Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Buy a quelling if you are versus NP, even if you are a support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

emdash posted:

Best use of ogre is still pos3 vanguard Midas into as-needed auras into sheepstick

Some pros were trying him pos1 in 7.33 but no one’s been brave enough so far in .34
I’ve had fun with Ogre mid but that’s very matchup-dependent and of course I’m in a very low bracket

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
yeah ogre loves getting xp so mid is nice if the matchup's playable

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Oh yeah, didn't see it mentioned here, there were hints in the emoji patch notes that the next hero might be Aghanim.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Oh yeah, didn't see it mentioned here, there were hints in the emoji patch notes that the next hero might be Aghanim.

But... This is his map now

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is Veno 3 a thing? I've been playing him 4 a lot lately, but on occasion the pubbie insists I 3 with him -- it almost never goes well, but I always enjoy giving it a shot. Although I don't know how to build him for a 3, if that's a thing. I usually go similar to Viper like D-Lance Mek Skaadi but I'm not sure.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Sab669 posted:

Is Veno 3 a thing? I've been playing him 4 a lot lately, but on occasion the pubbie insists I 3 with him -- it almost never goes well, but I always enjoy giving it a shot. Although I don't know how to build him for a 3, if that's a thing. I usually go similar to Viper like D-Lance Mek Skaadi but I'm not sure.

Does he have mana enough to support a mek? Seems ok to me in general, though. Needs some movement/evasion like Pike or sb/edge maybe?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

You can three a Veno. What it means is that you'll have more farm, presumably, and you'll need to turn that into something your team needs. Typically the 3 is more of a front liner or an initiator. It doesn't mean you have to do these, but if your team doesn't have those things it's probably going to fall to you. In which case you'll want a blink and to build tanky. Pipe, AC, and Shivas are all possible needs you could look to build. Early sheep if you need lockdown, gleipnir if you need chase, ect. You just have to figure out what your team comp needs, what problem needs solving, and get that item.

You also get to bully the poo poo out of the 1 in lane by clicking on him with your passive.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

In theory, yea, in practice, his right click sucks rear end. Such low damage and short range, hard to actually get last hits depending on what you're laning against.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Sab669 posted:

In theory, yea, in practice, his right click sucks rear end. Such low damage and short range, hard to actually get last hits depending on what you're laning against.

His right clicks aren't that great but level 2-3 poison sting hurts pretty bad to lane against if you're not a hero that's rushing vanguard.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.

TOOT BOOT posted:

His right clicks aren't that great but level 2-3 poison sting hurts pretty bad to lane against if you're not a hero that's rushing vanguard.

I think that is why I see him better as a 4. 3s tend to click on creeps for last hits and 4s click on heroes.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Sab669 posted:

He can absolutely 3 but that's not the build. Vessel, force staff, mek/pipe/greaves, agh's. If you have another plausible builder for the aura stuff then you can focus on getting scepter sooner and maybe get a little greedier, but usually it's best for you to build that stuff. Your damage does not come from stacking right clicks so building stuff like dragon lance/skaadi isn't useful. You'll need the force staff as much for escaping as for chasing; don't buy a blink. You're fairly squishy but do a shitload of damage by facerolling your spells and throwing ult/vessel on enemy cores, so let a tankier mid or offlane support be the frontline initiator.

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

You can three a Veno. What it means is that you'll have more farm, presumably, and you'll need to turn that into something your team needs. Typically the 3 is more of a front liner or an initiator. It doesn't mean you have to do these, but if your team doesn't have those things it's probably going to fall to you. In which case you'll want a blink and to build tanky. Pipe, AC, and Shivas are all possible needs you could look to build. Early sheep if you need lockdown, gleipnir if you need chase, ect. You just have to figure out what your team comp needs, what problem needs solving, and get that item.

Is this a ChatGPT post or something? Do not do any of this poo poo.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

I remember that bsj did a post 3 veno video and his conclusion was that you play it like a broodmother and just own and control a chunk of the map. Typically the enemies safe jungle to the best of your ability. You're gonna slowly encroach and hopefully your team plays in the space with all your vision.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
I like support Veno. Solar crest still owns, like sure vessel is buffed, but I'd always rather someone else get the vessel since I don't feel like the hero is good at gaining charges as a support

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Funny, as I spam him lately I'm so bummed and confused when someone else calls dibs on building Urn/Vessel.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

Man I can't get enough of warlock's new little guys. You can push a lane from a mile away, which not only gives gold for more golems but is infuriating to try and push a tower against.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
My friend plays veno 3 and I support him as jakiro and we absolutely dominate the lane 90% of the time, its completely abusive.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Veno/Jakiro sounds like absolute hell to lane against

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.dota2.com/newsentry/3640650512230380185

10 year anniversary items

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

I’m absolutely astonished that you get them for just winning games and not dropping a ton of cash.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jimmeeee posted:

I’m absolutely astonished that you get them for just winning games and not dropping a ton of cash.

You can even get a slightly updated version of Alpine Ursa!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there was a small patch
https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.34b

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
lol dota 2 is truly dying if they're like LOOK YOU CAN GET ALPINE URSA

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
How do I use the 10th Anniversary Gabe Newell Chat Lines?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wake me up when they rerun Skeleton King arcana

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
If this is their big 10 year reveal they were hinting about after that no more battlepass blog, I think the doomers might be right and valve is about to go TF2 on dota

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
hope that new icefrog game is good and not like Artifact

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I've never really enjoyed any of the seasonal gamemodes but I always end up playing them to get hats, so I'm kinda glad they're giving up on those and just giving us the occasional hat for playing Dota.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Tiger Millionaire posted:

If this is their big 10 year reveal they were hinting about after that no more battlepass blog, I think the doomers might be right and valve is about to go TF2 on dota

this is free, they said they'd have some way to contribute to TI prize pool so this isn't it

that said it's probably gonna immortal cache chests or whatever so no reason get hopes up for a big thing

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Games are rather low quality right now because of the treasure.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

Disagree; I had an Earthshaker go Shadowblade --> Rapier this morning.
Games are great

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

TOOT BOOT posted:

"Right now"

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Sab669 posted:

Disagree; I had an Earthshaker go Shadowblade --> Rapier this morning.
Games are great

He should have finished the sliver edge first

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I don't understand the time limit on the crt effect and gold tormentors. Half the player base is going to only have a couple days to use them due to rng.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's assuming everyone gets every treasure. There's probably going to be a significant amount of people that just don't even get it at all.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I was also surprised to see the very limited timeframe on those - Till the end of TI would have made a lot more sense. Ten wins between now and September 7th isn't super-unreasonable for people that want to collect them all, though.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
God warlock fatal bonds / upheaval is so disgusting rn, I'm loving just hiding in the trees shadow amuleted, watching an army of imps murder their whole team.

Also how the hell are you supposed to deal with Morphling? It seems he just is unkillable in lane unless they gently caress up and forget to morph strength, and there's seemingly no way to stop the insane regen later on - it keeps going through silence, through sheep, costs zero mana. I've been trying spirit vessel but even that only seems to counter it so much.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Strong burst damage mid. Early morph will sit on a low HP pool before they itemize mid and late. If you have a high burst mid that can rotate you can keep him behind the curve.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Morph is a Smurf's comfort pick, so good luck if it's really an immortal player boosting an archon account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Shivas + Skadi will gently caress up morph