Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

The refreshing Hilary (one "l") will wash away any sweaty heats.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

when i think death, i think jobs

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The great work continues, if boiling the ocean doesn't work...

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

BlackRock's mission statement to make the Earth a black rock. Probably some profit there to be had.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Xaris posted:

if you haven't seen it, Miracle Mile kicks rear end. one of the best 80s movies imo. also very cspam

This is one of my favorite movies. I first saw came across it on tv without knowing anything about it right as Harry is calling from the pay phone and getting the answering machine. Might have been the best way to just wander into the movie.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

a strange fowl posted:

when i think death, i think jobs

If you die then I can take your job

That's Bidenomics

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Just a Moron posted:

Premature extinctulation

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants to burn the plants
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Nobody gets a second chance, oh

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Your father and I support the meteor and the jobs it will bring! :buddy:

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Xaris posted:

if you haven't seen it, Miracle Mile kicks rear end. one of the best 80s movies imo. also very cspam

Watched this earlier today because of this thread. I have no idea how I'd never heard of it before, but I really dug it. Thanks for the recommendation!

e: it's free with ads on Tubi

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

discoukulele posted:

Watched this earlier today because of this thread. I have no idea how I'd never heard of it before, but I really dug it. Thanks for the recommendation!

e: it's free with ads on Tubi

:hfive:

imo it's best watched at like 1am on a saturday night than during daylight, but sure it's good no matter what

it has one of the best endings of any movie

Xaris has issued a correction as of 03:58 on Aug 20, 2023

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

make's sense, thank you mr president 🫡

DrHub
Jun 21, 2012
Is that real? Because that's a new crack ping to me

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE
Teamsters local 69420 corpsebaggers

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Just a Moron posted:

Premature extinctulation

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Kickin' asbestos in the factory
Punchin' out Chryslers in the factory
Breathin' that plastic in the factory
Makin' polyvinyl chloride in the factory

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Vegas is flooding, that should take care of the drought

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Spokane AQI is 506. We did it folks!

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

cat botherer posted:

Spokane AQI is 506. We did it folks!

"Make number go up," I whisper as one of the gnarled fingers on the monkey's paw twitches and curls inward

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

your father and I support the jobs the comet will create

e: beaten like the biosphere has been beaten to death by petrocapitalism

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Vegas is flooding, that should take care of the drought

Is it or are they just flooding the storm sewer to get rid of the people living there as they do periodically

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

its honestly incredible how accurate don't look up is to our entire lived experience lol

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

It seems as Idiocracy Don't Look Up looks more like a documentary every day

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

looking forward to waking up to some tremendous content tomorrow

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Just a Moron posted:

It seems as Idiocracy Don't Look Up Final Fantasy VII looks more like a documentary every day

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

then defend labor action more aggressively you little poo poo

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Minera posted:

its honestly incredible how accurate don't look up is to our entire lived experience lol

it seems more accurate that Don't Look Up is the product of years, decades, lifetimes spent trying to verbalize how absurd it is that we would socially prefer death to proactivity.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Potato Salad posted:

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

don't look up will be one of the defining artworks of our time. the fact that it fails as a comedy kind of adds to it, future historians can point and say "this is the point at which they couldn't even joke about it anymore, as much as they wanted to"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a strange fowl posted:

future historians

:newlol:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

historians from zeta reticula sifting through piles of our single use plastics

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Aug 21, 2023

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
imagine trying to sift through the surface of venus to figure out the anthropological course of action that lead to its final state.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Potato Salad posted:

No he's thinking of all the opportunities to sell unions out

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

You must pay the price for this post.

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

do a hurriquake pls

it did a hurriquake gently caress yeah

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

a strange fowl posted:

don't look up will be one of the defining artworks of our time. the fact that it fails as a comedy kind of adds to it, future historians can point and say "this is the point at which they couldn't even joke about it anymore, as much as they wanted to"

it's cute that you think there will be future historians

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

a strange fowl posted:

It's obviously very relevant to this time but it is also a very flaccid, toothless movie which is also very appropriate for this time.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

1glitch0 posted:

It's obviously very relevant to this time but it is also a very flaccid, toothless movie which is also very appropriate for this time.

Yeah the inflection point that defines its message/ideology is iirc right after the Chinese/Indian attempt fails. You wouldn’t have a concert tour, you’d have a revolution and you’d have every last ounce of energy expended. Now, maybe the writers would still have that effort be fruitless, the death throes of humanity, but at least it wouldn’t condemn the movie as liberal drivel.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Bad news for climate refugees

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2023/aug/21/fired-on-like-rain-saudi-border-guards-accused-of-mass-killings-of-ethiopians posted:

Using satellite imaging, photographs of deaths from more than 20 incidents, witness testimony by survivors and forensic experts’ examination of survivors’ wounds, HRW has built up a compelling and horrific picture of an escalating campaign of extreme violence aimed at people trying to cross the border.

Witness testimony describes mass killings, with women and children dying in shelling, and dead people and body parts spread along trails.

“I saw people killed in a way I have never imagined,” Hamdiya, a 14-year-old girl who crossed the border in a group of 60 in February, told researchers. “I saw 30 killed people on the spot.”

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2023/aug/21/fired-on-like-rain-saudi-border-guards-accused-of-mass-killings-of-ethiopians posted:

“When they released us, they created a kind of chaos; they screamed at us to get out of the car and get away,” she said.

“When we were 1km away, the border guards could see us. We were resting together after running a lot … and that’s when they fired mortars on our group. Directly at us.

Last week Downing Street confirmed that Rishi Sunak plans to welcome Saudi Arabia’s crown prince Mohammed bin Salman to London “at the earliest opportunity”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

With the malaria cases in the news companies like Mosquito Joe are going to reap a windfall as they wage all out chemical warfare on the base of the foodweb.