted might be the funniest weird piece of SA lore, lmfao

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Coldrice posted:

legit mangosteens

:wtc:

can't..be loving serious lmao for like 8 minutes now

Feral Integral has issued a correction as of 06:37 on Aug 19, 2023

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

FOIA'ing Something Awful LLC, will update

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
*prints out a mangosteen picture*

*tacks to wall*

*adds two pieces of yarn connecting MH370 to SA via da 'steen*

but what does it mean??

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
It's 1:20am on a Friday and I am currently researching the shelf life of mangosteens after having consumed what is probably too strong of an edible...

FWIW - 7 weeks in optimal conditions, 3 weeks without chilling.

https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/F_N-31.pdf

the phenomenon's hyper intelligence is surely just a poo poo poster loving with us at this point

time for some yakuza

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Delta-Wye posted:

*prints out a mangosteen picture*

*tacks to wall*

*adds two pieces of yarn connecting MH370 to SA via da 'steen*

but what does it mean??

https://i.imgur.com/1bm1KIs.gifv

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Phil Schneider theorized that a nuclear weapon was detonated at WTC in '93 because conventional explosives wouldn't melt steel beams. He supposed the same for OKC.

If only he were here today with us, learning the fruity truth.

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
is 4.5 tons of mangosteens the rough equivalent weight of one orb in a containment vessel?

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Victor Vermis posted:

Phil Schneider theorized that a nuclear weapon was detonated at WTC in '93 because conventional explosives wouldn't melt steel beams. He supposed the same for OKC.

If only he were here today with us, learning the fruity truth.

Conventional explosives + 4 tons of mangosteens in the WTC basement. Their naturally high magnesium content pushed the fire above 2000F.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Mangosteens are actually a controlled substance on zeta reticuli and earth is the easiest place to harvest. They were geeking when they detected that load..

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

it wasnt radar pnutties, aitees, or birds. the portal orbs were good ol US of A hyper tech black world ops tasked with stopping mangosteen 9/11. think about it. who had the power to shut down weather satellites and hydrophones in the region? who could have tasked NROL/SBIRS assets in advance? who had the ability to cover it up? it was an op. radar was framed

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Mangosteens have a lot to answer for

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Mr. Barnesworth posted:

It's 1:20am on a Friday and I am currently researching the shelf life of mangosteens after having consumed what is probably too strong of an edible...

FWIW - 7 weeks in optimal conditions, 3 weeks without chilling.

https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/F_N-31.pdf

the phenomenon's hyper intelligence is surely just a poo poo poster loving with us at this point

time for some yakuza

You can buy them in bulk at Costco these days

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP81R00560R000100010001-0.pdf

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Did anyone post that buckwild audio of the lady who claimed to have been the one to interview the survivor of the Roswell crash?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Delta-Wye posted:

with my mind on the orbs and the orbs on my mind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjxSCAalsBE

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
need a cool mod to mod challenge all the dummies in the gbs thread convinced they could easily remake the plane videos. I think it'd be very funny to watch the NDT brains have to try to work something like that out.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mod challenges are cringe, it's best to simply invoke the mods to own your posting enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Can’t we find a reliable person to review that MH370 video instead of loving basement neck beards doing their “forensic analysis” and talking about mouse cursor movements? That r/UFOs is an insane asylum, I swear to god.