Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Farg posted:

hey there was a hog in this update. how many onscreen hogs have we actually had anyways

Not the one that counts :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Jagahog is all you need, but I'm sure that hog is there to balance out angelic nipples for equal representation.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

OPAONI posted:

Factotum/Pal Gog-Agog

More and more people are saying this

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Everyone, our new national leader

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's time for the triumphant return of KILL BOSS

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Actually on second thought it's entirely possible that it's Kill Boss's boss, Preem Vash.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My vote is for that giant baby from like chapter 2

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's the most logical choice to replace the biggest baby in the known universe with the second biggest.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
The baths are free on Throne? Bigly if true.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

TwoPair posted:

My vote is for that giant baby from like chapter 2

"What is your will, Factotum?"

"WAH."

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Not the one that counts :mad:

We had Jaggahog. Shadowed, but definitely there.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'll take a longshot bet: it's one of Solomon's faildescendants, who occupied some middle office back in the old days, and is trying to be moderate and bureaucratic about the transition to this bold new era, and therefore proved more popular than White Chain on the basis of presenting the illusion that a return to stability and business as usual was possible.

Clearly the factotum is an ally of White Chain rather than an enemy, because they keep her around in a position of authority and respect. But just as clearly a complicated one.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Raposa posted:

The baths are free on Throne? Bigly if true.

Dead people aren't permitted entrance though, not a big fan of such mortalist business practices

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

I'll take a longshot bet: it's one of Solomon's faildescendants, who occupied some middle office back in the old days, and is trying to be moderate and bureaucratic about the transition to this bold new era, and therefore proved more popular than White Chain on the basis of presenting the illusion that a return to stability and business as usual was possible.

Clearly the factotum is an ally of White Chain rather than an enemy, because they keep her around in a position of authority and respect. But just as clearly a complicated one.

In this case it'd likely be one so distant that they didn't even get invited to the tournament, as all those prime failsons presumably got incinerated

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lol I wondered why I didn't see an update, turns out I'd accidentally removed my bookmark.

Bongo Bill posted:

"The Factotum isn't me Allison. It's my good friend Boe Jiden."

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

RocketMermaid posted:

"What is your will, Factotum?"

"WAH."

Gonna need somebody to give Hrotomos a big ole Wario mustache.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Bongo Bill posted:

It's all the failsons, embroiled in a relatively tame physical struggle, and whoever gets their face out the door long enough gets to shout some orders. White Chain volunteered to be the interpreter, like Jadis had her high priest.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tragicomedy answer: We were introduced to the Factotum two pages ago and Allison's already hosed up the republic.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the factotum is that guy who was impressed with white chain's moves. he was just appointed so be nice to him

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

maswastaken posted:

Tragicomedy answer: We were introduced to the Factotum two pages ago and Allison's already hosed up the republic.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The factotum is just some Italian barber

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bongo Bill posted:

I don't know about "ally" per se, I could see there being a fairly hefty amount of "I know you could squash me like a fly but I'm relying on your preexisting respect for authority to do the lifting of making sure you don't no matter how much of a prick I am" from a failson politician, and WC going along with it because this authority is a democratically elected one and thus "the will of the people".

She was about to throw down with allison for the crimes of "line cutting" and "attempting to enter a building after business hours" so it's an open question still how much authority she has or if she's building security with an office who follows the war progress in her spare time, too

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 19, 2023

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The factotum is 10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

It's a half dozen of Solomon's failsons sharing one of Dad's togas. A half dozen at a time; there's a lot more than that on a weekly rotation.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Zaid is Factotum after kicking each of the sons asses individually and being the closest thing to a real son Dave ever had

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Gnome de plume posted:

Dead people aren't permitted entrance though, not a big fan of such mortalist business practices

You know, I was wondering the other day. Jadis says there's no afterlife for Allison (or arguably that she dissolves and returns to the Warm Black Flame and loses her identity more permanently than when devils do), but we have a bunch of undead hanging around Throne. How do they work, metaphysically, if human souls objectively do not persist after death?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
pretty sure they’re reanimated corpses with a minimum of intelligence. their scant appearances and the description of the ghost market make them sound like poorly made windup toys

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's like Dark Souls and that only happens if you don't bear seek seek lest, until you learn everyone does that, then you simply decide not to

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Angry Lobster posted:

The factotum is 10 Vigilant Gaze Purges the Horizon.

I don't know, White Chain's expression in the last panel seems kinda like "ehhhh you're not gonna like this" and 10 VG is a cool dude

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Did any characters on the Rayuba side of the big fan submission war survive, and if so were any of them remotely the sort of character that might wind up in a leadership position? Having them show up as the factotum might be an interesting way to introduce one or more of those characters into the comic itself.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Google Jeb Bush posted:

You know, I was wondering the other day. Jadis says there's no afterlife for Allison (or arguably that she dissolves and returns to the Warm Black Flame and loses her identity more permanently than when devils do), but we have a bunch of undead hanging around Throne. How do they work, metaphysically, if human souls objectively do not persist after death?

The hardware breaks down, the software becomes corrupted, but in-between them, the firmware persists. The film between the essence and its vessel. Muscle memory persisting beyond muscle and memory.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I thought the Factorum would be Nyave. She has the education, it would tie into Solomon’s daughter/son issues, her own ascendence from someone intended to be sacrificed to a world-devouring queen to someone who’s a world-saving queen replacing a demiurge’s corrupt system, and it would show a change from the might = right rulership.

I don’t feel like it’ll be anyone with strong kung-fu, I feel it’ll be White Chain protecting a system, or person, that needs people who can defend it with the sword but isn’t ruling by the sword.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Don't forget that they're letting in too many refugees.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Oh yeah it's almost certainly Nyave, we're just coming up with Scenarios

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

Oh yeah it's almost certainly Nyave, we're just coming up with Scenarios

Yeah even not factoring in who's a likely candidate or not, this seems to be the part of the comic where Allison is reuniting with all her companions one by one. So this is likely to continue that trend.

So it being someone Allison knows well seems very likely if that's the case. And unless Princess suddenly developed some political acumen (good for them if so), Nyave is probably the only option that makes sense. VG is cool and all but he's more in White chain's circle than Allison's, so it doesn't seem likely to be him. But I wouldn't be surprised if we get to see what he's doing eventually, assuming he's stuck around.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's actually Cio, totally fine

Whatever Allison just scared off is remains an unsolved mystery

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Sorta seems like a bad omen if the very first person democratically elected national leader is named Princess

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

RBA Starblade posted:

It's actually Cio, totally fine

Whatever Allison just scared off is remains an unsolved mystery

They just wanted to sell some thin mints for their demon badge

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

IMJack posted:

It's a half dozen of Solomon's failsons sharing one of Dad's togas. A half dozen at a time; there's a lot more than that on a weekly rotation.

They're all sitting on eachother's shoulders. It was a typo, they're actually a factotem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Nyave would make sense but the Factotum not being an ally of Allison would be more dramatically impactful as a source of conflict. Could go either way.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I guess it's possible that undeath means your soul keeps hanging around for longer, not that you're brought back. Probably not a pleasant condition.