Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Agnostalgia posted:

why did that break your oath, did you have a blood vendetta against the hair

I vowed to kill the woman the hair was attached to but she tempted me. I had to give god 1000 gold to repent

Buck Wildman posted:

BO-RING I read the necromancy book so now I can interrogate a goat and then the goat's corpse to see if he lied to me

hold onto that book until act 3 to get a truly bonkers power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Buck Wildman posted:

paladins rule because they're like the most unsubtle wrecking ball solution to any problem and that's incredibly entertaining a lot of the time

The paladin convo options are great, especially oath of vengeance paladins. I'm never in the wrong for murdering a bunch of folks!

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

the milk machine posted:

the vampire guy is dennis from always sunny

yeah this convinced me. gale the snail is out and dennis is in

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

The paladin convo options are great, especially oath of vengeance paladins. I'm never in the wrong for murdering a bunch of folks!

*booting open door and grabbing gobbo by the collar* I can smell the evil on you mf

I- WHA- OK?!

ok *smite*

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

*booting open door and grabbing gobbo by the collar* I can smell the evil on you mf

I- WHA- OK?!

ok *smite*

This is how I murdered the entire goblin camp after poisoning their beer yes

Also that bugbear with an ogre fetish

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

you know how you beat a metal gear game and you're like "ok now I'm gonna do a zero stealth combat run with a modded out heavy machine gun just for yucks"

that's a paladin run

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Zokari posted:

its hosed up that enemies in bg3 will actually attack downed characters

if any real DM tried to do that they'd start a fistfight

That's because they have to use up all their available actions per turn.

They'll do things that are completely nonsensical too like jump around and run back to where they were before just because they have a bonus action and nothing else to do with it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

They'll do things that are completely nonsensical too like jump around and run back to where they were before just because they have a bonus action and nothing else to do with it.

every time an enemy sprints I'm like lol you dumbass

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

thanks for getting in my movement range fool, eat death

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol what a weird item

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

lol what a weird item

break it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
wish you could carryit back to camp and plop it in front of your chest for organazizing

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Gale left my party in act 3 randomly as well

Orin snatched him

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's kind of funny/weird how many people have problems with persistent pursuer gale. in my game i had the option to say "not happening" the first time it came up and he said that was cool and never brought it up again. i wonder if that flag can just not set or get unset or if that specific conversation can just never come up somehow?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jeeeez you guys weren't kidding, these druids are fash

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ohhhh i'm pickin' up what you're putting down...

edit: haven't confirmed yet, i'm off doing something else right now but if it breaks into a wand or something, that'd be cool. but Karlach sitting in it and going "HELL YEAH I FEEL POWERFUL!" and then standing and going "Oh :("

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lostconfused posted:

no, it's because they want to Kill you

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

why doesn't the game just give you a quest to kill the goblins idk why this poo poo is rocket science

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

SlimGoodbody posted:

I was hashing out with a buddy what the World Warriors' various political tendencies were for fun, and my incomplete summary is thus:

Ryu - Too much of a weird karate hermit to pay attention to the world, he's probably apolitical. He might think Yukio Mishima had some interesting ideas if presented his text in a vacuum.

Ken - Canonically a dumb, rich rear end in a top hat who lost it all to the kind of libertarian failson scams that every Effective Altruist says they believe in.

E. Honda - Probably the guy who gave Ryu his copy of Confessions of a Mask.

Chun Li - True believer Marxist-Leninist-Maoist. Unproblematic queen.

Zangief - Misses the salad days when the Soviet Union was a genuine bulwark of communism. Probably says things Putin doesn't like, but 'Gief lived through the paranoid days of collapsed Stalinism, so every attempt to assassinate him with polonium has resulted in his assailant getting pile driven into a coma.

Dhalsim - More spiritual than political, his admonishments in favor of pacifism raise concerns about his views on the right of victims of Hindu supremacist violence to defend themselves, but he has also said injustice is a great enough evil to motivate him to acts of physical conflict.

Guile - Lifetime Air Force officer. His politics are guaranteed to be awful, but it remains to be seen whether they're Red MAGA awful or Blue MAGA awful.

Blanka - Maoist Third Worldist, indigenous rights militant, eco-terrorist. Has killed corrupt developers, will do it again, loses no sleep over this. King poo poo.

Balrog - One of those guys who says he loves capitalism, but owns no capital. Has a podcast or Twitch stream where he says insanely stupid reactionary and probably misogynist poo poo, to the adoration of an army of misguided young men. Is not-so-secretly in absurd debt because he got rich on fighting but never learned to manage his finances before getting barred from sports.

Vega - Jeffrey Epstein partied with Vega one single time on a yacht off the coast of Spain and would never speak about the events that transpired, refusing to ever see him again. Whatever Vega's beliefs are, they are guaranteed to be profoundly dark and self regarding.

Sagat - Honestly a very chill, nice guy to be around. "Live and let live" attitude, but might cave your chest in if you poo poo talk the king of Thailand?

M. Bison - I mean, massive fascist, obviously. Kidnapped or cloned a bunch of 10/10 smokeshows, called them his "Dolls," trained them up as super assassins in case he ever needed a back up body; a very normal thing for cisgender men to do!!!

Akuma - Pure rule of the strong. Demon ideology.

Dan - Technocratic neoliberal.

Elena - Pan-Africanist environmentalist. Beloved. Will probably be the next Nelson Mandela and change the world. Not an ounce of cynicism in her heart.

Alex - Teamster guy.

Hugo - Gets all of his politics from his girlfriend Poison.

Poison - She's a pink haired trans woman with no respect for the law, she has probably the most perfect praxis and politics of anyone on this list. If she ever meets Kimberly, Blanka, and Elena, we will have a new revolutionary vanguard.

Odo - Has escaped the Wheel of Samsara. His understanding of the world is more than you can deal with.

Gill - Technocratic neomonarchist.

Urien - Typical striver Republican business psycho.

Twelve - ◻︎●︎♏︎♋︎⬧︎♏︎ 🙵♓︎●︎●︎ ❍︎♏︎

T. Hawk, Lily - Indigenous rights activists, Democratic confederalists. Have done industrial sabotage.

Cammy - Could have just as easily ended up with the IRA rather than Delta Red if she'd been dumped in Ireland, in which case the English state would not longer exist. Once she retires and gets some distance and perspective on her life, will probably write the next War Is A Racket.

C. Viper - She's in the C.I.A. so her politics loving suck for sure. Big time Hillary voter.

Hakan - Don't bring up Armenians.

Rufus - Full on Q-anon lunatic. Was at Jan 6. Will die in a hail of gunfire when he tries to pull AOC's face off at a rally to prove she's a lizard.

Laura - Classic South American revolutionary leftist, but with a bunch of weird ideas about vaccines and using urine as medicine that seem to creep into anyone who gets REALLY into Jiu Jitsu.

Luke - He started in the army, then became a private military contractor, then a BJJ gym owner. His politics are lovely beyond description; whatever the plot of Call of Duty is, his politics are that. His truck is so large that he will not know when he runs over Mel. 100% a Blue Lives guy.

Kimberly - Black Lives Matter. Police abolition. Decolonialize. Direct antithesis to Luke. Will probably have to kill him within the next 10 years when things really start to fall apart and we enter The Cool Zone.

J.P. - Koch Bros. style "libertarian."

Jamie - Too young, drunk, and dumb for politics.

Yun & Yang - See Jamie.

Juri - Egoist anarchist. Despises authority. Will never date anyone; situationships only. If she joins the above-mentioned revolutionary vanguard, we will either have a successful global revolution inside of 5 years, or the group will collapse to Stalinist infighting as they each try unsuccessfully to get Juri to love them.

Manon - Born rich, runs in high society circles. By French standards, her politics are wretchedly bourgeois. By American standards, her politics are better than 90% of the U.S. population.

Marisa - An Italian who pines for a RETVRN to the Bronze Age... Look, I love her and want her politics to be a wholesome desire to recreate ideal populist democracy, but Italians and RETVRN types haven't earned much credit.

Dee-Jay - Probably similar to those of Pitbull.

Sabat In A Small Town

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lostconfused posted:

if you have a clip or something whatever you're thinking of could probably be diagnosed but it's not something as simple as "they have to use all their available actions per turn". you're probably misinterpreting highground/los seeking or they have some passive/item/whatever that they're weighing. the only thing i've seen ai really obviously and consistently gently caress up is counterspelling cantrips (which is probably actually the smart thing to do anyway instead of dying with all their counterspell slots left)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

beautiful post

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
free slimboy

lol at how mad and bad games posters are

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

hmm

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Lostconfused posted:

The horniest character in the game so far has to the angel that tells everyone how they want to gently caress at every opportunity.

I had an orc general start hitting on my main character right as we were getting ready to throw down in a fight to the death. I refuse to ever talk to Halsin because all the dialogue is just him being thirsty for you. This game is so horny it's starting to feel like a hentai visual novel dating simulator and makes pretty much all the companion quests and stories complete garbage.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

free him

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
pretty sure some of those names are star trek or final fantasy people not street fighter

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Jeez some of these early encounters in wrath of the righteous are rough, it's been a while. Throwing a perma enraged barbarian that will take off half your health with a touch against your lovely level 2 party.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

pretty sure some of those names are star trek or final fantasy people not street fighter

You need to keep up with the times old man, Street Fighter 6 came out only 2 months ago.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lostconfused posted:

Jeez some of these early encounters in wrath of the righteous are rough, it's been a while. Throwing a perma enraged barbarian that will take off half your health with a touch against your lovely level 2 party.

bg3 has been pretty drat gentle in that regard. might just be too used to larian by now but i really expected more absurd roadblocks and 'bullshit' wipes without fair warning. i've gotten so used to hearing second hand stories about nice dms accidentally wiping their players with easy mobs i came in expecting brutality

no dos2 oil field fight yet. though some of the traps have been legitimately devilish

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Lostconfused posted:

You need to keep up with the times old man, Street Fighter 6 came out only 2 months ago.

and it aint got no odo

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I think I ran into a handful of encounters that could force you to reload in BG3.

But nothing on the level of yo hold this water elemental.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

He's the real difference between Wrath and BG3.

In BG3 I load a save when I lose a character, in Wrath I load a save when I lose a party.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

bg3 has been pretty drat gentle in that regard. might just be too used to larian by now but i really expected more absurd roadblocks and 'bullshit' wipes without fair warning. i've gotten so used to hearing second hand stories about nice dms accidentally wiping their players with easy mobs i came in expecting brutality

no dos2 oil field fight yet. though some of the traps have been legitimately devilish

Have you come across a spectator?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I dommed lae'zel as a gnome

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Have you come across a spectator?

Pretty easy, you can just burst it down in a turn without letting it do any BS. I think I reloaded that fight only once, maybe twice.

That was the underdark one for me anyway, I didn't do the earlier one, which definitely would have been more of a challenge.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

god of war 1 and 2 were some real "holy loving poo poo" next level games

edit: i have super distinct memories of the hydra boss fight in 1 just blowing me away

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kratos becoming a sad dad and the games a slog is hilarious. Like they saw the Poseiden fight and figured they arent topping that, time to make it a cinematic experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
kratos, bald and sad, salding