Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Do I have to buy the Blu-Ray versions of Lost as separate seasons? Are there still no complete sets for the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I just watched I Do Not Care If We Go Down In History As Barbarians. Next Vinegar Syndrome sale, all y'all gotta put that in your carts. It's excellent.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

I actually was one of the few that liked this design, I see we’ve got a few others in the thread too. But gently caress, that Pulp Fiction steel book looks so dumb haha

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I don’t actually hate that design, I just think it’s minimalist to the point of being kinda funny. Also I didn’t realize it folded out, I don’t own it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gey muckle mowser posted:

I don’t actually hate that design, I just think it’s minimalist to the point of being kinda funny. Also I didn’t realize it folded out, I don’t own it.

Yeah if it didn’t fold out and was genuinely just a “K” I don’t think I’d like it as much as I do.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/klstudioclassic/status/1692914323201667303?s=46

Def buying this as soon as it’s available.

dorium fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 19, 2023

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

First Monk, now 70s Columbo! KL, you spoil me!

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

the question is, will all the episodes have that weird 30sec spoilerfest before they start

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
looks like amazon finally got stock for the VB movie, showing up Monday just shy of a month after release date. Might have an easier time grabbing this now for anyone else looking, I think the print run on this must have been insanely low.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The best part of those Columbo blus is they actually divided the series up the right way, meaning you can just buy the good episodes in the first set and ignore the revival episodes whenever they release those in a second set.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I have a bit of a soft spot for some of those revival ones because that’s what I saw as a kid before the 70’s one so I may have to grab that one too.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I love every single episode of Columbo including the ones where it seems like he's on painkillers or something and not really paying attention and half asleep.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Brexit the Frog posted:

the question is, will all the episodes have that weird 30sec spoilerfest before they start

I thought the entire point of Columbo is that you already know what went down before Columbo gets there, it's a key feature of the series.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
There's a 90's Columbo episode where he's getting owned for the whole episode by Dick Tremayne from Twin Peaks.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Started going through my Sensual World of Emmanuelle set this morning. I forgot what a downer the ending of the original Black Emmanuelle has.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Kino is very much the boomer bait boutique and I salute them for that.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

zer0spunk posted:

respect :hai:

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

zer0spunk posted:

Yeah, they put out the best stuff.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I respect them for also releasing some truly weird poo poo like Zachariah and Highway To Hell. Seriously, what possessed them to do the last one? This isn't a complaint; I love that I have a copy. It's just such an oddity to come out of a brand that has such a serious image. At least Zachariah you can argue has some interest by being a Western from the 70s. An almost-lost horror from the director of Drop Dead Fred featuring Gilbert Gottfried as Hitler is a much harder sell.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

I love that Kino keeps putting out silent films. I can't imagine they sell all that well outside of a couple hundred lunatics but I'm glad someone's doing it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ultraviolence123 posted:

Started going through my Sensual World of Emmanuelle set this morning. I forgot what a downer the ending of the original Black Emmanuelle has.

Lol I just watched Emanuelle in Bangkok and that one has a surprisingly ok up ending comparatively (2 is a very downer of an ending, worse than the first).

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

FrumpleOrz posted:

I love that Kino keeps putting out silent films. I can't imagine they sell all that well outside of a couple hundred lunatics but I'm glad someone's doing it.

I'm actually nervous about their caligari 4k since Nosferatu (BD) had framerate issues. Eureka has a really good 4k version, but they still haven't done a standard of that yet..though they most likely will so at least we'd have option 2.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I respect them for also releasing some truly weird poo poo like Zachariah and Highway To Hell. Seriously, what possessed them to do the last one? This isn't a complaint; I love that I have a copy. It's just such an oddity to come out of a brand that has such a serious image. At least Zachariah you can argue has some interest by being a Western from the 70s. An almost-lost horror from the director of Drop Dead Fred featuring Gilbert Gottfried as Hitler is a much harder sell.
I love Highway to Hell. The local ABC affiliate used to do a Saturday night double feature when I was in high school. They showed it as the second movie one night and I went in expecting nothing, but had a great time.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

zer0spunk posted:

I'm actually nervous about their caligari 4k since Nosferatu (BD) had framerate issues. Eureka has a really good 4k version, but they still haven't done a standard of that yet..though they most likely will so at least we'd have option 2.

Ah, that sucks. I never saw Kino's Nosferatu (I've got the Masters of Cinema BD) but the Kino standard blu-ray of Cabinet of Dr Caligari is pretty good. At least I didn't notice anything bad on it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

zer0spunk posted:

looks like amazon finally got stock for the VB movie, showing up Monday just shy of a month after release date. Might have an easier time grabbing this now for anyone else looking, I think the print run on this must have been insanely low.

I ordered that a week or so ago. I hope it has the slipcover and poster :(

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://twitter.com/disc_connected/status/1693111559692619900?s=46

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Holy poo poo

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

ohmygodohmygodohmygod :byodood:

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Hell yeah

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Okay well tell the rest of us why this is cool news.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Kingtheninja posted:

I would never empty quote but is this just another horror nerd thing or is there something there for me, a soft newborn baby?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's a great horror movie yeah

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
It's a great weird artsy zombie movie that is considered one of the last good Italian horror films before Berlusconi took over. It's had a tough time getting a US release. I remember Bill Lustig saying something about a weird holdup somewhere when he was running Anchor Bay's acquisitions. Apparently there's some rights issue somewhere, either with the current owners of the October Films distribution library (Universal?), or the Italian producers, or both. By the time Anchor Bay eventually released it on DVD in the US, which is now long OOP, the blu-ray format had already been launched. It never saw a US blu ray, so a 4K release is a big surprise.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Cemetery Man's the best 'cause it swings in every direction tonally but with the overall theme of the two hottest people making googoo eyes at each other.

:swoon:

Looks like it's fully up on YouTube if anyone wants to dip their toes in.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Cemetery Man is an Italian horror movie, one of those last few truly great horror movies that for whatever reason never got a proper Region 1 blu ray release. Like, not just some forgettable garbage unearthed to sell blu rays to horror nerds, Cemetery Man is a legitimately important film that was mostly passed over by the blu ray era. There was an Italian import I think you could get if you had a region free player.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I'm intrigued. Not familiar with Severin, what are the chances it'll be a UHD/Blu-ray combo?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

High. I can’t think of a UHD that didn’t come with a blu ray from severin. at least from what I have.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Iirc Scorsese says that Cemetary Man is one of the best films of all time

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kingtheninja posted:

Until 2010, it was the closest thing to a Dylan Dog movie. It doesn't have many other redeeming features beside being competently written.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

More surprise titles revealed at Severin's pop-up event:

The Spider Labyrinth
Stir
The Unscarred
Sobrenatural

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 20, 2023