Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Eimi posted:

Nothing in this game currently requires optimal teams. Just invest in your relics/talents and you can get through.

I don't supposed you've tried stage 6/6 of the new forgotten hall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

padijun posted:

I don't supposed you've tried stage 6/6 of the new forgotten hall

....you got me there. But I'm clearly 30/30 on normal FH with teams that just have one/two dps who are invested in with functional relics and 5/7/7/7 talent spreads. So like a Blade/Clara duo team with Seele and SW on the other side type deal. By no means the optimal hypercarry setup either since my Tingyun is still 50. :v:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sampo is part of the jokerfied gang, not to be confused with the murder gang

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
That 6/6 on the new Forgotten Hall is, as far as I can tell, purely a brute force numbers game. At least that's how it broke down for me. My huge Luocha could barely keep up to the AOE damage output depite me perfectly alternating weakness breaks and respawns on the adds to minimize the incoming damage.

Wait I'm misremembering, my successful completion was Bailu on the first side against the fire fish, that's why it sucked.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 20, 2023

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i tapped out at 18/30 for this moc which is my first real go at it, kafka carried very hard on her side but i just flounder super hard once i got to stage 6 since my other main hard carry is yanqing and the apes do not play well with him

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The Fire MC's taunt overrides the ape's targeting, if that's your issue.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i guess i just got burned a bunch of times feeling like the taunt didn't apply, I guess I don't exactly have much ehr on fmc to be honest

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Futaba Anzu posted:

i guess i just got burned a bunch of times feeling like the taunt didn't apply, I guess I don't exactly have much ehr on fmc to be honest

There's no hit rate on fire MC's taunt and it's technically not actually a taunt despite functioning like one. What it does mechnically behind the scenes is on skill use (the shield) it sets everyone's aggro to zero except for fire MC, so basically the rest of your team is completely off the aggro list and all the enemies only attack fire MC. Doesn't draw them in so much as put everyone else off the naughty list. Only lasts that 1 turn though.

Exception: certain mechanics such as the angry monkey who just attacks whoever last used a skill.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

note that if you taunt and *then* the gorilla targets someone hell still target that person, not fmc, im pretty sure

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
in that case it sounds like the taunt isn't working at all, the monkey's just switching targets because fmc was the most recent to use a skill

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
also i'm pretty sure this:

DancingShade posted:

There's no hit rate on fire MC's taunt and it's technically not actually a taunt despite functioning like one. What it does mechnically behind the scenes is on skill use (the shield) it sets everyone's aggro to zero except for fire MC, so basically the rest of your team is completely off the aggro list and all the enemies only attack fire MC. Doesn't draw them in so much as put everyone else off the naughty list. Only lasts that 1 turn though.

is bogus. fmc's taunt actually applies a "taunt" status to enemies, which you can literally see in the enemy details, which says that they can only target fmc.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Jabor posted:

in that case it sounds like the taunt isn't working at all, the monkey's just switching targets because fmc was the most recent to use a skill

Yeah that's basically her use, she's a great budget tank if you don't have Gepard. Also her fire Ultimate is great on the mobs.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
FMC's taunt works on the gorilla, makes it decently easy to survive.

Except that they burn through skill points maintaining it and deal pretty bad damage and don't tank well enough to not have a healer, so it takes forever to chip down the gorilla's weirdly huge health pool, which is not ideal.

Still freed up Luocha so I could get my clear bonus on MOC 6, though.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Endorph posted:

note that if you taunt and *then* the gorilla targets someone hell still target that person, not fmc, im pretty sure

I am almost certain that the taunt works properly against the gorilla no matter who uses their skill last. Since I did it just the other day against the Gorilla that guards a treasure chest during the story run through the Alchemy Commission.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Endorph posted:

Untrue, in my experience. The taunt puts a debuff on the enemy that forces them to target the MC, no matter what. This works on both the gorillas and the centaurs and anything else that puts a target marker on a character. However, since it's a debuff it can be resisted, and it only lasts for one turn so you have to reapply it every turn. And if the enemy is fast enough they might lap your MC and you won't be able to taunt them before they attack again.

Captain France posted:

Except that they burn through skill points maintaining it and deal pretty bad damage and don't tank well enough to not have a healer,

My MC can manage it without a healer, but it still takes forever and pisses me off.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I am almost certain that the taunt works properly against the gorilla no matter who uses their skill last. Since I did it just the other day against the Gorilla that guards a treasure chest during the story run through the Alchemy Commission.

the gorilla still switches the Targettng debuff if another ally uses their Skill, but the ape will do the strike on the MC regardless of Targetting debuffs if the ape is Taunted

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, Fireblazer's skill has a 100% base chance to taunt all enemies for 1 turn so only they get attacked. Base chance means it can be increased with effect hit rate. If the taunt lands then the MC will be the only one hit regardless of targeting.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

DancingShade posted:

Exception: certain mechanics such as the angry monkey who just attacks whoever last used a skill.

This is 100 wrong btw

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm seriously tempted to build an all Fire team to try to take down that stupid ape. I just can't burst him down fast enough. Fireblazer, Hook, Asta and Luocha for healing and debuffs.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DancingShade posted:

making things up ftw.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ok i got some good hits on today's relic drops and i finally tuned out yanqing with a full ice set + properly speed tuned him for bronya (i wish i hadn't hosed up on building ultra fast bronya) and now this team feels like it's Online

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can't for the life of me acquire the final remaining 2* Nihility Blessing. It's the only one I still haven't gotten, despite trying for a bunch of runs now. Not sure why I'm having such a hard time coming across it; I guess just really bad luck.

I'm guessing it has unlocking Suspicion stacks as a prerequisite, but I've also been trying to do that as early as possible.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I can't for the life of me acquire the final remaining 2* Nihility Blessing. It's the only one I still haven't gotten, despite trying for a bunch of runs now. Not sure why I'm having such a hard time coming across it; I guess just really bad luck.

I'm guessing it has unlocking Suspicion stacks as a prerequisite, but I've also been trying to do that as early as possible.

yeah bunch of blessings are unlocked by picking the 3* that enables a debuff / buff, and ime that means the other 2* still rarely appear

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The rng is a bitch. I still haven't met Ruan Mei.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Walla posted:

Same, still missing that and one other event.

For the taunt conversation, Taunt can absolutely be resisted. Also, I am not 100% confident in the mechanics of it, but I am pretty sure the monkey will still target someone using a skill over the taunt if that skill happens after.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Pain of Mind posted:

For the taunt conversation, Taunt can absolutely be resisted. Also, I am not 100% confident in the mechanics of it, but I am pretty sure the monkey will still target someone using a skill over the taunt if that skill happens after.
Taunt can be resisted. You'll see the little "effect res" when you do it. There are other attacks that seem to bypass taunt. I don't know about the monkey, because I'm not high enough level to have seen many of them.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I also still haven't seen Ruan Mei, started at release :(

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pain of Mind posted:

They will target another character, but they will still attack the MC first if the taunt landed.

unruly posted:

Taunt can be resisted. You'll see the little "effect res" when you do it. There are other attacks that seem to bypass taunt. I don't know about the monkey, because I'm not high enough level to have seen many of them.

Taunt should be absolute. It either lands or it doesn't. AOE attacks will still hit everyone, but they will still be centered on the MC.

It works exactly the same as the enemy version that the fat robot does.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

The missing torment me. No matter how much I fish, no luck.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

got some passable boots for my sushang, decided to switch up her speed boots for atk boots.
even if i felt giddy thinking about 160+speed sushang

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 days!)

current Sushang.
i guess i could passively chase for a better crit rate physical sphere or rope. but its on lower side of priority, if it shows up okay. kind of annoying that her 40% break from her eidolon doesn't appear on the stat screen, but I think it does in battle.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Definitely the right call to go for the attack boots. There's an argument for a BE rope, but there's not too many bosses with physical weakness until you get to Bronya and Kafka.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Walla posted:

I've gotten that but am missing one random event I have no idea what it is

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

boredsatellite posted:

Same, have literally everything but a single event. Was two till a couple days ago so progress I guess?

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

boredsatellite posted:

MadHat posted:

Same, have literally everything but a single event. Was two till a couple days ago so progress I guess?

It might be the other side of the Sal and Leo ones. I had to look it up and it's a little absurd but basically the first time you run into them you choose to let one out. Then you are locked into that one unless you choose the shittier option when their event pops up (which is decline reward in favor of resetting the event). Then you have to run into the first part again where you get to make a choice of which one you let out. Let out the one you haven't let out before. And then you can run into the event featuring them and that's a separate event from his brother.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

wait gently caress no way i checked it and you are right i don't have the other one

okay at least now I know what i am looking for

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

boredsatellite posted:

wait gently caress no way i checked it and you are right i don't have the other one

okay at least now I know what i am looking for

Yeah the hosed up part is that unless you reset the event you will never see the other path. Plus then it's a bunch of runs to run into the reset, picking the other path, and encountering it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I never bought the "good value" blessing/curio and turns out you gotta do that to unlock further ones in the event chain.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

There sure is a lot of grinding in this here "Underground Treasure Hunt" thing. I had no idea when I saw the quest for 10k credits I figured I'd just get around to it later. Now I see it's very time consuming and it's gonna end soon. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I did one round of that and went yeah I'll get back to that later, but I probably actually won't.