Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

ad090 posted:

AITA for splitting with my wife after she aborted our baby after things a psychic said?

drat, that kid must have had some really bad vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Fil5000 posted:

In English pubs they're pretty standard, you don't find many without one.

They were. They were banned I think about 20 years ago now?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

nah you can definitely smoke outdoors in most places. the bar I worked at last year had an outdoor smoking area

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Just like working in finance, being a smoker automatically makes you the rear end in a top hat.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

DrManiac posted:

[spoiler] Lol that psychic is a menace.

I wonder if he has legal grounds to sue the psychic ?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

nah you can definitely smoke outdoors in most places. the bar I worked at last year had an outdoor smoking area

I misread, I thought it was indoors.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Josef bugman posted:

They were. They were banned I think about 20 years ago now?

Yeah to be clear I meant outside.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

quantumwell posted:

Unless he can get it in writing that the psychic doesn’t believe their own bullshit, probably not.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

quantumwell posted:

Most psychics have a "this is for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer, so who knows.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The outcome was pretty entertaining, I'll give them that

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Does it mean I'm gay if I'd give a guy a blowjob for $1 million? My girlfriend thinks so and might break up with me.

quote:

I've been dating my girlfriend for just under a year. Things have been going great and I felt like we were still getting closer every day until this situation popped up.

A few days ago, my girlfriend and I were at a party with friends, and there was a new guy there. He seemed charming and nice but when the topic of women came up, he said it's been years since he had any "luck" and he was going a little crazy. The conversation moved on and that was the end of that topic.

Last night in bed, I was talking with my girlfriend before bed and we started to discuss the party. The new guy comes up and we agree he seemed cool and we were both surprised he was having a hard time with women. I mentioned his comment about it being years since being with anyone and said I bet he's going nuts. My girlfriend laughed and said that maybe one of her friends would give him a pity blowjob. I pointed out that at the party he said he loves the movie Amélie (her favorite movie ever - I like it too), so maybe that was worth a blowjob. That probably sounds weird to people reading this, but it was a joking conversation and along the lines of how we make fun of each other - she laughed.

Anyway, she said he was cute in a way, but not her type. She "wouldn't blow him for a million dollars." I thought this was extreme and said if she wouldn't do it for a million bucks, I certainly would. Hell, money is money and it would just be a few minutes probably. I was laughing, but now she wasn't. She stared at me and asked if I was serious. I said yes - that's a life changing amount of money for something people do every day.

She sat up and said said that nobody who is straight would do that for any amount of money. She asked if I was gay. I said no. She asked if I would give her brother a blowjob for a million dollars and I said probably. She got angry and went to sleep.

I thought that was the end of it but this morning she told me she didn't want me to be at her place today and she needed time to think. She said she saw a future with me but is worried that I would eventually leave her for a man after years of lying to myself. I tried to convince her that my response was normal, but she wasn't having it. I texted my friend and asked if he would give me a blowjob for a million dollars. He replied "only if I don't have to give you any money." My girlfriend said he's probably gay too and it makes sense that you hang out with him.

So now I'm home and maybe girlfriend-less. So, once and for all: is it gay to give a bj for $1,000,000?

EDIT: Not that it really matters, but I do think the guy is super cute and I probably would do it for free too. But that didn't come up when we talked.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

DrManiac posted:

Most psychics have a "this is for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer, so who knows.

I mean in today's political climate (I know this took place a while ago) it would be a slam dunk case depending on what state they lived in.

edit: million dollar blowjob? drat, I'm a lesbian and would do it for half that as long as it was tax free.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

I'd do it for free if it would piss off that guy's homophobic girlfriend

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for shutting the door in my sister's face after she gave her daughter the same name as my stillborn daughter?

quote:

Four years ago I (30f) lost my daughter Rosie through a stillbirth. It was a huge shock because I went into labor thinking we were going to have a healthy little girl at the end but she never even took a breath. My husband and I were reeling from the shock. Nobody was sure why it happened either. We'd announced to people that I had gone to give birth and then we had to notify people that she was gone. I don't remember much from the weeks that followed. I got so depressed I spent some time in the hospital after my husband grew so concerned about me.

Last year I gave birth to our son and his arrival was a real turning point for me. I had done all the therapy and healing I could. But having my son helped in a way nothing else could.

My family were always aware of this. Everyone knew Rosie's name. We'd announced her name at my baby shower and it was engraved on her urn.

My sister announced her pregnancy in February and I was so excited for her. When she said she was having a girl she seemed to take that I might struggle hearing that. But I was honestly so happy for her. She never mentioned the name. I never asked. I have always believed something like that is up for the parents to reveal in their own time.

My niece was born three weeks ago. My sister posted the announcement of her arrival with her name. Rosemary "Rosie". In her post she declared that baby Rosie would go by Rosie but they had given her a substantial name because they cared about their daughter's future and how they did not want to stick her with a juvenile nickname as her given name. I read through the whole post in so much shock that I had to read it two more times and I needed to get my husband to read it to see if he read it the same way I did. The post read as being so condescending toward my husband and I. The way she dissed the name Rosie as a full name while also using it, and never even gave me a heads up about it. The post received so much backlash that my sister took it down. Our brother told her she was a loving bitch and to get rid of the post before my husband or I saw it.

I did not acknowledge any of it was happening. I did not reach out to my sister and did not reply to texts from her. But I did talk to our brother and I told him I had seen the post and so had my husband. That we read it several times between us before it was removed.

My sister came by my house on Wednesday. She did not call or text ahead of time. She just showed up and wanted to talk. I told her I had nothing to say to her and shut the door in her face. She rang our doorbell and knocked several times before giving up. She sent me messages afterward saying I needed to act like an adult and talk to her and that shutting the door in her face made me a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat.

AITA?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Anyone who wouldn't suck a dick for a million bucks is either way too insecure or already a multi-millionaire. Either way, not the kind of person I'd want to hang out with.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

ad090 posted:

Does it mean I'm gay if I'd give a guy a blowjob for $1 million? My girlfriend thinks so and might break up with me.

I like how she immediately jumps to OP being gay, and not bi, or gay for pay.

As the phrase goes "a million bucks is a million bucks"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Just the one dick for a million? drat son, I’d call that a bargain. gently caress, I’d be asking if I’d get another million if I gave him another blowie.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Billions of people every day do poo poo they don't enjoy in exchange for payment

I'd rather do a sex act I'm disgusted by than clean diarrhea out of a 110° portapotty, and I did the second one for minimum wage

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

^^Well yeah, that's because portopotties aren't part of the sinister gay cabal, obviously

Donkringel posted:

Yeah, especially in this economy. Nowadays you'd be lucky to get $1 for sucking a million dicks.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Cerekk posted:

Billions of people every day do poo poo they don't enjoy in exchange for payment

I'd rather do a sex act I'm disgusted by than clean diarrhea out of a 110° portapotty, and I did the second one for minimum wage

Because of your crazy moon units, I initially parsed 110° as the arc of the mess, or possibly how far the portapotty span :shrek:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

edit: million dollar blowjob? drat, I'm a lesbian and would do it for half that as long as it was tax free.
Same and same. Like, that's not "never have to work again" money, but it is "my entire family is now debt free with a healthy amount left over" money.

Donkringel posted:

Yeah, based on that note at the end of the post I'm going with "OP is probably slightly bi, GF is definitely extremely homophobic".

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

ad090 posted:

That friend with the clutch response.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Donkringel posted:

the edit is incredible and legit made me laugh out loud

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

ad090 posted:

INFO: Do you wipe your arse?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Modal Auxiliary posted:

^^Well yeah, that's because portopotties aren't part of the sinister gay cabal, obviously

What if cleaning a portopotty turned you into a portopotty

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Potpourri

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Potent Potables

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Dr. Stab posted:

Anyone who wouldn't suck a dick for a million bucks is either way too insecure or already a multi-millionaire. Either way, not the kind of person I'd want to hang out with.

On one hand yes, but also I don't think I'd suck Trump's dick for a million.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

well yeah, but by specifying a person you've made the dick non-fungible

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I want to be a psychic who just says horrifying poo poo to people.

"Okay, this card is the empress, meaning you will be taking on a nurturing role in the near future. And this next one is... Oh poo poo this Ancestral Recall! Dead are going to start climbing out of their Graves until they draw blood from three people! Oh GOD this next one is the FOUR OF CLUBS , it's too late

everyone's fuckin" dead now! Run home and shelter in place for two years! If you see anyone on the street they are actually dead and you need to slap 'em in the junk then run away!"

(gasp) What does the Draw 4 mean?!

*I roll my eyes as I flip over four more cards

Also, the million dollars is probably low effort. Unless he's spent the celibate years edging or something.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Cloacamazing! posted:

A while back in the Trumplol thread, I asked how much money it would take for someone to go down on Trump (to completion), with the stipulation that everyone in the world would know you did it.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I expect any single picture of Toad to be the diaper one now and am surprised when it's not.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You mean disappointed?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Cloacamazing! posted:

Like he'd pay up. You'd never see that cash.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
One dick for a million bucks, meanwhile us poor working stiffs at the factory are lucky to get a Christmas bonus.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

One dick for a million bucks, meanwhile us poor working stiffs at the factory are lucky to get a Christmas bonus.

The dick sucking factory? :raise:

Content:

AITA for taking away some of my son's privileges because he deliberately ate food he's allergic to?

quote:

So, I have four kids, the oldest a daughter (19) and three sons (15, 13, and 12). While my other kids are normal when it comes to food, my 13-year-old has two of the most hard to deal with allergies of all time: eggs and wheat. Luckily his symptoms are and always have been on the more mild end, but he still has bad reactions when he eats these foods. On a good day he'll have headaches and just feel sick, on bad days he'll straight up puke.

Because of this I do try to avoid these foods, but because eggs and wheat are in just about everything, and I already struggle with expenses as it is with trying to help pay for my daughter's college and feeding my other kids, I usually have to end up feeding him differently than the others (for example, his sandwiches are without bread/eggs, the others get dessert while he doesn't due to eggs/wheat being in most desserts, they have more cereals and snacks to choose from because he can only eat wheat-free varieties, etc. etc.).

I understand it's probably difficult for him watching his siblings snack on all types of different foods while he's relegated to specific things, but I try to balance it out by providing a lot of fruit, milk, juices, and wheat-free, egg-free alternatives when I can afford them.

The other day when I came home from work, I noticed he was having a hard time keeping down whatever it was he ate. He tried to hide it from me but it was bad enough to where I called him over and asked him what was wrong. He was a bit cagey but finally admitted he'd eaten a frozen pizza that was meant for his brothers. I gave him a scolding and told him he was denied his phone and computer for three days.

My son was of course irritated. He said he was just hungry, it wasn't that big of a deal, etc. etc. But I don't want him to get used to eating those foods, it's possible he could have had an emergency situation and I wouldn't have been around to help him. But when my wife came home from work and I told her the situation, she didn't agree with my punishment and thought it was too severe.

I'm curious to get a wider range of opinions now. AITA?

AITA for a failed trip to visit my long distance friend that had mutual feelings towards me?

quote:

Me (27) a friend with one girl (24) - call her M for past 5 years in LD friendship. The friendship was going on and off but we never actually were close. Mostly sending memes to each other and talk about games/computers. Before I start the story I think it's important to mention that I suffer with fear of abandonment, PTSD and emotional parentification.

In April we suddenly hit off by M being overly interested in me. M got very interested in my life and what I do, added me to every single social. We got very close and I got interested in M. I liked all the attention M gave me and I assumed that M likes me too. M was very nice, and I pretty much felt on a pedestal. Later on I found out from her she has a crush on me.

M had a trip planned to her friend for couple days in the end of July. Since trip to me was cancelled (visa issue) M extended her stay there and invited me over to see her because "I really want to see you" and "I will be with you all day long from the morning and we will hang out". I agreed to come and took days off my work just to see her.

It was a mess. I felt abandoned there, she got sick exactly on the same day I arrived and instead of resting, wasn't sleeping at nights (for her own reasons). Postponed our meetings for hours and I waited alone in the hotel. When we met during the day she looked very unhappy and tired and unwilling to talk to me first. I felt lonely and my abandonment triggers kicked in. I was very quiet and barely talked to her while she kept trying to have conversations with me. Her own panic attacks got triggered and she started to be mad at me and then apologizing, it felt like emotional roll coaster. I tried to be respectful because she seemed very sick but I felt that I am in a cage and can't escape her.

After that trip I wrote M how I felt about all and she got very mad at me. Told me to cancel my tickets to her and that she doesn't want to see me IRL, to keep it online, what I exactly did. I deleted her off all socials and wanted to move on but she got mad about it even more and kept cursing me for ditching her.

Now I am stuck in a situation where she still messages me every couple days, but only to talk about herself, then ghosting me and keeps promising me that we will meet in the future or video call each other later. I don't believe her promises anymore and feel that she is a hypocrite and only there when it's interesting to her.

AITA?

AITA for telling my parents they are not getting money off me so they can spoil my siblings the way they never wanted to spoil me? (self.AmItheAsshole)

quote:

My parents had me at 27 and 29 respectively. I was their only child for 14 years and in all the years I was living with them, they never believed in nice things or treating me for any reason. They had the money. My mom was often buying more makeup and shoes and my dad was into golf so their money went on their hobbies and I had basics for everything. Anything I wanted I was told no. Christmas and Birthdays were for practical gifts. School supplies they bought without me because it was basically plain everything and they didn't want me complaining about wanting a character backpack or a pink pencil or something.

I always remember it was really hot one summer and I was 8 years old maybe. An ice cream truck stopped in our neighborhood and all the kids were getting ice creams so I approached my parents who were talking to some neighbors and I asked if I could have the money for one too. They said no, because ice cream was not an essential and I could go inside and get some water if I wanted to cool down. A neighbor offered to pay for my ice cream and my parents put a stop to that as well. I went inside for the rest of the day anyway because I was upset and jealous watching all the other kids eat their ice creams and knowing my parents wouldn't even let someone else buy me one.

They started to change after I moved out of home. I noticed when an invite came for my little sister's 5th birthday party and it was a huge surprise because I never got a birthday party. In the 3 years since they have thrown birthday parties, gone all out for Christmas, they took them on vacation, which I never went on but my parents did.

Then several months ago my parents realized I was doing well for myself with my art. They asked me to buy my siblings these big gifts for Christmas and I said no. My parents said they could only get the so much and I shrugged. These were easily 300-400USD gifts each that my parents wanted me to buy. And of course I was to give the gifts to my parents to give to my siblings.

A few days ago then my parents asked me for money for stuff for my siblings and I said no. They said I was being very tight fisted with my money and to think of how much it would mean to my siblings. This is when I told them they don't get money off me to spoil my siblings the way they refused to spoil me. My parents said I was being petty and that I was punishing the wrong people.

AITA?

Quackles fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 19, 2023

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Some people are just willing to pay for a bespoke, artisanal dick-sucking instead of an off-the-rack job.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

The Black Stones posted:

I’m not surprised that a pub would set one up in an outside area to try reach a crowd.

It’s wild to visit Japan and see all the little indoor smoking rooms in buildings for people to be able to stay indoors and have a smoke.

Thule Greenland has all of these nifty little glass indoor boxes the size of like a couple of phonebooths in almost every building that you go into to smoke. You're not allowed to be outdoors unless you're entering or exiting one of the free transport taxi-shuttles to get from place to place from like September until late May due to the cold, dark, wind, and dangerous wildlife. The smoking booths have some insane ventilation/filtration system and you can't smell them from more than like a foot away, even with the doors open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Quackles posted:

AITA for telling my parents they are not getting money off me so they can spoil my siblings the way they never wanted to spoil me? (self.AmItheAsshole)
I'm surprised OP even kept a relationship with the parents after being treated that much like poo poo. They had enough money to go on vacation once a year, pay for golf hobbies, etc but couldn't spare $3 for some fuckin' ice cream? They did everything but hang a sign saying "you're a burden on our life that we wish didn't exist", no reason to keep in touch with these assholes.

Checking the comments, a bunch of Redditors are speculating that OP is adopted or the child of an affair or something else along those lines where "we'll raise her rather than tossing her in an orphanage but she's not really our kid". OP says none of these are the case though.