Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
He'd probably have to fire most of the staff. Or at least most of the staff that have been on video.

Since the skeletons are coming out of the closet, in one of their other videos they build a lovely water cooled mattress which is sponsored by the company Eight Sleep. Someone on staff that was arranging the set decided that instead of arranging some of the boxes to say EIGHT and SLEEP, they instead set them up to have EIGHT EIGHT (88), which is a big time white supremacist dog whistle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm trying to catch up on 1500 posts.. Why exactly does not being as good of a reviewer as Gamers Nexus mean that LTT needs to lose sponsors and business?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Comatoast posted:

I'm trying to catch up on 1500 posts.. Why exactly does not being as good of a reviewer as Gamers Nexus mean that LTT needs to lose sponsors and business?

Keep reading, but the tl;dr is sexual harassment and an abusive work culture

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The reviewer part is not as relevant anymore because there's workplace abuse and sexual harassment in the mix now

efb

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Mr.Radar posted:

LMG decided not to upload any Floatplane-exclslusive content this week despite "yes" winning their poll about it:

Anyone who called "Linus' new audience will consist of incel chuds", step forward and claim your kewpie doll :toot:

Comatoast posted:

Keep reading and you will find the answer to this question, and also that the premise of your question is waaaay off base

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

SpartanIvy posted:

He'd probably have to fire most of the staff. Or at least most of the staff that have been on video.

Since the skeletons are coming out of the closet, in one of their other videos they build a lovely water cooled mattress which is sponsored by the company Eight Sleep. Someone on staff that was arranging the set decided that instead of arranging some of the boxes to say EIGHT and SLEEP, they instead set them up to have EIGHT EIGHT (88), which is a big time white supremacist dog whistle.

Boy I’d like to contribute that to just absentminded sorting but uh

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Just think, if Linus hadn't made that dogshit forum post everything would have blown over by monday.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Anyone who called "Linus' new audience will consist of incel chuds", step forward and claim your kewpie doll :toot:

New?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Comatoast posted:

Linus wouldn't deny that he dropped his fair share of hard R's back before LTT

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
meh. Show me convictions. Allegations don't mean much. And we already knew that you don't go to LTT for quality reviews, you go for the absurdity.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Comatoast posted:

meh. Show me convictions. Allegations don't mean much. And we already knew that you don't go to LTT for quality reviews, you go for the absurdity.
Amazing how you managed to make up your mind without even bothering to read anything in this thread. There's a lot of damning evidence and corroboration, but don't let that get in the way of supporting your favorite corporation.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Comatoast posted:

Perhaps you should keep on reading and refrain from commenting until you're caught up? That way you'd know at least one other former LMG employee has corroborated the claims Madison Reeve made.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Yeah, no. Lack of convictions does not mean innocent. Almost nobody is convicted of sexual harassment/assault or power harassment in the workplace.

Also, you are obviously extremely out of the loop, because Linus is trying to present his company as a place for serious detailed data-driven reviews.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Comatoast posted:

Are you trying to beat this guy in how fast you can dig a hole for yourself?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My only hope is that Dan and Alex aren't assholes because I appreciate Alex's insane half-engineered ideas and Dan's absolute basedness.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Comatoast posted:

gently caress you

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr.Radar posted:

LMG decided not to upload any Floatplane-exclslusive content this week despite "yes" winning their poll about it:

The comment at the bottom made me lol. Chuds are so predictable it's like something I would make up and put there as a gag. At least it was downvoted into the negative so that's a better look for the community at large.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

SpartanIvy posted:

My only hope is that Dan and Alex aren't assholes because I appreciate Alex's insane half-engineered ideas and Dan's absolute basedness.

No idea about Dan, but someone posted a screenshot of a tweet by current employee Emily asking their thoughts on the situation, and she basically said "I don't want to prejudice any ongoing investigation but I will continue to speak up and push for change within the company", and Alex gave it a "Like", for whatever that may be worth.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mewse posted:

praying 4 u

Homer did you stick your head in the shine-o ball-o

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

priznat posted:

Homer did you stick your head in the shine-o ball-o

Who is this goofy fucker?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Zoodpipe posted:

The guy who basically lit the fuse on this whole shitstorm (though it had been simmering for a good while), by saying "LTT rules, GN/HUB drools"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Zoodpipe posted:

Do you mean me or that guy :haw:

I am definitely a goofy fucker

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Comatoast posted:

Go gently caress yourself

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Comatoast posted:

gently caress you

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

priznat posted:

Do you mean me or that guy :haw:

I am definitely a goofy fucker

Ha. Sorry. Mr computer guru in the pic.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Settle down kids. Realize you’re getting riled up around YouTube personalities and face yourself to dehumanization.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Zoodpipe posted:

Ha. Sorry. Mr computer guru in the pic.

He's the guy who said Labs were more reliable than GN and HUB. Basically the first domino in this specific chain of events.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Comatoast posted:

:nms::nws:I have your convictions right here.:nms::nws:

[edited by Internet Explorer: added nms/nws tags]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 19, 2023

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress me for being reasonable and not jumping to conclusions. Are you guys all insiders that know stuff the rest of the internet doesn't?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Randalor posted:

I have your convictions right here.

Oh God is Dennis gonna have to edit this footage too?

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Aug 19, 2023

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Where the gently caress is that weird nerds taking a bullet Simpsons meme?

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Comatoast posted:

gently caress me for being reasonable and not jumping to conclusions. Are you guys all insiders that know stuff the rest of the internet doesn't?

Believe women, rear end in a top hat.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Comatoast posted:

Except you did jump to a conclusion, just the opposite one of any reasonable person.

Maybe stop digging for a bit.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

anakha posted:

Are you trying to beat this guy in how fast you can dig a hole for yourself?

Comatoast posted:

Guess that answers my question lol

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Comatoast posted:

For someone who had no idea what was going on, you're very quick to "reasonably" assume that LTT is completely blameless and Madison is lying despite A) other staff confirming what she said happened and B) Linus holding a company meeting the day after she left about the very subject (and dismissing it as "drama").

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Comatoast posted:

No, we're just people who read the goddamn thread

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Comatoast posted:

you also didn't believe that lowtax's exes were abused. i'm sensing a theme with you and women

Celexi posted:

gently caress you

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"Hi guys, I didn't read the thread completely, but I'm going to ask a question that's clearly biased in Linus and co.'s favor, as well as outright dismiss any sexual harassment allegations made by a former female employee. I didn't read the thread so I don't know that those allegations were already corroborated, and frankly I don't care. I am the reasonable one here. :smuggo:"

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Whoa, let’s all slow down, did anybody even reach out to Comatoast for comment first? Very troubled at the lack of journalistic integrity in this thread.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Proving that SA happened years after the fact can be nearly impossible, but you know this.

Proving that the first words out of his mouth about the allegations were a lie is going to be trivially easy. It's about the most damning sentence he could have written. HR was his wife. It would have been nearly impossible for him not to have known. Why wasn't a 3rd party HR called in THEN?

If I can't believe the first sentence of what he said happened, how am I supposed to believe anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Proving that SA happened years after the fact can be nearly impossible, but you know this.

Proving that the first words out of his mouth about the allegations were a lie is going to be trivially easy. It's about the most damning sentence he could have written. HR was his wife. It would have been nearly impossible for him not to have known. Why wasn't a 3rd party HR called in THEN?

If I can't believe the first sentence of what he said happened, how am I supposed to believe anything else?

also that leaked harassment meeting took place the day after Madison left. he knew why. he held the meeting.