Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Tigey posted:

What a waste. You could have used that money to make a real difference in the world, like buying dozens of avatars to own your posting enemies with
Just imagine if this thread had AI generated Sith Lord Hunter Biden avatars to complement the Hillary ones. Missed opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Sashimi posted:

Just imagine if this thread had AI generated Sith Lord Hunter Biden avatars to complement the Hillary ones. Missed opportunity.

AI can't properly quantify "The Hog"

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1692516740737958343

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Looks to me like Ramasawmy is a real piece of poo poo also.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Jackdaw Zero posted:

Just a lurker, but I thought I might as well give a little gift in honour of the Great Hillening.

:unsmith:

I did some rough ballpark figures regarding how much I've donated to Ukraine's efforts (across various means and charities, etc.) since that slaphead piggy eyed Soviet-dreamer monke Kremlin dipshit twat started all this.

I ain't saying how much (because I don't have an exact figure), but without hesitation I'll happily fuckin' do it all over again over the next 18 months. Слава Україні!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lol I don't know what Ramaswamy thinks he's playing at. I don't believe he's dumb enough to fail to grasp that he's a brown Indian Hindu candidate in the GOP.

Putin must be paying pretty well lol

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

lol wow that dude is a moron

"freeze the current lines which may leave part of the Donbas in Russia's hands", like is he unaware where the current lines even are???

and russia's "hypersonic missile capability" like what? patriots were knocking them out of the sky...

"naval capacity in China ahead of ours" what??? china's navy is nowhere close the US navy

The greatest threat is a Chinese - Russian alliance so he wants to uh...beef up the alliance by giving Ukraine to Russia and I guess give Taiwan to China as well...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

lmao American exceptionalism is a drug

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI

HonorableTB posted:

Lol I don't know what Ramaswamy thinks he's playing at. I don't believe he's dumb enough to fail to grasp that he's a brown Indian Hindu candidate in the GOP.

Putin must be paying pretty well lol
He's just saying whatever will get the most clicks, his campaign is a pyramid scheme and everyone but trump is auditioning to be Trump's VP

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
he's counting the fishing boats

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

tankie like "hmmm I might just vote for this guy"

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Dude on national television: my goal is to weaken both of these countries to make us stronk

*lands in Moscow* VOVA MY FRIEND I'VE COME TO FREE YOU FROM CHINA

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
im drinking Ukrainian beer and it's a lot stronger than it seemed

Putin is a real piece of poo poo for trying to eradicate this

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Oil companies own US politicians but I guess I didn't realize it was russian oil companies too

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Rusdia has been backing fringe candidates for a while, so even if he isn't one of theirs directly that's how a lot of them end up sounding.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Scarodactyl posted:

Rusdia has been backing fringe candidates for a while, so even if he isn't one of theirs directly that's how a lot of them end up sounding.

Jill Stein was one lol

In other news, Lukashenka admits Russian troops invaded Ukraine through Belarus in 2022.

https://kyivindependent.com/lukashenko-admits-russian-troops-invaded-ukraine-through-belarus/

quote:

Belarusian dictator Alexander Lukashenko admitted that Russian forces had invaded Ukraine from the territory of Belarus in February 2022 in an interview with a pro-Kremlin presenter published on Aug. 17.

While Lukashenko claimed that "not a single Belarusian was involved," he said that some Russian troops entered Ukraine after the completion of "large-scale" training exercises in Belarus.

"The training ended, Russian troops began to withdraw from the territory of Belarus... They began to leave, and on Feb. 23, 24, part of these troops began to cross the border of Ukraine and Russia," Lukashenko said to the Ukrainian-born interviewer, Diana Panchenko.

When Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24, 2022, its forces started advancing from multiple fronts, including from the north, where Ukraine borders both Russia and Belarus. From up north, Russian forces were moving toward Kyiv in a bid to capture the Ukrainian capital only to suffer a defeat in late March.

Though Belarus hasn't officially joined Russia's war, Moscow has used Belarusian territory to launch missiles and drones at Ukraine, as well as trained its troops there.

Panchenko used to be a presenter for the now-banned Ukrainian channel NewsOne, a pro-Russian channel owned by Viktor Medvedchuk, the ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin. Panchenko regularly spreads Kremlin narratives about the invasion of Ukraine on her social media channels.

Medvedchuk was a co-leader of the Opposition Platform-For Life, a pro-Kremlin party that was banned in March 2022.

He was charged with high treason and placed under house arrest in 2021. Medvedchuk fled after Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24 and was re-arrested in April.

In September, he was handed over to Russia as part of a prisoner exchange.

Breaking news! Lukashenka admits sky is, in fact, blue!

Yeah, we already knew that. We saw it.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Sky is blue and no clouds participate in it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HonorableTB posted:

Jill Stein was one lol

In other news, Lukashenka admits Russian troops invaded Ukraine through Belarus in 2022.

https://kyivindependent.com/lukashenko-admits-russian-troops-invaded-ukraine-through-belarus/

Breaking news! Lukashenka admits sky is, in fact, blue!

Yeah, we already knew that. We saw it.

Forget the words. Why the hell make this announcement

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

So there's a massive difference occurring in Ukrainian military strategy. It looks like night time attacks are being conducted every single day.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Forget the words. Why the hell make this announcement

I honestly have no idea how to even approach guessing Lukashenka's thought patterns beyond "he's Putin's toady" and "He's kind of a Saturday morning cartoon villain caricature". The thing to keep in mind is that Lukashenka's dictatorship extends about as far as the Belarusian military allows it to extend. I almost consider Belarus to be a military junta because Lukashenka does not have full control over the levers of state force; we've seen this demonstrated multiple times in recent years. He needed Putin's help in the last Belarusian elections where he rigged them too blatantly and the military wouldn't put down the protests, and again when he tried to order the Belarusian military to mobilize and they just kind of...ignored him, completely, and he dropped it and that started the whole chain of excuses to Putin

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HonorableTB posted:

I honestly have no idea how to even approach guessing Lukashenka's thought patterns beyond "he's Putin's toady" and "He's kind of a Saturday morning cartoon villain caricature". The thing to keep in mind is that Lukashenka's dictatorship extends about as far as the Belarusian military allows it to extend. I almost consider Belarus to be a military junta because Lukashenka does not have full control over the levers of state force; we've seen this demonstrated multiple times in recent years. He needed Putin's help in the last Belarusian elections where he rigged them too blatantly and the military wouldn't put down the protests, and again when he tried to order the Belarusian military to mobilize and they just kind of...ignored him, completely, and he dropped it and that started the whole chain of excuses to Putin

Yeah I see that as the perspective. It's just s9 weird to randomly announce "yeah my guys didn't do anything!! Don't blame me!!!

I don't know it would be like a Italy announcing that the Germans are the real bad guys and they had no part in the war in like 1944.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The battle for Tokmak has begun

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1692760383621042339?s=20

Tokmak is important because it is a logistics and supply hub for the local Russian resistance in Zaporizhzhia Oblast. Tokmak is also the last notable obstacle standing between Ukraine and the defenses of Melitopol.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Zoning the Russians and turning the front into islands all completely separate from each other.

Crimea is cut off from the rest of Russia.
Zapo/kherson has very few roads in not under fire control.
Berdyiansk burns daily.
Bakhmut is being encircled.
Kherson has a fourth front opening that can move to Crimea and creat islands.
Adviika stands tall against thousands of days of siege.

Islands are indefensible in this war

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 19, 2023

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Shoigu booting up his ancient russian military issue laptop's copy of OfficeXP to Ctrl/H "Tokmak" into his template report on why Xvillage fell wholly unexpectedly due to the CIA and Nato and Gay people and the appalling refereeing on display during the so called 1980 "miracle on ice".

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

So there's a massive difference occurring in Ukrainian military strategy. It looks like night time attacks are being conducted every single day.
Superior western equipment makes it possible to make night attacks even when its day.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

HonorableTB posted:

The battle for Tokmak has begun

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1692760383621042339?s=20

Tokmak is important because it is a logistics and supply hub for the local Russian resistance in Zaporizhzhia Oblast. Tokmak is also the last notable obstacle standing between Ukraine and the defenses of Melitopol.

I was under the impression Ukraine forces were close enough?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I was under the impression Ukraine forces were close enough?

from the map with all the triangles on it of ostensible Russian fortifications it looks like Soladka Balka still stands between Ukraine and Tokmak, but that's, you know, a map some people drew a bunch of triangles on, I have no idea how accurate it is. Whatever that tweet was it's gone :shrug:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, it's kind of a historical landmark, holy poo poo :stare:

I actually hope this *is* an accident, if only so I can sleep with sweet dreams of the Motherland Herself telling Putin and his regime that they're pieces of poo poo.

"You arrogant rear end, you've killed US!"

Strategic Tea posted:

Russian military not even FORKLIFT CERTIFIED, for shame

Is there a Russian version of Staplerfahrar Klaus?

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 19, 2023

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

The frontline is still 20 km from Tokmak. On the Robotyne axis, Ukraine has advanced about 5, maybe 6km since the start of the offensive. There is at least one major defensive line before Tokmak, plus the city itself is surrounded by defensive structures.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

bad_fmr posted:

Superior western equipment makes it possible to make night attacks even when its day.

Those new night vision headsets the US Army were testing basically looked like a cheat code

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1692822662471471156#m
Putin is a loving piece of poo poo. There are reports of multiple casualties already.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

HonorableTB posted:

This sounds like the groundwork to later claim plausible deniability and distance the nation from Moscow. Not a lot by any measure, but you don't shatter an alliance without a chip or two developing first.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Those new night vision headsets the US Army were testing basically looked like a cheat code

Yeah, night vision goggles with augmented reality. That's exactly how I saw it too, it was like some kind of cheat code by adding in the outlines to human silhouettes. I wouldn't be surprised in the future if the outlines will be green and red with integrated IFF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l29C1UuL7bo

They've kinda been around since 2004. But getting better all the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGwdmcBbtI Can own one for low low price of $7000.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Aug 19, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Update: 5 people were reported dead, and more than 40 injured.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1692832911924383977#m

And where were your crocodile tears when you razed so many other villages and towns to the ground? gently caress off and get out of Ukraine, "innocent journalist".

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
Sounds like an airfield near Nizhniynovgorod got hit by a drone, possibly destroying a Tu-22M3 bomber and causing the relocation of the remaining bombers up north, near Murmansk.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

a podcast for cats posted:

Sounds like an airfield near Nizhniynovgorod got hit by a drone, possibly destroying a Tu-22M3 bomber and causing the relocation of the remaining bombers up north, near Murmansk.

Two bombers were hit and possibly destroyed, according to telegram channels reporting the incident

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

zone posted:

Update: 5 people were reported dead, and more than 40 injured.

Really winning hearts and minds here

Also Ukraine apparently is the terrorist state!!!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1692842731322708024#m
Reports of the attack on the airbase are filtering out now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/1692852261133689081?s=20

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.