Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
On PC you can use Steam or other controller software to increase the deadzone.

For PS5 you’ll need to open it up, and either clean some contacts (often works, but often temporarily) or replace some parts (might involve soldering).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gripweed posted:

Ok but seriously, is there an easy way of fixing stick drift on a PS5 controller?

You have to replace the stick completely to really fix it and it is pretty difficult. Call Sony and if they stiff you you might have to consider some more morally questionable solutions

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Gripweed posted:

Ok but seriously, is there an easy way of fixing stick drift on a PS5 controller?
I think I saw a lot of people say putting alcohol on the base of the stick and turning it a bunch worked for them? Or maybe WD-40, I forget. I had some drift myself and it just sorta went away on its own after recalibrating it against my switch like 10 times which I assume means just swirling it in a circle a whole bunch loosed some dust.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, it's a mostly British cast? That's cool, there's a lot of underrated talent on that side of the pond, and the funny thing is that most British actors do a little bit of everything, so you can hear a villain from FFXIV selling you a Honda.

Don't forget about Estinien's Subway advert.

https://twitter.com/mc_duder/status/1441560477369192450?lang=en-GB

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

guys video game sex scenes are still very silly

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They should abstract the scenes into a fun bonus combat encounter

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Khanstant posted:

They should abstract the scenes into a fun bonus combat encounter

I think God of War beat you to the punch

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's the new Madden game good?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

pretty smart of them to make "O" the sex button

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

EightFlyingCars posted:

pretty smart of them to make "O" the sex button

there's a whole extended qte sequence you have to do to win at sex. the yellow arrows are stick moves

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Unfortunately they patented that so games can't do it unless they wanna pay the toll

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Do you think that Atreus was conceived via QTE

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think he comes from a book

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Video game sex scenes should have combo grading systems, like Tony Hawk or Devil May Cry.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The one in that David Cage game, Fahrenheit or Indigo Project, had you slide the mouse upwards in a very specific manner.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Khanstant posted:

I think he comes from a book

Wouldn't a hand be easier?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Yeah dogg, I love Total War!

My favorite characters in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed are: the general from Company of Heroes, the general from Rome Total War, and Football Manager

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

sorry i haven't streamed lately. too excited about my NEW JOB i got!

i was let go by my old job on tuesday, got an interview on thursday, hired on friday, i start on monday

i'm so excited

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Even as far back as Shakespeare's time Wales was the land of fairies and magical poo poo.

This reminds me when they showed Braveheart on the sci-fi channel with the description of "when legends and heroes were real" lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

Rogue Trader might be good!

Yeah I am excited for this more than BG3 tbh

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

sorry i haven't streamed lately. too excited about my NEW JOB i got!

i was let go by my old job on tuesday, got an interview on thursday, hired on friday, i start on monday

i'm so excited

Congratulations!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just had a horriblefantastic idea for a BG3 LP, but that sure as hell ain't happening until I beat the game... likely 100 hours of game time later :v:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Just had a horriblefantastic idea for a BG3 LP, but that sure as hell ain't happening until I beat the game... likely 100 hours of game time later :v:

Looking forward to your Dark Urge Paladin run

(Seriously, apparently that's a thing. What the gently caress)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am on Day 2 of Case 5 of the first Phoenix Wright game and can I just say that Case 4 and all the twists and turns is one of my favourite things in the world.

The moment in Case 4 when I figured out that the bullet was STILL in the shoulder of Von Karma and that explained why he never used his right arm in court is probably one of my all time moments. Just a solid everything falling into place realisation and so wacky and wonderful and just had me grinning. I have made the vow to play every single one of these I can get my hands on because they so align with me. Interesting crimes to solve, great soap opera story telling, incredibly fleshed out and funny characters, this game has it all!! :D

Right now I am SO baffled at the way case 5 is going. Two deaths at the same time in different places. OK. Fine. The same person??? What??? And there appears to be EVIDENCE that coroborates that fact?!?! My brain is pretzeling around itself trying to figure it out!

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Just remember, if something stinks, it's probably the Butts.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

bone emulator posted:

Just remember, if something stinks, it's probably the Butts.

He popping up and being ridiculous in Case 4. AND AND AND him stealing Worthy's money and letting Phoenix get accused? Wow. Not cool. NOT cool.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Case 4 of the first AA is well loved for so many justifiable reasons, but man, case 5 has so many amazing characters and trial moments, idk which one I love more.

Case 4 is probably better in the greater context of the game as a whole, but Lana Skye and Damon Gant man... amazing one two punch of new characters.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

Looking forward to your Dark Urge Paladin run

(Seriously, apparently that's a thing. What the gently caress)

lol I am currently playing as an Oathbreaker Great Weapon Master Paladin. 5 attacks per turn, hitting for 50-70 damage each at lvl5? Don't mind if I doooooo

No no, it'll be more disastrous hilarious than that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Blue Labrador posted:

Case 4 of the first AA is well loved for so many justifiable reasons, but man, case 5 has so many amazing characters and trial moments, idk which one I love more.

Case 4 is probably better in the greater context of the game as a whole, but Lana Skye and Damon Gant man... amazing one two punch of new characters.

I really like Lana. Do not quite know how to feel about Damon yet though. I am wary. :)

Plus with this game I have been doing voices and Damon definitely is easier on the vocals than Von Karma was. Von Karma, so far, is my second favourite character for who he is and how case 4 got put together.

I am seriously excited to be getting round to the other games but I am spacing them out so I do not get burnt out, cos I could easily devour them one after another.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Lana Skye is so cool. Love her design.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

VideoGames posted:

He popping up and being ridiculous in Case 4. AND AND AND him stealing Worthy's money and letting Phoenix get accused? Wow. Not cool. NOT cool.

While I'm not 100% sure if that was intentional, I do love how Phoenix no longer considers Larry his friend and treats him as an utter nuisance for the entire rest of the series. You almost never see heroic protagonists holding grudges no matter how justified and what Larry did, despite only being a kid at the time, is definitely the sort of thing anyone in Phoenix's shoes would never forgive someone for, given how it basically changed his entire life path.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 21, 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bone emulator posted:

I keep looking up voice actors in BG3 because they're almost all really good and like all of them are credited in a couple of episodes of EastEnders or as a murder victim in a crime drama and stuff like that.

Whoever did the casting must have done a hell of a job.

JK Simmons was fairly low energy though, and he's done good VA before. I feel like they wanted someone to really chew the scenery, like Irenicus in BG2, but JK wasn't up to it I guess.

Dark Souls actors are the same way. Solaire's biggest previous role was a hundred episodes as a superintendent on The Bill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO68C59dJiQ&t=88s
The ginger guy at 1:28, if the time stamp doesn't work.

Their big celebrity VA draw for DS2 was Peter Serafinowicz, previously known as a sketch comedian and the voice - not the on screen axtor, just the voice - of Darth Maul

Dabir fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 21, 2023

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

the funniest BG3 VA casting is that the dude who voices the evil devil tempter raphael was previously most well known for doing something like 650 episodes of a radio drama that started back in the 50s about the daily lives of farmers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dabir posted:

Their big celebrity VA draw for DS2 was Peter Serafinowicz, previously known as a sketch comedian and the voice - not the on screen axtor, just the voice - of Darth Maul

To be fair, after seeing his appearance on Black Books I'm surprised he didn't become the biggest star in Hollywood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS0CeXG7N5w

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The Peter Serafinowicz show is one of the greatest sketch shows of all time

https://youtu.be/Xd8fOouKiLc

https://youtu.be/cCLn94xi1LQ

https://youtu.be/ttJhqpE1uTk

(hopefully these all work in the US)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddammit George, where'd you hide the Mona Lisa!?! :argh:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Vermain posted:

the funniest BG3 VA casting is that the dude who voices the evil devil tempter raphael was previously most well known for doing something like 650 episodes of a radio drama that started back in the 50s about the daily lives of farmers

You know you've done a great job when they give you your own theme song (click for spoilers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
RE4R on PC continues to randomly crash on PC despite me running with absolute potato mode settings and using DLSS through the framework mod. Doesn't seem to be crashing any more or less than using the baked-in AMD upscaler so I'm rolling with DLSS since it looks a little better. I guess it hardly matters since with the graphics set to bare minimum it feels like old times playing the OG on GameCube. It

Anyways they've definitely preserved the more action-oriented feel of the original while adding/changing just enough to make it feel fresh. The knife as a resource is still kinda throwing me for a loop but I guess it's always better to parry than eat a hatchet to the dome or stop one of the enemies from sprouting a plaga and getting back up.

It's still sorta weird how they frontload these two huge difficulty spikes (the first big village square chase which isn't so bad when you figure out you just need to run the clock out and the valley arena) and then there's not a lit for a while after that.