Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I would hate to not like fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

I don’t really get the hype for VS tbqh like its fun for an hour or two but I can’t imagine sticking with it to get all the unlocks and poo poo
Fail.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
its a very effective neuron activation game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like games where you press buttons

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Augus posted:

I don’t really get the hype for VS tbqh like its fun for an hour or two but I can’t imagine sticking with it to get all the unlocks and poo poo

I'm not overly crazy for it either (played maybe 5 hours) but a for a game that cost the price of a coffee its pretty neat

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Augus posted:

sick filth

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I played it on steam a last year, and it was basically the same effect as Issac for me. I unlock a bunch of new items. Go out of my way to get more things to add to the pool. And I still see the same handful of stuff every time. Even with re-rolls I will barely see any of the new stuff. I looked at a list and I had 3/4 of the weapons you can unlock at the time.

But I also have zero attachment to slot machines and stuff. And that seemed like a big thing the game scratches for the people I talked to that love it. Unironically the constant flashing bright colors, and the gambling noises when they get a bunch of bonuses going off in the visually incomprehensible stages of the game lagging to poo poo. :shrug:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The final boss fight in VS is some of the hypest poo poo in all of gaming.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it's interesting/funny how obvious it is that the dev worked for a gambling company before (during) making the game

but the nice thing is that he's not using those skills to exploit people and instead it's just for fun in a game he's practically giving away :unsmith:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

Garlic is a baby toy. Real pros rock the unholy vespers.

Unholy Vespers + Soul Eater + La Borra + Gorgeous Moon + Song of Mana + Fuwalafuwaloo = stay the gently caress away from me plz, tia

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

American McGay posted:

Garlic is a baby toy. Real pros rock the unholy vespers.

Shadow Pinion or stfu :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Your Computer posted:

it's interesting/funny how obvious it is that the dev worked for a gambling company before (during) making the game

but the nice thing is that he's not using those skills to exploit people and instead it's just for fun in a game he's practically giving away :unsmith:

Exactly, it's quite the opposite; they were going to get another company to develop the mobile port, but they all had plans to monetize it and put in some f2p bullshit, so he/they just ported it themselves and made it legit free. It's the exact same game there, too.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I loled when I realized "peachone" is just an exaggerated Italian pronunciation of pigeon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

peachone my beloved

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gains Boros

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Amazon has like a billion knock-off wireless switch controllers for 25-35 USD. I'm in the market for a new controller, so are there any brands that are recommended?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The bestiary lore is great in VS so make sure you go read some of it. All written by Stephanie Sterling

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Propaganda Hour posted:

Amazon has like a billion knock-off wireless switch controllers for 25-35 USD. I'm in the market for a new controller, so are there any brands that are recommended?

8bitdo is pretty well regarded, in my understanding. I have one of theirs that looks like a snes game pad with sticks in by the start and select. I really enjoy it.

I also have a wired A Power xbox360 controller for my laptop, and it's passable to ok quality.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Propaganda Hour posted:

8bitdo if you want good quality. I have an SN30 Pro and an Ultimate and they both kick rear end. Love the Ultimate in particular for the back paddles. Their M30 is even better if you are looking for a really good Dpad for retro stuff

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Propaganda Hour posted:

I haven’t tried it but this one looks really promising. After using an Xbox Series controller I can never go back to a mushy dpad ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzo1khtyphY

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Brightman posted:

Under most circumstances Vampire Survivors runs surprisingly well on Switch.

In less optimal circumstances your fps can dip below 1 like I got it to earlier today by making it almost incomprehensible:
https://twitter.com/bcm778/status/1692866825649070127?t=9GpF7CKb6ZWmLTNNfoQ8nQ&s=19

now THIS is anime af

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Second the 8BitDo. I also have an SN30 pro and it is compatible with a bunch of different things. Not to mention that it's responsive and generally well built. But I guess it also depends on what kind of games you'll be playing. It's not a very big controller....and I've heard people complain that it's not great for fast paced FPS games.

Also....I bought Vampire Survivors. It's good.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Propaganda Hour posted:

Gonna Nth the 8BitDo recs, I have a Pro 2 that I use all the time, it's a very high-quality controller IMO, and I've heard good things about the Ultimate.

beer gas canister posted:

8bitdo if you want good quality. I have an SN30 Pro and an Ultimate and they both kick rear end. Love the Ultimate in particular for the back paddles. Their M30 is even better if you are looking for a really good Dpad for retro stuff
This surprises me though, I have an M30 and I rarely use it, the D-Pad especially doesn't seem great, it's prone to phantom inputs IME.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Thanks folks! Really appreciating the input and recs for the 8bitdo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I bought the 8bitdo Pro 2 and it’s excellent. I play switch way more docked since I bought it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Does the Sensor of TotK pick up only the thing you've chosen or all creatures in the set? I want to harvest some Lynel guts, and I'm not picky about who gives it to me, but I guess I won't be allowed to track them all at one time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Does the Sensor of TotK pick up only the thing you've chosen or all creatures in the set? I want to harvest some Lynel guts, and I'm not picky about who gives it to me, but I guess I won't be allowed to track them all at one time.

It'll only track the specific lynel you tell it to. It really won't be much help for your purpose because lynels are few and far between so unless you already have marked places they spawn, it's unlikely you'll get any sensor hits at all just wandering around.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

It'll only track the specific lynel you tell it to. It really won't be much help for your purpose because lynels are few and far between so unless you already have marked places they spawn, it's unlikely you'll get any sensor hits at all just wandering around.

Bummer. That's ok. I'll probably just look up where to find them, I have a weird idea of where I can find them underground... there's at least a coliseum, and they had the habit of showing up next to some lighthouses, too, but I don't really want to fight them all gloomed up.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Bummer. That's ok. I'll probably just look up where to find them, I have a weird idea of where I can find them underground... there's at least a coliseum, and they had the habit of showing up next to some lighthouses, too, but I don't really want to fight them all gloomed up.

There's a definite pattern to where they are found in the Depths. Under the stables. Guts can drop from any type of lynel but the harder the higher chance.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Any time I needed Lynel parts I'd go raid that arena in the depths where you fight like five of them in a row.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Sad Panda posted:

There's a definite pattern to where they are found in the Depths. Under the stables. Guts can drop from any type of lynel but the harder the higher chance.

:psypop:

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

Propaganda Hour posted:

The PowerA Nano, which is a big jump in quality for them, and the 8bitdo sn30 are both very good. The Nano can wake the Switch up, but the 8bitdo can pair with pc and smartphone. Both have gyro/motion whatever. I've had both for 2 years now without any drift or other issues.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sad Panda posted:

! That's what I was thinking. Incredible game. I recently got all the shrines and was cross-referencing back and forth on my maps and noticed that some shrines had lynel, but I hadn't really thought about it more than that until I started looking at it more closely. I didn't believe it was intentional at first.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Sad Panda posted:

gently caress. I've been all over the Depths and never noticed that.

Of course I didn't notice any of the OTHER patterns to the Depths topography until I was told about it, so I'm just unobservant in general.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Augus posted:

alright bro found something more your speed

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Do y'all have any recommendations for the various protectors or armour kits for the Switch?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Zombie Guy posted:

Do y'all have any recommendations for the various protectors or armour kits for the Switch?

amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch 2017 (2-Pack) https://a.co/d/cN16Ooq

amFilm Screen Protector Compatible with Nintendo Switch OLED model 2021, Tempered Glass, 3 Pack https://a.co/d/4znW2tm

Perfect painting
Nov 27, 2011

Picked up Vampire Survivors and can confirm it owns. $5 feels criminal

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

does it have all the DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Nah. It’s $5 for just the base game and $2 for each of the dlcs but they’re all 10% off right now so you can save 90 cents