Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmfao

Keep on honkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
Out of curiosity, what is the goosefleet ratio of cool space friends to guys like this:

quote:

LOL, Who are you exactly and why are you so mad in a space game? Nevermind, I don’t really care on the 1st question and the 2nd part is rhetorical. I’ll be sieged up in my Vargur in various systems or running sites in a Strat or possibly hunting in a T3C. I have a few other ships that need some kill marks since my alt does all of my killing. So whoever you are. be sure to drop a HONK in system. Oh, and since pods don’t count, make sure you’re in a clean one. :smirk:
HONK mutha ef’n HONK

- ZKT

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

That is Zulu King who is in a pub corp in Geese. His posting is low grade and while he has the :justpost: part down we are going to have to work on quality and delivery.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I honked at a goose, did not get a honk back

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

raminasi posted:

Out of curiosity, what is the goosefleet ratio of cool space friends to guys like this:

that is some pubbie rear end posting if ever i done seen it

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Elukka posted:

I don't know what Delta sqad is but I was reading some old Eve chronicles and thought of the thread title, is this accurate, confirm/deny

Tuzy is my Titan character. I do not normally log into him, hardly ever. Random alliance members who don't understand Tuzy isnt my main and aren't as familiar with Jabber send EveMails to Tuzy when they need help with something related to GSOL. For the last 6 months, as Delta squad has kept up their non-stop spamming of GoonWaffe corp mail, something that hadn't been allowed within the corp, for years, it has caused me to not be able to use the login screen anymore to see if I had any mail.You see, hardly anyone would ever send evemail to Tuzy, but occasionally, like once or twice a month, someone would. I would then log in Tuzy, and respond, edcuating the person it was better to send me a forums PM or jabber PM if they needed me.However, Delta dumb gimmick has made the "Evemail on the login screen" function effectivley useless to me and I have to now log Tuzy in every day just to clear a bunch of loving useless mail. Its infurtiating. Can you guys please find some other stupid gimmick to occupy your time and stop creating more work for me, who already has too many loving things to do?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Delta Sqad won both Beeitnam and the subsequent Posting War

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
you don’t hef to be mad
you only hef to honk

:honk:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

raminasi posted:

motherfucker even signed his post

he has so much to learn

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

BigPaddy posted:

That is Zulu King who is in a pub corp in Geese. His posting is low grade and while he has the :justpost: part down we are going to have to work on quality and delivery.

we're going to need a How 2 Post Gud session for the pubcorps

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

why did geese add pubcorps, have you learned nothing from goonfleet? :negative:

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
space gets lonely sometimes ok

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Tuzy is my Titan character. I do not normally log into him, hardly ever. Random alliance members who don't understand Tuzy isnt my main and aren't as familiar with Jabber send EveMails to Tuzy when they need help with something related to GSOL. For the last 6 months, as Delta squad has kept up their non-stop spamming of GoonWaffe corp mail, something that hadn't been allowed within the corp, for years, it has caused me to not be able to use the login screen anymore to see if I had any mail.You see, hardly anyone would ever send evemail to Tuzy, but occasionally, like once or twice a month, someone would. I would then log in Tuzy, and respond, edcuating the person it was better to send me a forums PM or jabber PM if they needed me.However, Delta dumb gimmick has made the "Evemail on the login screen" function effectivley useless to me and I have to now log Tuzy in every day just to clear a bunch of loving useless mail. Its infurtiating. Can you guys please find some other stupid gimmick to occupy your time and stop creating more work for me, who already has too many loving things to do?

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Fajita Queen posted:

Technically, we did learn from goonfleet.

When these corps have shitters, they eject the shitters, or we eject them.

And we have.

We also refuse to let them wallow in their own parallel universe and make them hang out with us and learn how to be less dumb, which helps a lot.

One of our biggest problems down this road is dealing with the individual people in third party corps who don't understand why we're helping them or asking them to participate and are suspicious because eve online.

But over time this has been improving.

So yeah I'd say we learned. :honk:

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

Fajita Queen posted:

geese at it's peak before we added membercorps was roughly 20. we can now form almost double that, and have capital support, and a vast logistics network, and and and.

we are stronger with homies than without.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
I just participated in something new tonight in my little Stork. We formed a fleet and shot up a Guristas Sotiyo. Biggest group of diamond rat NPCs I’ve ever seen, after which we got some loot for the corp (I don’t know if that loot is like a secret or something so I won’t say). We had some shitters try and bomb us, but I actually watched for them (on my Mining overview—-it was the cleanest tab and I was just anchored up/boosting, not targeting anyone) and shot down eight or nine of them with my Defender Missiles now that I figured out how it works!

Anybody wanna explain to me exactly what I spent two hours doing? I had a lot of fun and comms were pretty loose but I don’t know exactly why or how we figured out the Guristas were out like that. I’ve been playing for a year now, but a lot (most) of that time is in fleets so some PvE stuff is out of my wheelhouse.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

they drop faction mods, officer mods, cap and supercap BPCs. If you blapped the one in Catch that was the most recent to die, it dropped a Caiman (faction dread) BPC

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Fajita Queen posted:

A very limited # of pubcorps, admitted primarily on cultural compatibility and sticking to our mores.

We aren't ever seeking to be a sprawling behemoth like the Imperium so we can afford to individually vet corps before they join.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

windex posted:

Technically, we did learn from goonfleet.

And we have.

Please keep your coalition members next time, Skelton Crew is very persistent in trying to set up their tent city homeless encampment in the PC9 pocket in Syndi.

salartarium fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 17, 2023

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

salartarium posted:

Please keep your coalition members next time, Skelton Crew is very persistent in trying to set up their tent city homeless encampment in the PC9 pocket in Syndi.

:aaa:

windex posted:

And we have.

:cool:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

salartarium posted:

Nope they are your problem now.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Weird question, can you anchor mobile structures in ESS?

e: I mostly want to be rude with MTUs

Elukka fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 17, 2023

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Elukka posted:

I honked at a goose, did not get a honk back

A shameful goose indeed. I apologize for the difficulty and pain this no doubt caused:honk:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

they drop faction mods, officer mods, cap and supercap BPCs. If you blapped the one in Catch that was the most recent to die, it dropped a Caiman (faction dread) BPC

Ok, and yeah I had to look up the bpc for the ship that dropped. Seems pretty net (I can’t fly any dreads), but honestly didn’t know how “public” that info can be shared or, conversely, why it would matter to share! The whole thing didn’t really seem that difficult for the result either, besides the normal difficulty of herding Goons. Is this type of PvE under a certain “type” of encounter, a named interaction I can look up on Eve Uni/GoonWiki? Just curious as to how we ended up forming a fleet for the copy in the first place!

I really enjoy flying my Stork, too. I have it and a Boost Ferox for home defense, and with my skill level I was hitting 150+ pilots with my boosts (Sensor Optimization and Electronic Hardening last night). Our Logi did a fantastic as well.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

salartarium posted:

didn't know there were Red Skelton fans in eve

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

DerekSmartymans posted:

Ok, and yeah I had to look up the bpc for the ship that dropped. Seems pretty net (I can’t fly any dreads), but honestly didn’t know how “public” that info can be shared or, conversely, why it would matter to share! The whole thing didn’t really seem that difficult for the result either, besides the normal difficulty of herding Goons. Is this type of PvE under a certain “type” of encounter, a named interaction I can look up on Eve Uni/GoonWiki? Just curious as to how we ended up forming a fleet for the copy in the first place!

*AFAIK* NPC sotiyos have to be scanned down in space, but they're not a typical signature like a regular relic or data site, and I think you need to scan down NPC haulers to find it maybe? After that it's just like a FOB but with slightly better AI than normal diamond rats, hence sending in a fleet. Also the fleet acts as a deterrent in case someone comes in to ninja the loot

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

*AFAIK* NPC sotiyos have to be scanned down in space, but they're not a typical signature like a regular relic or data site, and I think you need to scan down NPC haulers to find it maybe? After that it's just like a FOB but with slightly better AI than normal diamond rats, hence sending in a fleet. Also the fleet acts as a deterrent in case someone comes in to ninja the loot

Ok, that makes sense with what I was doing. Also the fact that we were only killing diamond Guristas Kestrals, except for the FRT (I think? Sounded so in fleet chat) stealth bombers that didn’t kill anything and got deleted as an afterthought. I just was curious what type of “encounter” this was, that I can look up myself (like “Incursions” or Cosmic Signatures” that have very specific meanings and mechanics). Is it called a “FOB (I assume Forward Operating Base?)?” Is it found in The Agency somewhere? I simply don’t know what words to string together to do my own Google/EUni/Reddit searching 🫤, especially as I’m stuck bored on my iPad for the next few hours!

Appreciate any help; combat scanning NPC haulers in space to find this thing sounds fun and also like good practice!

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
There are only 2 ways to know about an NPC sotiyo existence AFAIK (tho I'm a low sec player, ymmv)

1. Be in system and see the diamond rats
1b. (Diamond rats attempt to RF your citadel ergo you know they are there)
2. If someone dies to a diamond rat on zkill everyone knows

The process of actually finding the Sotiyo also requires patience, the method I'm familiar with is you cloak on a diamond rat mining fleet, then when the diamond hauler comes and leaves it goes to the sotiyo, at which point you can scan it down

I believe there are groups that just hunt these things given the cap BPCs are highly valuable, to the point they will keep shooting the diamond haulers so no other groups can scan them down

I am guessing you've been told to keep the sotiyo quiet, due to the above complexities and high values involved. However once its dead its on zkill so public knowledge anyway

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

angry armadillo posted:

There are only 2 ways to know about an NPC sotiyo existence AFAIK (tho I'm a low sec player, ymmv)

1. Be in system and see the diamond rats
1b. (Diamond rats attempt to RF your citadel ergo you know they are there)
2. If someone dies to a diamond rat on zkill everyone knows

The process of actually finding the Sotiyo also requires patience, the method I'm familiar with is you cloak on a diamond rat mining fleet, then when the diamond hauler comes and leaves it goes to the sotiyo, at which point you can scan it down

I believe there are groups that just hunt these things given the cap BPCs are highly valuable, to the point they will keep shooting the diamond haulers so no other groups can scan them down

I am guessing you've been told to keep the sotiyo quiet, due to the above complexities and high values involved. However once its dead its on zkill so public knowledge anyway

Great, thank you. No idea this part of the game actually existed! As I do a lot of Explo in my Helios when it’s slow, this process sounds kinda fun!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

A very limited # of pubcorps, admitted primarily on cultural compatibility and sticking to our mores.

We aren't ever seeking to be a sprawling behemoth like the Imperium so we can afford to individually vet corps before they join.

That's pretty cool

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

DerekSmartymans posted:

Great, thank you. No idea this part of the game actually existed! As I do a lot of Explo in my Helios when it’s slow, this process sounds kinda fun!

it's EVE Online, so you already know that it won't be fun. In other news, I actually ran out of megacyte building cap components

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 19, 2023

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

So CCP sent me a cute little email with pics of my old guy and my alts and that made me take a look (also reminded me of the login names, which I wouldn't have remembered otherwise) and then I went and resubbed after 12 years away. My assets are a *mess*. I doubt I'll want to fly around hisec solo for any length of time - are the OP's recommendations for goonish corps still good? Anyone else doing interesting things?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Goosefleet and its member corps just took control of a handful of constellations in Catch with the help of the local alliances. We fully expect there to be a lot of hilarious fighting in the near future.

I’m not sure what GSF is up to these days but Goonwaffe is still a thing and under new management.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

New management mostly the same as the old management. Mittani turned out to be a person who women in his local area literally put out a notice on to be wary of, combined with his other antics this caused DANGEROUS SCHISMATICS in DELTA SQAD to leave and take most of the fun and cool people with them. Far as I know, most of the people in leadership of Goonwaffe are still the same as before.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Albinator posted:

So CCP sent me a cute little email with pics of my old guy and my alts and that made me take a look (also reminded me of the login names, which I wouldn't have remembered otherwise) and then I went and resubbed after 12 years away. My assets are a *mess*. I doubt I'll want to fly around hisec solo for any length of time - are the OP's recommendations for goonish corps still good? Anyone else doing interesting things?

As far as I know, yes, they are.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

quote is not edit

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

dragonshardz posted:

quote is not edit

D name poster alert.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
What in the gently caress

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

You know your crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

BigPaddy posted:

D name poster alert.

you shut your mouth.