Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

He's not wrong. When Puccia says anything, they always do the opposite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Isn't that the same dipshit who wants to raise the voting age in the US to 25?
What an absolute fucknut.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The only appropriate change to the voting age is to cap it at 60. Retirees have no stake in the future.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

zone posted:

He's not wrong. When Puccia says anything, they always do the opposite thing.
So most likely they'll press gang a whole bunch of people at the start of mud season and get them "trained" over the autumn and winter, just in time to spend spring either sitting in a trench with an AK or being wasted on useless counteroffensives that Russia has no capacity to carry out.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I love the smell of new mobilization in the morning

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/IikkaKorhonen/status/1692488255277502620
You are poor! Point and laugh at the poverty stricken would-be empire.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

HonorableTB posted:

The battle for Tokmak has begun

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1692760383621042339?s=20

Tokmak is important because it is a logistics and supply hub for the local Russian resistance in Zaporizhzhia Oblast. Tokmak is also the last notable obstacle standing between Ukraine and the defenses of Melitopol.

Is this in the direction of Tokmak, or directly north? I thought Ukraine still had to go through Russia's defense lines before they reached the city

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Is this in the direction of Tokmak, or directly north? I thought Ukraine still had to go through Russia's defense lines before they reached the city

Maybe it's closer shaping operations, artillery being able to hit further behind Tokmak etc.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
If you click the link many of your questions get answered!

This is supported by CBS reporting and is why I said the battle for Tokmak is underway.

https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-breaks-russia-first-line-133000751.html

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 19, 2023

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

HonorableTB posted:

This is supported by CBS reporting and is why I said the battle for Tokmak is underway.

I did click on the link, and the map still looks like they haven't broken through yet. What are the red diamonds supposed to represent

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Red diamonds on maps at that scale just represent general locations of Russian defenses. They are not meant to be a 1:1 scale nor would such a map of defenses ever make it to Twitter in the first place. The only people who know where the defenses are and what they consist of are the people fighting there and the western intelligence agencies. Maps like these are meant to show things from a birds eye view; the way those diamonds get removed is by capturing the territory and you can do that by breaking through one section of a defensive line. Consider the maps at Bakhmut - those were the type of granularity that would give you much closer approximations of defenses, units and where they are. Bakhmut was a battle measured in meters across a single city, this is a front wide counteroffensive where that isn't necessary or needed for most maps in this front.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 19, 2023

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I noted you didn't say Puccian higher ups

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

Weird. Twitter just kept saying "something went wrong, try reloading" and nitter couldn't load it either. :shrug:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tiaz posted:

Weird. Twitter just kept saying "something went wrong, try reloading" and nitter couldn't load it either. :shrug:

It's just Musky randomly turning off servers, don't worry about it

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

tiaz posted:

Elon broke embeds by the link in the app changing from Twitter.com to X.com and all the embed code looks for is Twitter so it breaks. Anyone posting tweets should screenshot them til it's fixed (including myself)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

gently caress twitter tho

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Willo567 posted:

I did click on the link, and the map still looks like they haven't broken through yet. What are the red diamonds supposed to represent

They represent forces concentrations, that screenshot is from deepstatemap.live and it has a legend which is which. You can click each icon to see which unit it is like the such-and-such separate motorized rifles brigade

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
It sounds like they broke through the Surovkin line and are now dealing with Tokmak's own defenses.

Is that right?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

gently caress twitter tho

Yeah Twitter sucks but I'm not sure how people can produce news and poo poo in here without it unless you feel like signing up for and installing telegram. Which also doesn't have embed support here and won't have it as I've already asked.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Nothing has to be embedded if you just quote what it says and cite the source.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The X-man cometh posted:

It sounds like they broke through the Surovkin line and are now dealing with Tokmak's own defenses.

Is that right?

Sounds like it but I'd be very skeptical because from all the regular daily reports it seems they've only just reached or possibly just breached the first main defense line below robotyne.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Ukraine sent a drone to the moon and hit Russia's spacecraft. Yet another provocation.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Russia launched a missile at a theater in Chernihiv during the busiest time of day. Seven killed, 117 injured. Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/19/russian-strike-on-chernihiv-ukraine

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

the popes toes posted:

Ukraine sent a drone to the moon and hit Russia's spacecraft. Yet another provocation.

Rogozin got his balls arty'd off, so now I guess it's Yury Borisov's turn?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

Yeah Twitter sucks but I'm not sure how people can produce news and poo poo in here without it unless you feel like signing up for and installing telegram. Which also doesn't have embed support here and won't have it as I've already asked.

I get it but it just sucks so hard now

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

Rogozin got his balls arty'd off, so now I guess it's Yury Borisov's turn?

I figured it was probably a 75% chance that it was going to flatten itself on impact.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lol that Russia can't land a simple lunar lander any more despite the USSR being the leader in pretty much every space milestone except for landing people on the moon

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

lol that Russia can't land a simple lunar lander any more despite the USSR being the leader in pretty much every space milestone except for landing people on the moon

Landing on things is really tough. I know this from hours howling in anguish at Kerbal Space program because I landed perfectly, but on a steep enough slope that my lander has fallen over.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

Maybe it got bonked on the way there :ssh:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe it got bonked on the way there :ssh:

Perfidious west made the lander gay

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Cthulu Carl posted:

Landing on things is really tough. I know this from hours howling in anguish at Kerbal Space program because I landed perfectly, but on a steep enough slope that my lander has fallen over.

The solution to this is of course more solid rocket boosters

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/AdmTonyRadakin_/status/1692586287453118533

Aww, buddies.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Terrorist Guzenko is none too happy these days.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone posted:

Terrorist Guzenko is none too happy these days.

cover my rear end, beloved daddy

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

HonorableTB posted:

Every time Musk blathers on about Starship my immediate thought is "How many engines did the N1 have? And how did that turn out for it?"

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Willo567 posted:

They denote hostile units in NATO joint military symbology.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Tomak and Zelenskyy at Melitopol.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
There's some good imagery of Tokmak today from Sentinel-2 on EOS.com. Lots of things on fire:

Just Northwest of the old TokMak airbase
East of Tokmak near Skelyuvate
Basically the whole of Novoprokopivka just south of Robotnye
Several big fires up at Orikhiv.

(You can see the solar panels at tokmak airbase in the bottom left of this pic for orientation)
So it looks like the town is within fires range but who knows if Ukraine are knocking on the door yet. There's a huge wall of fortifications between Nove and Tokmak.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1693033766178996719
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1693033770473955481
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1693033775477768629

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

More blood for the blood god :) -Putin