Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
will grier is dogshit and I'd like this to be the last preseason I see him wasting space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

will grier is dogshit and I'd like this to be the last preseason I see him wasting space

I think he's gone come cut down day. Red Rifle will be fine as back up with whatshisname as emergency.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1692922960951062939?t=uWbUqLOm9kKbVFJOwQbW3A&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Feel like there's a citation needed on that one.

But if they're leaning into it that's all pretty cheap stuff to make, it's just foreign to about every other stadium as far as I can tell.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Now do concession staff wages

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Aug 20, 2023

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

whos that broooown posted:

Doubt more expensive concessions is going into the pockets of the workers. At least some people besides billionaires benefit from this (obv ideally pay them well and have concessions be cheap but america/capitalism/hellscape/etc)

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Doubt more expensive concessions is going into the pockets of the workers. At least some people besides billionaires benefit from this (obv ideally pay them well and have concessions be cheap but america/capitalism/hellscape/etc)

Maybe not directly but I doubt the prices would be that low if concession workers in Georgia weren't making on average 5 dollars less per hour than workers in California. It's only fair if dumbass fans are comparing it to dodger dogs or whatever the gently caress.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

You can't even get that much stuff at a loving Orioles game for $20

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

You can't get that much at Taco Bell for 20 dollars. Smells like some bullshit

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 20, 2023

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Double post

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Grittybeard posted:

Feel like there's a citation needed on that one.

But if they're leaning into it that's all pretty cheap stuff to make, it's just foreign to about every other stadium as far as I can tell.

Haven’t personally verified but do know the owner makes a point of having concessions be relatively cheap. Comes up in the jon bois falcon series maybe? idk where else i’d learn mercedes benz stadium concession pricing

Maybe not directly but I doubt the prices would be that low if concession workers in Georgia weren't making on average 5 dollars less per hour than workers in California. It's only fair if dumbass fans are comparing it to dodger dogs or whatever the gently caress.

Should those fans also factor in cost of living of LA vs Georgia? And other low minimum wage poo poo states will still have expensive concessions, just give the falcons a slight w on this one, they need it

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Aug 20, 2023

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Haven’t personally verified but do know the owner makes a point of having concessions be relatively cheap. Comes up in the jon bois falcon series maybe? idk where else i’d learn mercedes benz stadium concession pricing

Should those fans also factor in cost of living of LA vs Georgia? And other low minimum wage poo poo states will still have expensive concessions, just give the falcons a slight w on this one, they need it

I do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to the co founder of the home depot

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Believe he’s the slightly less lovely one and sometimes poo poo people can do something non-poo poo. Every owner is terrible because they are billionaires, but at least this is a bone thrown to us unwashed masses

packers super bowl for the revolution

Anyone got some ~bold~ predictions before this season kicks off? I’m gonna wish a chargers-lions super bowl into existence (lol this’ll never happen)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pontius Pilate posted:

Believe he’s the slightly less lovely one and sometimes poo poo people can do something non-poo poo. Every owner is terrible because they are billionaires, but at least this is a bone thrown to us unwashed masses

packers super bowl for the revolution

Anyone got some ~bold~ predictions before this season kicks off? I’m gonna wish a chargers-lions super bowl into existence (lol this’ll never happen)

Aaron Rodgers Jets finish first in their division and make it to the AFCCG

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

When they opened the Mercedes Benz stadium, there were several announcements that they would have normal (normal for street/fast food, not normal for an NFL stadium) prices in the concession stands. I guess it helps to have a billionaire owner with a shrivel of a heart left.
That being said, it looks like a lot of foid for $20 after all the recent inflation corrections.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Wow keep fighting the good fight brother. This discourse is essential.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1693267746513895749?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Is it me or has there been more signed during training camp but retired before it ends this year?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

He wasnt down.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

You can't get that much at Taco Bell for 20 dollars. Smells like some bullshit

Yeah that seems like a shitload of food for 20 bucks anywhere let alone at a stadium

Personally I think it is cool and good even if the Atlanta Falcons snack stands have not yet fully ended capitalism

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BlindSite posted:

Aaron Rodgers Jets finish first in their division and make it to the AFCCG

Alas they lose to the New England Patriots in the AFCCG, who then go on to lose by a missed field goal to the Detroit Lions in the Super Bowl.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Seems like a decent consolation prize for paying $90 to watch whatever it is the falcons do on the field

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1693309253669593425

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This pic is where it finally hit me.

He's metamorphosizing into Gomez Addams.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
That's actually a big slap in the face to Gomez Addams

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

He's metamorphosizing into Gomez Addams.

Impossible, Gomez Addams actually loves his family.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/Willpa11/status/1693096631397233148

lol you love to see it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

after all these years they finally infiltrated the nfl mak-hine

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cavauro posted:

after all these years they finally infiltrated the nfl mak-hine

Does OJ count?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fwiw he was showing motion after he got put on the stretcher. Still very bad, but not Hamlin level bad I think.
Everyone forgets that Hamlin was the second Bills player to leave the field in an ambulance last year. It looked bad for Dane Jackson but he ended up avoiding serious injury and only missed a week.

https://twitter.com/573Football/status/1572024956829175808

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well that was unexpected breaking news.

https://twitter.com/DMoutonWWL/status/1693386092568027451

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 21, 2023

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shouldn't be a problem early in the season, but I could see it effecting his mobility come playoff time

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Shouldn't be a problem early in the season, but I could see it effecting his mobility come playoff time

Gotta watch out for the "too many men on the field" penalties too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Deleted, what was it?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

Deleted, what was it?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems like more teams are thinking these are a bad idea from a safety standpoint.

https://twitter.com/houstontexans/status/1693448827393458669?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Seems like more teams are thinking these are a bad idea from a safety standpoint.

https://twitter.com/houstontexans/status/1693448827393458669?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

The Chargers and Saints do a joint practice every year with no issues. Weird

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hour practice ruined kelvin benjamins career. Got hurt against the dolphins, ate his feelings for a year, and when he came back he was an undersized tackle.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

Hour practice ruined kelvin benjamins career. Got hurt against the dolphins, ate his feelings for a year, and when he came back he was an undersized tackle.

sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers and Saints do a joint practice every year with no issues. Weird

It might be specific to injury issues for the Saints this preseason. The Saints had a real long scratch list yesterday. I'd normally assume we were just blowing off a meaningless game after getting done what we wanted during the joint practices last week, but maybe we did get a bit too banged up by it.