Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The real impressive thing is someone did the Dongbaek fight with base Yi Sang and won the duel (which if you take Yi Sang he's forced to do).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Probe 17 posted:

"Also your daughter was in there, I think"

isn't ryoshu based on the warlord who wanted the art? although i guess an amalgam of the two fits with projmoon and also with making her a tragic figure

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Google Jeb Bush posted:

isn't ryoshu based on the warlord who wanted the art? although i guess an amalgam of the two fits with projmoon and also with making her a tragic figure

She's both, and it is heavily implied the sword she never unsheathes is probably her daughter.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

The real impressive thing is someone did the Dongbaek fight with base Yi Sang and won the duel (which if you take Yi Sang he's forced to do).

i didn't know he was forced into it, i thought it just had a bigger risk/reward if he got caught in it

unrelatedly, the dichtomy of hard mirror bosses sure is something, my experience so far

My Form Empties: Long-rear end fight necessitating constant EGO use even if you burst Aida down. Good fight at the end of railway but sucks bigtime here. as an aside i got this loving thing like 5 times in a row and only had the resources/could be assed to kill it once. it wasn't worth it.

Da Bull: Just loving murders you unless you roll heads on the strongest EGO. Also has a shitton of health.

Centipede: Sticks around for a while but that's it, it has few enough actions that it'll just end up disabled to poo poo. Pretty easy.

Kromer: Dead in 4-5 turns lol, has a big scary evade die but is a complete glass cannon once you get through it.

e: oh I forgot The Fox: Actually a pretty fun fight, numbers are big enough to be threatening but not ridiculous and the umbrellas lend themselves to more strategic EGO use than throwing them at giant numbers

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 21, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

He might not be forced into it, but she targets him with the duel start if he's around, but you might be able to redirect it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Yinlock posted:

Da Bull: Just loving murders you unless you roll heads on the strongest EGO. Also has a shitton of health.

I've built my MD2 team specifically to win a damage race with this rear end in a top hat. All the Gloom EGO, all of them T3 or T4, including Rhyme Shank to apply a bunch of sinking and stacks so I can pour on even more damage with that. I might lose a character a turn, but it's not living to see turn 4.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Whilst most of the fights (if not all?) are of new abnormalities, or at least aberrations, do you think we'll get any of the old ones back eventually. Off the top of my head the Magical Girls, Oz Group and Apocalypse Birds would make for appropriately interesting group fights.

The idea of fighting The Road Home where you have to take out Warm-Hearted Woodsman and Scarecrow seeking Knowledge before you can defeat her (and you cannot stop Scaredy Cat at all) sounds potentially fun. Although they might also be avoiding repeats from Library in terms of fights I guess.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Given that the Abnormalities themselves are currently located well outside of the City's limits, I think that we're probably going to see E.G.O but no actual fights against them.

But also I have already been proven an absolute nonce at least once so maybe they'll get desperate if they don't make enough numbers who knows.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TeeQueue posted:

Given that the Abnormalities themselves are currently located well outside of the City's limits, I think that we're probably going to see E.G.O but no actual fights against them.

But also I have already been proven an absolute nonce at least once so maybe they'll get desperate if they don't make enough numbers who knows.

Oh yeah, the ones from Library of Ruina would be in the Library wouldn't they. Although you could always present Angela releasing the invited enemies as accidentally releasing some abnormalities too. Also we could get aberrations of those abnormalities. I'd be down for the Sentai Ranger Team version of the Magical Girls for example.

Also I think at minimum the Apocalypse Bird should show up if we ever deal with a facility in District A B or C because well, it is meant to be representative of the Head.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1973530/announcements/detail/3680057008998278760

New attendance event, OO Rain-Yi Sang and OOO Olga-Outis.

Also the next update will improve the performances of the game on phones, which is absolutely great for me since the past month has been exceedingly silly with my phone getting super hot when doing the crab grind or around the 5th floor of MD2. :supaburn:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

microfolk posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/1973530/announcements/detail/3680057008998278760

New attendance event, OO Rain-Yi Sang and OOO Olga-Outis.

Also the next update will improve the performances of the game on phones, which is absolutely great for me since the past month has been exceedingly silly with my phone getting super hot when doing the crab grind or around the 5th floor of MD2. :supaburn:

Is this the first time we've had the same person as two separate identities (Ishmael Olga and Outis Olga). Although I guess they are different periods of time/versions of that character.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Is this the first time we've had the same person as two separate identities (Ishmael Olga and Outis Olga). Although I guess they are different periods of time/versions of that character.

Aren't Sunshower Heathcliff and Spicebush Yi Sang technically both Dongbaek?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Aumanor posted:

Aren't Sunshower Heathcliff and Spicebush Yi Sang technically both Dongbaek?

Hmmm, fair. I was thinking of Spicebush Yi Sang as closer in nature to One Who Shall Grip Sinclair. Where it is a "bad end" of the character rather than them swapping places with another character. Especially since Spicebush Yi Sang is more successful(?) than Dongbaek was. Whilst Sunshower Heathcliff is attached to the other EGO wearing Identities.

In fact I think that is an important difference, Sunshower Heathcliff is wearing an EGO suit, like Slosh Ishmael and Talisman Sinclair. Spicebush Yi Sang has actually attained the EGO in full.

Edit: That is an interesting thought in general. Some of the OOO Identities are "What if Sinner had this other persons life" and some are, whilst still connected to another character, "What if this Sinner's life had gone differently but in a way connected to their backstory." N Corp Sinclair and G Corp Gregor both feel like the latter, whereas Outis Olga and Ishmael Olga the former. Yi Sang could be either option, but the narrative for that identity does feel like it's "his" story, not him taking the place of Dongbaek.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 21, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Warp Hong Lu: Gives his buddies temporary Shields that also give them Charge when they expire.

Warp Ryoshu seems to be broadly similar to Don, but unlike Don who's Rip Space's Charge cost is strictly a 'close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades' deal, Ryoshu can always get the Coin Power, it's just a matter of whether you want to sacrifice her HP to do it or wait and get the Charge.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
I'm really curious to see how Warp Marlboro numbers will turn out to be, it would be interesting if the damage potential of her third skill will be sky high but with a very tricky charge requirement. Still it's nice to see how much variety there is amongst charge identities~

Also all bets are off for the meaning of Ryoshu's acronyms.

microfolk fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 21, 2023

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

microfolk posted:

I'm really curious to see how Warp Marlboro numbers will turn out to be, it would be interesting if the damage potential of her third skill will be sky high but with a very tricky charge requirement. Still it's nice to see how much variety there is amongst charge identities~

Also all bets are off for the meaning of Ryoshu's acronyms.

Energy Cycle and Dimensional Demon Edge, Dimensional Rift

The first is a common WARP team attack, and the other is just the name of her passive + the name of another common WARP team attack.

Just a shame that she didn't name Leap "L."

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, that reminds me, her Chef ID has three acronyms. "I.H." I can cross reference with the cards from Ruina, revealing that it's "Ingredient Hunt", and given that, her evade skill being "F.I. In Sight", I think that means 'Future Ingridient', but what do you think "P.C." means?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

Oh, that reminds me, her Chef ID has three acronyms. "I.H." I can cross reference with the cards from Ruina, revealing that it's "Ingredient Hunt", and given that, her evade skill being "F.I. In Sight", I think that means 'Future Ingridient', but what do you think "P.C." means?

Preparatory cutting or something like that.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei posted:

Cooking Prep but they couldn't put it in that order because they absolutely couldn't put it in that order.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I never had any particular issues with the Bull. If you cannot clash you can bring a tank, but even then there are enough high-roll E.G.O.s in the game that you can Clash quite comfortably even with its big moves.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

Warp Hong Lu: Gives his buddies temporary Shields that also give them Charge when they expire.

Warp Ryoshu seems to be broadly similar to Don, but unlike Don who's Rip Space's Charge cost is strictly a 'close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades' deal, Ryoshu can always get the Coin Power, it's just a matter of whether you want to sacrifice her HP to do it or wait and get the Charge.

W Ryoshu seems like W Don Except Better which is a terrifying thought, though no Telepole mitigates that somewhat. I guess this is why Don got those U4 buffs.

I do like the variance in her final skill's HP cost so you can work with it even if you draw it too early. She seems built around stacking as much Charge as possible given how her skills have multiple tiers of boosts. Also that evade die seems hilarious. Only real flaw is those on-kill passives.

W Hong Lu seems like a good W corp team player and seems like he'd work well with patching up W Meur's flaws in particular, those being he's kinda squishy for a tank-type and doesn't generate enough Charge.

e:

Theantero posted:

I never had any particular issues with the Bull. If you cannot clash you can bring a tank, but even then there are enough high-roll E.G.O.s in the game that you can Clash quite comfortably even with its big moves.

K Hong Lu(if his speed holds up) in particular trivializes it, but the main issue with the clash route is that you might not have the resources for the specific EGO or someone might botch a 95% and die.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 21, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yinlock posted:

W Ryoshu seems like W Don Except Better which is a terrifying thought, though no Telepole mitigates that somewhat. I guess this is why Don got those U4 buffs.
If you're going to be using W Ryoshu you're also gonna be using W Don, which means that Ryoshu technically has Telepole considering that the Corrosion at T4 gives everyone 12 charge.

W Ryoshu, if she turns out to be really good, doesn't replace W Don. Instead they synergize terrifyingly well.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

If you're going to be using W Ryoshu you're also gonna be using W Don, which means that Ryoshu technically has Telepole considering that the Corrosion at T4 gives everyone 12 charge.

W Ryoshu, if she turns out to be really good, doesn't replace W Don. Instead they synergize terrifyingly well.

Oh yeah I didn't mean to imply that they were in competition, just that her layout of "w don but better" is scary on it's own.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/SkriffCorp/status/1693726426648723881?t=J7XmhadPspVnRP9ouOIDbg&s=19

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/90wishes/status/1693743261737685083?s=20

this persons laying allegations directly against the mod team in the community discord server, impressive drama

vv ah right, forgot about twitter being a shambling corpse for a second
https://nitter.net/90wishes/status/1693743261737685083

YES bread fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 22, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

YES bread posted:

this persons laying allegations directly against the mod team in the community discord server, impressive drama

What does the thread talk about? I can't use twitter.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

YES bread posted:

This whole loving game is disintigrating in real time, holy poo poo. Not only has Project Moon itself found itself in deep poo poo due to dumbassery, but now the EN localization team is falling apart due to harassment and stalking from the exact same kind of right-wing dipshit that started this shitshow in the first place in a completely unrelated series of incidents. Poor Watson.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Is it bad that despite all of this, I don't want either Limbus to go completely underr, unfinished, or for the English localization to disappear and for it to be KR/JP only?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Is it bad that despite all of this, I don't want either Limbus to go completely underr, unfinished, or for the English localization to disappear and for it to be KR/JP only?
No. I don't want it to go under either. I want Project Moon to pull through this, rectify their mistakes and get their poo poo together rather than collapse.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GilliamYaeger posted:

This whole loving game is disintigrating in real time, holy poo poo. Not only has Project Moon itself found itself in deep poo poo due to dumbassery, but now the EN localization team is falling apart due to harassment and stalking from the exact same kind of right-wing dipshit that started this shitshow in the first place in a completely unrelated series of incidents. Poor Watson.

Not just that. It seems that PM had unrealistic work expectations by western standards, even American ones.

L.U.I.G.I posted:

What does the thread talk about? I can't use twitter.

Watson's letter:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-jpEYRXko9wOUoEWI6F8-FRxwovarXqCuNCoIeRGe2M/edit

"Skriffcorp" comment: (I have no idea who they are, but they seem to be friends of Watson?)
https://imgur.com/a/nA4YpIn

"Ezusiai" comment (another friend)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay thanks, I guess I'd just gotten it into my head because of a few people who's response to the Vellmori situation was "actually this is good. Burn PM to the ground for being sexist cowards with no spine, and for being terrible managers".

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

No. I don't want it to go under either. I want Project Moon to pull through this, rectify their mistakes and get their poo poo together rather than collapse.

:same:

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I don't want Project Moon to go away forever but I'd be perfectly happy to hear they're going on hiatus for half a year while they get their poo poo together, because lord knows they seem to need it at this point.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

another tick for "management is a complete shitshow"

e: also yeah i don't know what the complaints are about but there's a particular brand of obsessive fan(typically but not always right-wing) who gets extremely mad about any perceived translation error, usually when a story goes in a direction they don't like. this, completely logically, eventually forms a delusion that the translater is hitler

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 22, 2023

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
A harassment campaign because a character said 'Shuckaroonies!' instead of 'drat it!' or whatever sure is something.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Junpei posted:

no it is not bad, it would be nice if they got their poo poo together (and/or told the bad whiners to shut up)

above posters have put it better

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006
gatcha players continuing to be the most insane, toxic, lovely parts of the gaming "community"

the project moon community seemed pretty fine until the gatcha started!

this sort of toxicity was inevitable and they were never prepared to be able to stand up to any of the heat that comes from the psychotic coomer chuds that populate pretty much all of the anime titty girl gamble box games. when you get people addicted to their constant dopamine fomo hamster wheel they just become more and more demanding and unreasonable, and add the sunk cost element and it's just a recipe for disaster

this poo poo bums me out so bad, I really loved LobCorp & Ruina... the gatcha just seems inevitable to either a) become the only game they do ever again due to constant content crunch/staffing demands overriding all other focus to pursue the fat mobile hell financial gains or b) collapse of the company with the gatcha going up in flames

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

They redid the Library of Ruina ending because of Chinese fans review bombing the game.

Also the main reason they decided to do Limbus as a gacha was indeed to make money, specifically to fund the other games. Although obviously the demands on their time are real (and not being managed well).

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
blaming all this on gacha reeks of cope when the mismanagement and worker mistreatment issues were happening well before Limbus. not to say expanding to that audience didn't exacerbate things, but a lot of this is just chickens coming home to roost.

like, the morons screeching about localization have nothing to do with the type of game it is. those people exist all over the place.

YES bread fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blankspace
Dec 13, 2006

YES bread posted:

blaming all this on gacha reeks of cope when the mismanagement and worker mistreatment issues were happening well before Limbus. not to say expanding to that audience didn't exacerbate things, but a lot of this is just chickens coming home to roost.

like, the morons screeching about localization have nothing to do with the type of game it is. those people exist all over the place.

right but their mismanagement and mistreatment issues come to a way more explosive head when dramatically expanding the scope to something that has infinite time and financial commitments and infinite unreasonable demands from a considerably larger and considerably more financially invested audience they obviously weren't prepared to deal with. i don't see this getting better short of hiring new management who know how to tame a project like this.

but yes absolutely it's cope, i'm just bummed it's unlikely to ever see a non-gacha game from them in the future! even if they make one, it's pretty soured (for me) by all of this.

sorry i said bad things about gacha, I got bad rolls and it gave me psychic damage