Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And here's the official release:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-1/chapter/40036?action=read

Also Viz seems to be counting this as a separate series so update your bookmarks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

honestly? pretty interesting from the jump

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, still not a fan of Sarada’s new design but otherwise this is a pretty good way to start the timeskip (curious how the anime handles it since it stopped prior to the whole Boruto/Kawaki switcheroo).

I also wonder how much longer the series is going to last at this point and how the village gets wrecked as we see in the prologue.

Speaking of, there’s still no word on when the anime’s coming back is there? I know we’ve got a few Naruto specials coming soon at least

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Haha! Bloody code’s memories were also rewritten. So he doesn’t count as Ohtsosuki. He’s so pathetic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nice to see Himawari ninja-ing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Nice to see Himawari ninja-ing.

Agreed, I like her new look as well (hopefully she’ll be more important this time around as it seems the spell couldn’t fully change her memories)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Still reading but I wanna put on record that the term "shinjutsu" makes me wanna throw up

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth TNT posted:

Haha! Bloody code’s memories were also rewritten. So he doesn’t count as Ohtsosuki. He’s so pathetic.

He's trying his best with only one eye in a world which refuses to ever let him win!

For the overall chapter...

I like how Shikamaru looks in the Hokage cloak. And it's nice to see Konohamaru with a promotion since he'd be otherwise pretty idle. I wonder if Sarada got demoted back to genin (I think being openly pro-Boruto for three years could do it) or if this is just the manga differing from the anime.

Time skip Himawari seems well adjusted all thing considered. It's interesting that she wants to help Boruto...and not because of some sibling connection. It seems that Kawaki made a deeper impression on her than probably anyone realized.

Honestly, the chapter covered a lot of ground but I'm still annoyed we didn't see 1. how Sakura is doing and 2. if Amado's daughter was revived.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 20, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
What bothers me way more than Sarada's outfit is that the artist always draws her pigeon-toed

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

I also wonder how much longer the series is going to last at this point and how the village gets wrecked as we see in the prologue.

Watch Shikamaru start a loving war

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Not sure how I feel about this timeskip. The pacing is very weird.

With Naruto's timeskip the Sasuke rescue plot continued but it also soft rebooted in a way with the new Team 7, the Akatsuki, and the Hidden Sand mission. This is basically a direct continuation of the plot that could've happened the next day and not 3 years later. In this case the timeskip feels like more a rebrand to generate interest again. We don't really understand the extent of Boruto leaving for 3 years before he already comes back.

Why do Shikadai/Chocho/Inojin have baby faces still while Boruto/Sarada/Mitsuki look old

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Shneak posted:

Not sure how I feel about this timeskip. The pacing is very weird.

With Naruto's timeskip the Sasuke rescue plot continued but it also soft rebooted in a way with the new Team 7, the Akatsuki, and the Hidden Sand mission. This is basically a direct continuation of the plot that could've happened the next day and not 3 years later. In this case the timeskip feels like more a rebrand to generate interest again. We don't really understand the extent of Boruto leaving for 3 years before he already comes back.

Why do Shikadai/Chocho/Inojin have baby faces still while Boruto/Sarada/Mitsuki look old

I was just coming to comment on some of the art. The last page of boruto and sarada next to each other looks off. Like young boruto head on a really tall body, it looks like the torso has an extra inch in it or so.

I did love the panel with boruto's appearance though, really dynamic entry.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Shneak posted:

Yeah, the character modeling is one of the weakest aspects of this manga. Thankfully the anime has always done a solid job of taking a lot of the character models and costumes and making them look good and less ick.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki have had a really stressful 3 years to be fair.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Kingtheninja posted:

I did love the panel with boruto's appearance though, really dynamic entry.

I check this manga quarterly and don't really know the plot but Boruto's first appearance here is one of the best reintroductions I've ever seen.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Abdul_S17/status/1695829280792437036

quote:

NARUTO 20th anniversary anime will begin broadcasting from next week Sunday (9/3). The broadcast will be for four consecutive weeks (9/3 - 9/24)!!

Each episode will be 30 mins. We will be getting a new opening version of FLOW’s theme song “GO!!!!” (20th anniversary version) and a new ending theme song cover of “Viva☆Rock”, also by FLOW

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm unclear as to what this is exactly. Is it just 4 episodes recapping the anime?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

I'm unclear as to what this is exactly. Is it just 4 episodes recapping the anime?

New material set in the OG Naruto timeline pre-Shippuden as far as I’m aware

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Four episodes of Rock Lee punching kangaroos, except now it's canon and not filler

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do we know if we’re officially getting these in the west (I assume somebody will fansub them if not)?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Bort's world +3 years REALLY enjoys having multiple belts it seems.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1696468149628195151

"oops, nevermind"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://naruto-official.com/en/news/01_1555
https://naruto-official.com/en/news/01_1562

Using science to explore the physics of sand, like being able to harden it with milk, or sodium silicate and carbon dioxide, or turn it into a liquid by pumping air into it, and stopping the flow cases it to thicken (Although thankfully they haven't quite figured out how to increase the pressure to recreate the Sand Coffin)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vinylshadow posted:

https://naruto-official.com/en/news/01_1555
https://naruto-official.com/en/news/01_1562

Using science to explore the physics of sand, like being able to harden it with milk, or sodium silicate and carbon dioxide, or turn it into a liquid by pumping air into it, and stopping the flow cases it to thicken (Although thankfully they haven't quite figured out how to increase the pressure to recreate the Sand Coffin)

The second one (which is neater IMO) actually makes a lot of sense. It's just doing something to make the sand more permeable, and then turning that effect off once someone's in it. I feel like I'd get insane claustrophobia from having most of my body immersed in the sand and unable to move.

Probably something you could make actual dangerous traps with IRL; just have a pool of sand with the air pumped into it, drop people into the sand, and turn off the air pumping. Or having a bed of sand, people walk on it, and then turn on the air, causing them to sink, and then turn it back on.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018834

New chappy.

Apparently Boruto did what Naruto mostly didn't during his timeskip.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

drat, I can't wait for the next chapter after that final page. Boruto just being ice cold is great.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's a bad sign that some of the Claw Grimes are able to talk/have a Rinnegan right?

Please survive my beautiful jobber Code.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Of course Bort comes back with a sword and a full-body rasengan after training with Sasuke.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, Boruto is cool now (though on the other hand his personality seems to have become a bit more Sasuke-esque but that’s understandable). Still not a fan of Sarada’s design but post timeskip Cho Cho looks pretty good at least

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sindai posted:

Of course Bort comes back with a sword and a full-body rasengan after training with Sasuke.

Seems like Sasuke taught him about the beasts in great depth too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So Himawari thanks to the jutsu thinks Kawaki is her older brother now?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Seems like it, though based on the previous chapter a part of her apparently still has some attachment to Boruto

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Oh man, Code is really being set up as becoming the butt monkey. I fully expect Buoruto to kick his ads and end up eaten by the ten tails in the future.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

Anime even had a whole arc about it before it became reality

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

Anime even had a whole arc about it before it became reality

Huh. I might have to watch it for the novelty of being a shonen battle arc not really about the main character.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, good for bort. he managed to grow up a bit without going full edgelord due to sasuke's influence.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, good for bort. he managed to grow up a bit without going full edgelord due to sasuke's influence.

It is nice he genuinely wants to help considering uh...well everything.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Bort: "What do we do now?"

Sask: "Imprison the nine Bijuu and use their power to become an evil god-tyrant Hokage for the world to unite in opposition against you."

Bort: "What?"

Sask: "What?"

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cool developments for Boruto, though Sarada's lovely design stands out even more when more characters show up. Is it so difficult to just give her a reasonably cool ninja/warrior looking outfit? Why's it gotta look like a reject PS2 era Final Fantasy design of impracticality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

Cool developments for Boruto, though Sarada's lovely design stands out even more when more characters show up. Is it so difficult to just give her a reasonably cool ninja/warrior looking outfit? Why's it gotta look like a reject PS2 era Final Fantasy design of impracticality.

Yeah, really not sure what happened there as Cho Cho and Himawari look great (in fact of the ones that visibly changed Sarada’s pretty much the only post timeskip design I have an issue with)