Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
drinking an oberon motherbitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Didn't get a big project done today, but my boss said "all good bro, btw we're going home early".

And now I'm at the fukken CIRCUS

good friday

The circus is in town?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

these friday shifts at the dick sucking factory are getting out of hand

just now arriving home

Have you tried suckin faster?

Or maybe harder?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also Friday vibes massively improved after beers and a cheesesteak at a dive bar

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

man there's like no security after hours at the dick sucking factory on Fridays, good to know for later too

you left the light on btw Bad Purchase, don't worry about it though

or someone did at least, I dunno

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
It's Saturday in some part of Canada isnt it???

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
There's hot for teacher blaring and a babe in a catsuit using like twenty hoolahoops

The circus loving RULES

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

bagmonkey posted:

It's Saturday in some part of Canada isnt it???

should be 12:23 or something in the Atlantic time zone, yeah - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Time_Zone

wanting to close the thread for now?

e:asking out of curiosity - I haven't seen the changeover in real time before, actually

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

It's 1129 in the one true time zone

Magic tournament was fun went 3-3. Most people weren't smelly.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
having a nice evening of baldur's gate after work, sippin modestly. having a bit of an anakin moment in one of the areas of act 2.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
i kinda want to get bg3 but I know my schedule will not permit me to commit proper time to it so it must wait

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Saturday posting on the Friday thread

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

this feels forbidden. gently caress friday thread it's Sat bois

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Rode my bike a bunch tonight. Its hot and humid. Love to sweat and make cars mad. Vibes are amazing rn. Just good times flowing through the city. Blessed.

If you drive a tesla youre a literal piece of poo poo btw.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Chinatown posted:

Rode my bike a bunch tonight. Its hot and humid. Love to sweat and make cars mad. Vibes are amazing rn. Just good times flowing through the city. Blessed.

If you drive a tesla youre a literal piece of poo poo btw.

Fully automatic cyclist murder bots

I'd like to create a new conspiracy that Elon musk hate cyclists so much that he has intentionally programmed Tesla's to pretend like they don't exist because they're not people in his mind

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

It’s Friday somewhere and that’s all that matters, hope y’all had a great friday goon friends!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I GOTTA PISS

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hello from thursday

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pissday

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bagmonkey posted:

i kinda want to get bg3 but I know my schedule will not permit me to commit proper time to it so it must wait

Been stuck in chapter 2 since a few days after release.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
omg it's Friday!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

watching the knick for the first time. i had never really considered how awesome everything used to be for rich, stimulant addicted racists. it’s still awesome now, but it used to be something else

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dick Fontaine posted:

watching the knick for the first time. i had never really considered how awesome everything used to be for rich, stimulant addicted racists. it’s still awesome now, but it used to be something else

I love a good period piece and The Knick is very good.

Someone recommended Warrior to me and it’s just not the same. I love Boardwalk Empire and wish we got more of those kinds of big costume and set dramas.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

How Similar is Boardwalk Empire to Sopranos and The Wire? I finished the latter two over the past year and I need some more prestige television in my veins.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its pretty good I watched the series and liked it. Plenty of grim mob violence and drama.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Blue Labrador posted:

How Similar is Boardwalk Empire to Sopranos and The Wire? I finished the latter two over the past year and I need some more prestige television in my veins.

The Wire is the best TV show of all time, Sopranos is extremely good.

Boardwalk Empire is probably my 3rd favorite and kind of my pocket pick, but again, I'm a huge sucker for lavish sets and costumes. I think most people would put it a rung below because a famous character was killed off at the end of the second season, but the third season is where it got elevated imho, and actually went from good/great to amazing.

Deadwood is also top flight and if you haven't seen and dig the Western Shakespeare vibe, it's great.

Check this poo poo out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycGNry4_Bks

And they barely even use that one set, there's innumerable old lavish hotels and houses and 1920s art deco buildings and whatnot.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Oh gently caress yeah, that's amazing. You used the adjective, but I didn't realize it was that lavish though, that's intense in the best way. I love good period costumes too!

Toxic Mental posted:

Deadwood is also top flight and if you haven't seen and dig the Western Shakespeare vibe, it's great.

This though, I didn't know this was on the table. Western Shakespeare sounds extremely up my alley and now I'm checking this out pronto. Thank you!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Let me put it this way. I, like a lot of people, kind of petered out after the 2nd season and stopped watching. I got recommended some clips randomly of the third season on YouTube and then binged the whole last three seasons in a week. I had stopped right before it got good, just like the meme.

Boardwalk Empire season 5 also manages to do what Sopranos season 6 does and go beyond just "premium TV" and is elevated to that higher level where it's fully matured and beyond its own tropes and cliches.

Deadwood had the season 3 cliffhanger that never got resolved, but then they made the movie like 15 years later and literally EVERYONE came back. I think it may have stuck the landing better than any other show in the history of TV, truly a tone-perfect, pitch-perfect and immaculate final scene, which I won't spoil for you but if you watch the whole thing through and then the movie, you'll know what I mean.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
The last time I posted in this thread was a seven meeting Friday.

This Friday will be an eight-meeting Friday, plus one that doesn't technically count because it starts at 11:45PM on Thursday. :wtc:

HAPPY FRIDAY YOU FUCKERS.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Sundae posted:

The last time I posted in this thread was a seven meeting Friday.

This Friday will be an eight-meeting Friday, plus one that doesn't technically count because it starts at 11:45PM on Thursday. :wtc:

HAPPY FRIDAY YOU FUCKERS.

Just say you can’t make it and ask they record the meeting.

Friday

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Well well well look what the cat dragged in, another Friday!

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Leftover pizza and fresh coffee for breakfast.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

started friday with a 9am internal meeting but we had whisky at the meeting so we're doing okay

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

oh hey Friday, I didn't see you there

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Last day of work at my current job. Gonna knock off early and turn in my stuff. Then it's out to the woods with the bros to eat shrooms, cook over the campfire, and play with the doggos. A blessed Friday.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Last day of work at my current job. Gonna knock off early and turn in my stuff. Then it's out to the woods with the bros to eat shrooms, cook over the campfire, and play with the doggos. A blessed Friday.

drat that sounds rad. I'm jealous.

I'm supposed to go eat at a new chicken play with hot cocoa then go check out a local busker festival. Should be fun. Just have to get through this workday first.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

oh hey Friday, I didn't see you there

That’s a badass new av, SIB

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That’s a badass new av, SIB

thanks I thought it was time for an update