Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Kaysette posted:

i'm just not that bothered by it :shrug:

other mods may feel differently, or the IKs here

my main job is hitting people who do way worse poo poo

i kinda feel like if half a dozen people are saying "hey this behaviour makes this thread bad" its ultimately easier and better for the thread if you make some effort to address it instead of like, telling them to use the ignore feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

El Scandelouse posted:

This early access game sucks rear end and I hate it. *Goes back to playing it for another 70 hours*

That's hosed up, I can see why you Want Something Done

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Verviticus posted:

i kinda feel like if half a dozen people are saying "hey this behaviour makes this thread bad" its ultimately easier and better for the thread if you make some effort to address it instead of like, telling them to use the ignore feature

Dude has some dirt on the mods or something. I guess he hacked their butthole pics.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

El Scandelouse posted:

So you aren’t bothered by someone making GBS threads up a thread you are tasked with moderating by saying the game is early access or just spewing other bullshit without contributing? How is posting a picture of a confused looking guy “way worse poo poo”?

Dude has had several complaints and you are just like yeah it’s just vibe whatever. Im just gonna take my contribution and ability to help other people to discord and other mediums since you won’t do your loving “job”.

The game is early access bullshit tho

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

theres gotta be ways you can be in this thread and saying the things you wanna say without being really loving annoying about it

i guess this is how i’m looking at it. shitposting, white noise, its whatever. but if most of what you’re bringing to the table is just grating stuff that makes people not want to read the thread, maybe it’s time to find a funnier way to talk about it or a better thread to fit your vibe

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

flashman posted:

Okay.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

At level 89 and the journey from 83 to here has had 1 upgrade, and that was an offensive to defensive adjustment from a mad wolfs glee that rolled good damage but bad dr and movespeed to a mad wolfs glee that rolled bad offense but good dr and movespeed. Still waiting on a 3x defensive chest I can roll a 4th affix onto.

This is more or less what's killing it for me. The chain CC deaths are goddamn annoying, the lack of content is evident, and I hate picking up everything... but the lack of gear upgrades is making this a hell it doesn't need to be. Forget the MH/OH setup I want, just finding a 2h to replace my 813 one is impossible and it's not even that good. It's just the best thing I had sitting in my bank when I lost my super dope 825 I found early on to hosed up vendor controls.

I have a 3/4 ring I've spent over 100m so far trying to roll vuln on to and that's the closest thing I've seen to an upgrade.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
I wonder if I would catch a probe if I went into the BG3 thread and was like “I don’t play the game but this is early access trash” and if you say anything contrary I’ll just say oh yeah the game makes me mad too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

El Scandelouse posted:

I wonder if I would catch a probe if I went into the BG3 thread and was like “I don’t play the game but this is early access trash” and if you say anything contrary I’ll just say oh yeah the game makes me mad too.

Please take this meta-discussion over to the feedback thread.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I think it should be fine to be disappointed in d4, personally.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

flashman posted:

i dunno if blizzard does early access. is this game even on steam?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
bungie is a far better developer than blizz atp and its sad. Considering that bar is in the soil approaching hell

monetization, chase exotics, mp experience

bliz has learned only the wrong lessons and is repeating its mistakes over and over. probably the last launch blizzard game I buy tbqh

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

ex post facho posted:

bungie is a far better developer than blizz atp and its sad. Considering that bar is in the soil approaching hell

monetization, chase exotics, mp experience

bliz has learned only the wrong lessons and is repeating its mistakes over and over. probably the last launch blizzard game I buy tbqh

d2s pvp netcode is awful but everything else is pretty fun.

idk it is weird this thread is so inundated with people being aggressive about how much they hate the game. i get that its not perfect but also its a 40 hour playthrough with a fun story and mechanics which is better than like, 80% of AAA releases at this point.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Not really. considering this is a AAA dev with hundreds of millions of $ behind it the fact that they can't even approach feature parity with their own decade old+ games is inexcusable

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I don't even play POEII but he fact that one loving video is enough to show me how bad d4 is in comparison makes me want to stop playing blizz poo poo is really funny especially considering its f2p

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
when bg3 releases on ps5 I'll probly put down d4 forever tbqh

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

ex post facho posted:

Not really. considering this is a AAA dev with hundreds of millions of $ behind it the fact that they can't even approach feature parity with their own decade old+ games is inexcusable

This is a problem with modern gaming and it sucks. I went into d4 with very low expectations and ended up having a great time for sixty hours before hitting the end game loop and seeing that it wasn't fun. There are people in this thread that love that loop so I'll just assume they've designed it with that group of people in mind.

I've said it since very early on that the end game to be felt bare bones and season one feels like a very poorly executed season when compared to the competition. However PoE has had plenty of missteps and I'm still happy to boot that ever season.

Think the general consensus is that there's a lot of potential and eventually we'll get the full experience they probably should have had at launch.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

faantastic posted:

This is a problem with modern gaming and it sucks. I went into d4 with very low expectations and ended up having a great time for sixty hours before hitting the end game loop and seeing that it wasn't fun. There are people in this thread that love that loop so I'll just assume they've designed it with that group of people in mind.

I've said it since very early on that the end game to be felt bare bones and season one feels like a very poorly executed season when compared to the competition. However PoE has had plenty of missteps and I'm still happy to boot that ever season.

Think the general consensus is that there's a lot of potential and eventually we'll get the full experience they probably should have had at launch.

correct. when it approaches feature parity with d2r /d3r:ros it might be worth playing again once the campaign is done. Until then there's far better games worth your time an there's nothing wrong with that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Always gonna lol at the high effort posts that are just "I ate my plate of Diablo spaghetti too fast and I want MORE"

Just pipe down, roll another of the 5 characters, and if you finished em all, touch grass til Season 2

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
it's not even that, it's the utter stagnation and frankly regression from a studio with all the money in the world to innovate

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Always gonna lol at the high effort posts that are just "I ate my plate of Diablo spaghetti too fast and I want MORE"

Just pipe down, roll another of the 5 characters, and if you finished em all, touch grass til Season 2

It tasted too good and now I’m mad it’s all gone.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
(chubby cheeks lady howls at the moon, turns into a wolf and throws a tornado at the daughter of hatred)

Discerning Gamers: sigh... If I had a nickel

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i'm having fun clicking and I think the campaign story is way more entertaining and compelling than I was expecting :)

granted, my expectations for a blizz story was pretty low

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.
All I want is a more authentic, artisanal, mom-and-pop ARPG experience, rather than this big faceless sanitized corporate product

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

El Scandelouse posted:

If you played the amount of D4 I have, you would have beaten BG3 twice and probably had a way better time.

Anyway if you wanna stop hateposting about me, let's go back to talking about the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAmwChz2aZ0

Loot filters coming in 2024

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

:stare:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
for those like me who don’t really have context on how much that is relatively this site says the peak viewers was close to a million during what looks like a beta. idk what a day to day good stream amount for a AAA game is but i’m guessing it’s closer to the 1M than 1K

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

harrygomm posted:

for those like me who don’t really have context on how much that is relatively this site says the peak viewers was close to a million during what looks like a beta. idk what a day to day good stream amount for a AAA game is but i’m guessing it’s closer to the 1M than 1K
1 million is only achieved when something is new and exciting, thats definitely not a normal day-to-day amount. the biggest stream games like valorant manage 500k at peak hours, and average 100k. and competitive multiplayer games are always gonna trend way higher.

that said yes the stream numbers rn arent very high, theyre averagine 6k viewers in the past month which is the range of like, for instance, maple story, a decades old mmo, and elden ring, which came out a lot longer ago.

however its not a complete dumpster fire or anything. its still in the top 65 or so games on twitch in terms of average viewers.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Verviticus posted:

i dunno if blizzard does early access. is this game even on steam?

They don't because we're suckers who buy it anyway and say it has good bones and then buy the expansions that fix it up and are very successful at making money.

I wish I could find some boots with 4 evades and max plus teleport, I think I could maybe do nm 80 with the teleport around oculus build with a little more cdr. Losing the 25 percent Dr from having blizzard hurts but the barber is just so nice and the large lucky hit chance of teleport really gets enough meteors going (along with the orb enchant as well) to kill stuff np with the barber. The cd is like two seconds too long on teleport still to make it a real useful build.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

harrygomm posted:

to add a bit of context because I dropped that in here with none:

major games that are popular and are at all watchable tend to hang around 20-50k with significantly more during major events/tournaments/expansions/new launches/sponsored streaming events, etc. in D4's case the number is remarkable because it's both a really rapid descent from what was a fairly widely watched game (and in streaming terms, arpgs are considered quite streaming-friendly because there's a lot of time to focus on chat/community interaction plus the play sessions and goals people are playing towards tend to be relatively long term, which makes for good streaming content). also I've been looking at that number for a while and it only actually went down about 1k for the poe season, so while that contributes, it definitely isn't the reason why the number is so low, it was 3-4k for most of the week before the new poe season.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Irrespective of gameplay Diablo IV is not really a watchable steaming experience, especially now that it's like a whole month into the first season. In D2R you can just zone out and watch 1,000+ Chaos Sanctuary run compilations for epic loot. In D3 there's GR pushing and leaderboards that keep the chase alive past the opening week of a season, usually with some pretty significant changes to sets and itemization. I hesitate to imagine what really exists in Diablo IV for people to watch others play. It's all pretty much identical content from 1-100 and legendaries don't have their own unique identities anymore outside of a few exceedingly unlikely drops, so nobody is going "oh poo poo a HoZ," they're going "oh boy a max rolled legendary aspect that I can watch someone painfully extracting for 5 minutes to put on a rare in town." Dungeons are slow to open and slow to complete. It's just not a very watchable game, even if you do enjoy it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Irrespective of gameplay Diablo IV is not really a watchable steaming experience, especially now that it's like a whole month into the first season. In D2R you can just zone out and watch 1,000+ Chaos Sanctuary run compilations for epic loot. In D3 there's GR pushing and leaderboards that keep the chase alive past the opening week of a season, usually with some pretty significant changes to sets and itemization. I hesitate to imagine what really exists in Diablo IV for people to watch others play. It's all pretty much identical content from 1-100 and legendaries don't have their own unique identities anymore outside of a few exceedingly unlikely drops, so nobody is going "oh poo poo a HoZ," they're going "oh boy a max rolled legendary aspect that I can watch someone painfully extracting for 5 minutes to put on a rare in town." Dungeons are slow to open and slow to complete. It's just not a very watchable game, even if you do enjoy it.

I dipped into it a bit to get the loot drops and from what I could tell everyone was just there to chat with the streamer because there wasn't really anything to follow with the gameplay.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
Posting about posting is usually a sign a game IS actually bad I’ve found unfortunately. If someone is spamming about posters, it’s because there isn’t anything exciting to really talk about.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

exquisite tea posted:

Was about to say, these games don't get big game views on a good day just because they're niche. A random person tuning in for any non-story ARPG gameplay is not seeing interesting stuff happening on screen.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Lord Packinham posted:

Posting about posting is usually a sign a game IS actually bad I’ve found unfortunately. If someone is spamming about posters, it’s because there isn’t anything exciting to really talk about.

The game isn’t bad though. They have areas to improve on but they released a complete experience. I thought the campaign was pretty fun. I’ve got two level 100 characters and have killed Uber Lilith/cleared a nm100 in s1. Even if they stopped updating the game today I got 300 some hours out of it which is more than a lot of games these days.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Posting seriously about how "watchable" a game is is an absurd and hilarious thing my younger self never imagined.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I guess this is the last thing I can think to say after the disaster of the last three pages, as well as realizing I don't want to play the game like its my job just to maybe kill Uber Lilith. I don't think the next 350 NMDs will be better than the 50ish I've done. See you in S2, I'll be a Druid or Necro.

D4 is a good game if you wanted a standalone Diablo game that doesn't embarrass itself with the writing and gives you five classes to have meaty experimentation with.

D4 is currently mediocre if you deep dive analyze it compared to most competitors and its own previous games, especially in regards to end game grinding and itemization, or the ideal fantasy of "I happily played Diablo 2 for 10-20 years, why am I bored of D4 already?"

I can hold these two thoughts in my head simultaneously, D4 is fun to mock when the devs misstep, I hope I don't get meta-irony burned for this scaling hot take.

Oh, and D4 is fair game to mock as early access until they manage the herculean task of functioning resistances, lmao. I know there's the matter of if EA is the proper term to use but even the D4 defenders(like myself) have been musing the entire time that D4 will really be something in a year when they're done adding in the features it needs to be polished(bigger/better season mechanics, loot 2.0, dramatically better unique pools and redoing existing uniques itemization, the devs themselves offering new endgame content from S2 on, resistances, etc.) Almost like it released. Early. A year early. And you can play it in that incomplete state. Hmm.

Seriously fellas there's almost an entire act and region missing from the campaign, lol. OK, if it's not EA it's definitely rushed, which is just another way of saying it came out too early.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 21, 2023

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

El Scandelouse posted:

The game isn’t bad though. They have areas to improve on but they released a complete experience. I thought the campaign was pretty fun. I’ve got two level 100 characters and have killed Uber Lilith/cleared a nm100 in s1. Even if they stopped updating the game today I got 300 some hours out of it which is more than a lot of games these days.

Its almost as if what you subjectively enjoy others don't, and they have different opinions of the quality of the game based on these preferences.... Crazy..

I thought the campaign was a chore and wasn't really interested in the story, because it's a diablo game. I had fun between say levels 50-75 on a few dudes but overall its pretty bare bones and the items stink.

flashman fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 21, 2023

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I thought it was an 8/10 campaign, 6/10 WT3 where it was alright but the cracks started to show, and the meat of WT4 is a 3/10. Overall a mediocre or below average game for me. I probably would have been fine at a $40 price tag like Last Epoch (which is a much better game in every measure except for visuals/animations).

The devs themselves have mentioned the end game they envisioned is not in game yet, the resists are busted, no loot filter, contradictory design with NM dungeons being the only worthwhile activity yet not meant to be the end game, super awkward aspect management system, an entire world tier in beta that was removed from the game, etc. If that's not EA, what is?

bamhand fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

El Scandelouse posted:

So you aren’t bothered by someone making GBS threads up a thread you are tasked with moderating by saying the game is early access or just spewing other bullshit without contributing? How is posting a picture of a confused looking guy “way worse poo poo”?

Dude has had several complaints and you are just like yeah it’s just vibe whatever. Im just gonna take my contribution and ability to help other people to discord and other mediums since you won’t do your loving “job”.

You are making GBS threads up the thread way worse with this weird baby tantrum.