Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A whole season built around picking up & throwing Ball!

What a great time to reprise everybody's favorite Destiny 1 Raid

... Crota's End!!

If Wrath was the raid this season, how many wipes would be caused by throwing an ORB at Vosik or Atraks instead of a Siva Cluster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I gotta say I was extremely disappointed until I saw unstoppable fusion and now I am all the way in. Couldn't care less about new very slightly different orbs, but theoretically being able to use fusions whenever I want without feeling penalized sounds great!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yeah I’ll give them that, it’s a great mix for champion mods and the orbs could be interesting.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

yeah, im largely ignoring budget warballs. they seem like something that may happen maybe while you are playing (and good if they do!), but are otherwise not a build-around. That's fine, sprinkle-on-top style artifacts should be the norm, because build defining artifacts go away making people redo their builds every season and that kinda feels bad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
poormind cells

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Want shoot gun not throw orb

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Truspeaker posted:

I gotta say I was extremely disappointed until I saw unstoppable fusion and now I am all the way in. Couldn't care less about new very slightly different orbs, but theoretically being able to use fusions whenever I want without feeling penalized sounds great!

Yeah nice to see that in there. I wish they'd have mods for every weapon type though and just rotate which are good against what champs.

Cheap heavy ammo scavenger will be fun though

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I like how they nerfed riptide against all champion options and then rebuffed it with the artifact so it'll be even better than it was before.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

haveblue posted:

poormind cells

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
My Imp Kickstart / Imp Under Pressure Iterative Loop says 'Hello'

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

I like how they nerfed riptide against all champion options and then rebuffed it with the artifact so it'll be even better than it was before.
How so? Wouldn't unstoppable fusion block it from countering overloads? Or are subclass verbs exempt from being overridden? Also, the nerf hurt it against Unstop and Barrier I thought, if the artifact mod synergizes, it only makes good against unstops again.

Also the artifact mod has the fun aspect of "aim down sights and wait for the stupid thing to activate" so it's still a nerf tbh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxyclean posted:

Also the artifact mod has the fun aspect of "aim down sights and wait for the stupid thing to activate" so it's still a nerf tbh.

This reminds me, how often does this actually work for you all, because more often than not I'll fire a shot, aim, wait for the shot on my handcannon, then nothing will happen

Same with scout rifles and overload, it's trace rifles or Thunderlord for me right now, it just straight up never loads anything in.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

How so? Wouldn't unstoppable fusion block it from countering overloads? Or are subclass verbs exempt from being overridden? Also, the nerf hurt it against Unstop and Barrier I thought, if the artifact mod synergizes, it only makes good against unstops again.

The overload effect is from the Stasis Slow from Chill Clip not a weapon property directly so i'd assume still applies - but also Bungie so uh, we'll see.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Chill Clip Riptide with Unstoppable Fusion Rifle will stun both Overloads and Unstoppables in one shot. It's not the bolts of Riptide stunning the Overload, it's the fact that those bolts apply Slow. This will also happen with Voltshot. A weapon with Anti-Barrier rounds and Voltshot active will both stun Overloads and break Barriers.

But Unraveling Rounds, Volatile Rounds or Radiant will not co-exist with or override any anti-Champion effects on a weapon. So if you, say, put Unraveling Rounds on a Strand Machine Gun while you have Overload Machine Gun active, it will only stun Overloads, the Unraveling Rounds just won't do anything to Barriers.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

MJeff posted:

Chill Clip Riptide with Unstoppable Fusion Rifle will stun both Overloads and Unstoppables in one shot. It's not the bolts of Riptide stunning the Overload, it's the fact that those bolts apply Slow. This will also happen with Voltshot. A weapon with Anti-Barrier rounds and Voltshot active will both stun Overloads and break Barriers.

But Unraveling Rounds, Volatile Rounds or Radiant will not co-exist with or override any anti-Champion effects on a weapon. So if you, say, put Unraveling Rounds on a Strand Machine Gun while you have Overload Machine Gun active, it will only stun Overloads, the Unraveling Rounds just won't do anything to Barriers.

this sums up modern destiny pretty well I think

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbMNAiCOZJQ
Really interesting video where he does damage testing with rockets since they're so strong right now. The ~meta~ is using damage perks that affect wolfpack rounds so Lasting Impression and Explosive light are not preffered since they don't affect wolfpack. They are outperformed (in order) by Golden Tricorn, Surrounded, BnS, Frenzy, Vorpal. The first two have difficult activation requirements, BnS is easy to activate and affects all wolfpack rounds while frenzy and vorpal are easier to activate but do less damage than BnS.

Interestingly enough non-optimized Rockets with wolfpack outperform literally every other non-optimized dps option. A blue rocket in a well with Wolfpack outperforms most other damage exotics and wolfpack is so so good.

e: Idk if impact casing matters or not, I didnt hear him mention it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Barrier Champions randomly not activating their barriers so you're just standing there with your anti-barrier weapon out while they keep attacking you complete for free I think is probably the most insane, aggravating, inexplicable behavior in the entire game. Bonus points when it's a servitor and it's making other enemies immune so they can attack you for free too.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Hard to believe Gally is the best option. Who could have seen that coming? Absolutely unprecedented situation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waroduce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbMNAiCOZJQ
Really interesting video where he does damage testing with rockets since they're so strong right now. The ~meta~ is using damage perks that affect wolfpack rounds so Lasting Impression and Explosive light are not preffered since they don't affect wolfpack. They are outperformed (in order) by Golden Tricorn, Surrounded, BnS, Frenzy, Vorpal. The first two have difficult activation requirements, BnS is easy to activate and affects all wolfpack rounds while frenzy and vorpal are easier to activate but do less damage than BnS.

Interestingly enough non-optimized Rockets with wolfpack outperform literally every other non-optimized dps option. A blue rocket in a well with Wolfpack outperforms most other damage exotics and wolfpack is so so good.

e: Idk if impact casing matters or not, I didnt hear him mention it

Companion piece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwzrdv0L2bI

This has to be Nezarec's final and most thorough humiliation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

If you're wondering if it was worth it, don't.

3 cores, 1 prism.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

That post reminded me to give K1 Master a shot to see what the fuss was about since a couple of my friends were bitching about it.

I didn't realize I was 15 Light under until after the fact. Whoops. Guess that's why the Ogres were killing me near-instantly. Still, got it done. Not too bad.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was able to get it down to 10 minutes at 11 levels under and I don't see much point in trying to do more than that. Seems totally not worth it to try and farm.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm one of those freaks who thinks farming is bad and unnecessary, so IMO everything is not worth trying to farm.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
In today's K1 Crew Quarters there's a bit of cheese where once you're past a certain point (just after killing the first barrier servitor in my run) you can backtrack, climb on top of the entry pipe, and snipe the boss and jump over to get the chest. It's a tricky jump since you're near the invisible ceiling, but a hunter triple jump from an alcove just above the pipe junk was fairly reliable for me.

Not great for farming, since you skip some champions, but it made getting solo flawless master a ton easier. Otherwise there's a spot where a barrier servitor is protecting an overload captain, and then assaulting the boss room from the front is just a nightmare.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I simply don't do the moon ones because they all suck rear end.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I honestly just avoid LLS because the drop rate is so low and the number of exotics in the game is so high!

I'll farm up a Postmaster Exotic in the last week of a season more often than not but I definitely don't Grind em for the sake of it since the expected number of Specific Exotic per 10 hours is like... 0.69

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've gotten an exotic first try on all but one LLS, which took three

gently caress unstoppable ogres and barrier servitors

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Even if the exotic drop rate sucks rear end, LLS is still the best source of prisms (and thus, shards) in the game that you can do solo.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I simply don't do the moon ones because they all suck rear end.

That rear end came from the moon!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Today's LLS doesn't have any important enemies floating off in the air, so Vesper/Acrius Warlock is very viable and very funny.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I honestly just avoid LLS because the drop rate is so low and the number of exotics in the game is so high!

I just did a LLS because I needed to do one for the seasonal challenge. :shrug: Plus it was a nice way to get the Champion Stuns I needed for that too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kith posted:

I just did a LLS because I needed to do one for the seasonal challenge. :shrug: Plus it was a nice way to get the Champion Stuns I needed for that too.

Oh yeah, sometimes you have to do a LLS when you've got a seasonal challenge to do a LLS. I just mean the math doesn't math quite right on grinding them in hopes of a good roll on a specific exotic

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
With the changes to exotic focusing and the availability of engrams imo there's no reason to repeatedly grind a lost sector other than masochism. It's way easier to get better exotic rolls now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Until there's an easier, more sustainable way to get Ciphers, I can't fully get behind focusing as it exists now. Also, you still need the shards for focusing. And LLS is, imo, the best way to get them.

I agree that the exotic pool is too deep and the drops aren't deterministic enough. Xur, LLS and exotic focusing could all stand to be touched up and unified into a more holistic loop, in my opinion!!!!!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Did they ever fix the 'unlock new exotics" part of vex strike force?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yes, at some point. It can drop the newly introduced ones

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

hiddenriverninja posted:

Yes, and there is a bot that detects when a strike force is up. we pipe it into the overchill discord, but if you can pipe it into your discord too.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Some words got datamined off the bungie site related to the upcoming reveal. If you are the kind that avoids spoilers, best start avoiding them.

If you aren't, here are the words. Note, there is no other context to this other than these words since only the section header meta tags got found:

- "Supers"
- "Episodes"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A non-leak, officially sanctioned teaser of tomorrow's season:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1693669302698664139