Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

The Lord Bude posted:

Don’t know that costumed singer needed a nerf.

Costumed Singer was incredibly strong. Even Peasant was good and that draws at the start of your turn and doesn't tutor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Iirc singer has something stupid like 73% winrate when played on turn 1. I don't think the nerf is going to change that much.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah the stats aren’t why you play Singer

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

RatHat posted:

It’s not immortal, it can just change attack into health.

It survives any attack, but it will die if it attacks (or poison or deathrattle). So if it’s your last minion and you proc a bunch of summons, it could theoretically survive a dozen attacks in a row.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Elysium posted:

It survives any attack, but it will die if it attacks (or poison or deathrattle). So if it’s your last minion and you proc a bunch of summons, it could theoretically survive a dozen attacks in a row.

No, it doesn’t. Say it’s a 10/10 and it’s attacked by a 15 attack minion. It’ll swap attack to health to 4/16 and survive as a 4/1. Then say a 5 attack minion attacks next. It can’t swap enough attack to health to survive with 1 HP so it won’t swap at all and will die.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Well I believe you but it’s lovely wording on the card then.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Ain't the card's fault you missed the "if possible" in the text.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Patrick Spens posted:

Ain't the card's fault you missed the "if possible" in the text.

No, it’s the ambiguous “shifts its stats” line that is the problem. That doesn’t extrapolate directly to “takes health from attack.” “If possible” is also ambiguous in that it could be referring to times when it can’t change health because of another affect that is killing it in the meantime.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Two Titans packs via Twitch drops, started 20 mins ago, event ends Monday.

https://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone

peer
Jan 17, 2004

edit: nevermind i figured it out

peer fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Aug 19, 2023

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Julio Cruz posted:

Mo'Arg Artificer would help

Kalecgos time warp

Soulbound Silas moarg flame lance

Ez

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Man, it really sucks that there's absolutely nothing you can do about the Twisting Nether portal.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Scholtz posted:

Man, it really sucks that there's absolutely nothing you can do about the Twisting Nether portal.

It's the only thing that makes that deck viable at all. If you cheat it out, you win. If you don't play it, you lose by turn 8.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It’s the only titan that has a permanent effect that lasts the rest of the game; but it’s also in the worst class which helps balance things out.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Yeah so it should be balanced better.

Like, the ability that sucks all of the minions into the Twisting Nether Portal should also close the portal. That way if you don't want to close it, you just don't use that ability, but if someone Reverberations or Sylvannases your titan, they can close the portal. Because as it stands it's also the only titan that is almost worthless to steal or clone, since the other abilities just make your opponent's portal stronger.

Or just make it so the portal closes 3 turns after Sargeras dies.

If they play the portal, choose the taunt imps, and I don't have enough juice to kill not only the imps but the hero too, you basically have to concede.

By all means, they should buff Warlock overall but it shouldn't be so centered around their titan like this.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's the only thing that makes that deck viable at all. If you cheat it out, you win. If you don't play it, you lose by turn 8.
I don't feel like the point that a Class is entirely binary is the win you seem to think it is.

Jokes aside (I don't think you really meant that, it was just fun to poke that) it kinda exemplifies all that's wrong with endless much stronger cards; We've reached the critical mass where the 'play' is 'Did you have this? No, gently caress you.' and the counterplay is 'Did you manage to do it early? Yes? You win!'. That's always been endemic to The Hearthstone Experience, but it's never been a desirable outcome (something something parent company inflating numbers for buyout something something)

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Scholtz posted:

If they play the portal, choose the taunt imps, and I don't have enough juice to kill not only the imps but the hero too, you basically have to concede.

meanwhile shaman deals 50 damage from hand on turn 7 and druid summons 80 health of stats on turn 6. i think "two 3/4 taunt imps per turn" is fine

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

they've been trying to make "a portal that summons 3/2 imps" work since un'goro and now that it's finally not poo poo you want to take it all away again

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I like Sargeras. It's the swinginess of some of its other cards, particularly drawing or not drawing Amorphous Slime and/or Forge of Wills. That's what annoys me about Warlock.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

They're doing wild only mini sets now too?

I feel like you need a spreadsheet now to keep track of all of the different ways they've stuffed things to buy into this game lol

it's beyond too much

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I feel like To the Void shouldn’t be a *poof* effect, and it’s really odd because Twisting Nether wasn’t ever one either.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Final update on my "Trying to buy the Tavern Pass with Amazon coins" saga, if only just for future reference:

If you try to buy something with coins (client shows "successful transaction") and do not receive your purchase despite the coins being deducted from your Amazon account, disable 2FA/OTP in your Amazon account, if only temporary. If active, you will be prompted for it during your in-app purchase and apparently that extra step throws a wrench in the process.

An understandable oversight and miscommunication between two struggling indie companies trying to find their footing in the growing world of online commerce.
It can be confusing sometimes. Their support is well-trained to point at each other trying to shift the blame from themselves, so you would have to figure this out by yourself.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

E: Nevermind.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Orange Carlisle posted:

I feel like you need a spreadsheet now to keep track of all of the different ways they've stuffed things to buy into this game lol

it's beyond too much

Standard is the primary format and pretty much the only one that most people care about so this is explicitly a thing that most people don’t need to buy

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I got the splash page tonight for the package of one known diamond card and one random signature card from this expansion and the previous one

$49.99

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

skaboomizzy posted:

I got the splash page tonight for the package of one known diamond card and one random signature card from this expansion and the previous one

$49.99

They've done two of those I think and hahahaha no. Toss in some themed packs at least, maybe a cardback? There is no card in this game worth 50bux even with a die roll on 2 legendary signatures included

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I kind of hate how offbrand Thadius is. You play him and he buffs your hand. That’s got nothing to do with his presence in wow. Should do something obnoxious to your opponent not make your play better.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

standing with people of the same charge buffed your damage and was necessary to chew through his massive health pool before he enraged, it's reasonably on brand

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
"Playing odd/even cards deals N damage to the enemy hero" is probably more on-brand but I can see some balance issues arising there.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

"Can't be damaged by even/odd cost minions" but that almost completely shuts down certain wild decks lmfao

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

it's beyond too much

holy cow wtc talk about the last thing players actually needed / wanted... are the cosmetics, lovely expensive rear end bundles, and battlepasses (standard, bg) not enough money for this small indie company? what's next? separate battlepasses for wild, twist, duels, etc.? maybe they need to add separate minisets for each mode as well! good lord the greed. maybe they can start adding in $200 skins like league is doing now to try to squeeze even more money out of people.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
How dare they support wild for the first time in like 5 years

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Firebert posted:

How dare they support wild for the first time in like 5 years

Wild gets supported by regular set releases.

This would be like if WotC released a type 1 only expansion, which is insane and would never happen.

It never happened right?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

PneumonicBook posted:

Wild gets supported by regular set releases.

This would be like if WotC released a type 1 only expansion, which is insane and would never happen.

It never happened right?

Twice

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Are you loving kidding me?

I am googling right now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

PneumonicBook posted:

Are you loving kidding me?

I am googling right now.

It's not exactly "Type 1" anymore, but the sets are called Modern Horizons 1 & 2, and looks like they just announced a third one last week lol

edit: also Modern Horizons 2 was the best selling Magic set of all time and made over $200 million in revenue

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

goferchan posted:

It's not exactly "Type 1" anymore, but the sets are called Modern Horizons 1 & 2, and looks like they just announced a third one last week lol

edit: also Modern Horizons 2 was the best selling Magic set of all time and made over $200 million in revenue

Thanks for this, googling wasn't making it evident what the sets were.

Also it's still insane, also also of course it made all the money, goddammit.

EDIT jesus there are slivers in it? Bringing me back.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I'm not sure that releasing new cards for a card game represents a dangerous step forward for monetisation and corporate greed.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Any time I see someone use the phrase "small indie company" unironically the rest of the post just becomes white (more like whine) noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
part of the idea of printing a set directly to an extended format is that you can target a power level higher than you would in a regular old standard set

the problem is when people like playing those extended formats with the cards that already exist in the format, and then the format ends up warping around those new cards. i don't think it's much of an issue in hearthstone's case because as far as i can tell nobody gives a poo poo about wild currently and any improvement would be worth it