Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

I just recently realized the actor who plays that guy is the same guy that's in everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Humphreys posted:

No Milton don't be greedy, lets pass it along and make sure everyone gets a piece.

poo poo, I'm almost as old as Lumbergh.

Lumbergh hosed her.

This happened to me irl once. I did not set the building on fire though.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Mauser posted:

I just recently realized the actor who plays that guy is the same guy that's in everything

Who, Stephen Root? He’s pretty famous

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mauser posted:

Yeah, I knew him as Milton and Bill Dauterive from KOTH for a very long time, finding out he played roles other than fat schlubs was quite the realization.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I liked him as Gaston Means on Boardwalk Empire.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Consistent quality as Fuches on Barry.

:clint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WG6Pg-4p5U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Pm-NDng9I

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Jimmy James on Newsradio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5Hgzayhj8

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

oh poo poo, i never knew

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Great as the blind guy in O Brother Where Art Tho

Oh yeah and Dodgeball

Dude has incredible range

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Takes No Damage posted:

Consistent quality as Fuches on Barry.
:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq2a9Ihr9ac

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Also starring a bonus Higgins Boys and Gruber.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Root is great in everything. I love that he can play hyper confident/competent as well as... You know, Milton.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Pyf Stephen Root. Yeah he's in everything and he's great. I love him as Finn's dad in adventure time: the interplanetary grifter scumbag

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

He's even played a vampire! Dude can do it all.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
the rare character actor where I DIDN'T notice it was him.

Still reeling from finding out he was Fuches. I've enjoyed so many of his roles and just...not realized

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
He had a good role in No Country For Old Men as well

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TotalLossBrain posted:

He had a good role in No Country For Old Men as well

That one's great, rewatching it was where I finally looked him up and made the connection.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
He’s good in everything, but my favorite Root is also Jimmy James.

https://youtu.be/C_lJwddrKyU

NewsRadio was such a great show. I even liked the post-Hartman season.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Wasn't he bubbles in finding nemo?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

UwUnabomber posted:

Thank God I finally have an excuse to post a picture of this thing on SA.

I bought the 20th Anniversary Edition of Postal and it came with a Krotchy brand Nutrag.

The real star of this image is the sticker on the left

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

a sexual elk posted:

Great as the blind guy in O Brother Where Art Tho
And the blind guy in Get Out!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

One wad of cake, please.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Why was Ron Jeremy there?

Edit: I guess we can argue that makes it cursed.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

*kapwinggg*
PAN SHOT!
*pyoooo*
PAN SHOT!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

chglcu posted:

He’s good in everything, but my favorite Root is also Jimmy James.

https://youtu.be/C_lJwddrKyU

NewsRadio was such a great show. I even liked the post-Hartman season.

Counterpoint: if News Radio had flopped, we probably wouldn’t have Joe Rogan today

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Counterpoint: if News Radio had flopped, we probably wouldn’t have Joe Rogan today

If Newsradio had continued, we probably wouldn't have Joe Rogan today. In fact, most of the world's current problems can be traced directly back to Phil Hartman's death.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

NewsRadio was possibly my earliest internet discovery. I don't know if it aired here, but I never saw it on TV. I came across it randomly as a Winamp Shoutcast video stream and was hooked.

Then I downloaded horrible quality RealVideo rips from Kazaa or similar.

I also discovered MST3K via Shoutcast. Great service.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

McGavin posted:

If Newsradio had continued, we probably wouldn't have Joe Rogan today. In fact, most of the world's current problems can be traced directly back to Phil Hartman's death.

So what you’re saying is that this is all Andy Dick’s fault on some level

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

lobsterminator posted:

NewsRadio was possibly my earliest internet discovery. I don't know if it aired here, but I never saw it on TV. I came across it randomly as a Winamp Shoutcast video stream and was hooked.

It has maybe my favorite instance of 'the cast got a lot more money for season 2 and it shows' syndrome. Vicki Lewis got in shape to cut diamonds with those abs :stare:

90s :airquote: office attire:

Frank Frank posted:

So what you’re saying is that this is all Andy Dick’s fault on some level

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

If I could travel back to witness any moment in history it would be when jon lovitz smashed Andy dicks face into a bar

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Someone on these very forums made an animation of that, does anyone got that?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Takes No Damage posted:

It has maybe my favorite instance of 'the cast got a lot more money for season 2 and it shows' syndrome. Vicki Lewis got in shape to cut diamonds with those abs :stare:

90s :airquote: office attire:

None of this is cursed.
Thanks for bringing back some fond memories though.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

She's got her heels down, good form.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

It has maybe my favorite instance of 'the cast got a lot more money for season 2 and it shows' syndrome.

Another fun story related to that was that Dave Foley divorced from his wife either before News Radio began or during the first season. Either way he had to pay half his income to her which at the time was nothing special.

But then News Radio was getting popular and Foley started making the big money, which lead to a huge fight where he refused to pay any additional alimony to his wife.

I'm not sure if it has been settled by now, but for a long time Foley had an active warrant against him and couldn't return to Canada without being arrested.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Vakal posted:

Another fun story related to that was that Dave Foley divorced from his wife either before News Radio began or during the first season. Either way he had to pay half his income to her which at the time was nothing special.

But then News Radio was getting popular and Foley started making the big money, which lead to a huge fight where he refused to pay any additional alimony to his wife.

I'm not sure if it has been settled by now, but for a long time Foley had an active warrant against him and couldn't return to Canada without being arrested.

Not to get pedantic, but it wasn't that Foley refused to pay additional alimony. It's that the alimony\child support was calculated while he was on NewsRadio (making very good money), then he wasn't able to get a judge to lower it after he stopped doing NewsRadio (and had trouble getting any work that paid anything close to that). Basically, in Canada, there's a law about maintaining the lifestyle that the child is accustomed to, and they wouldn't account for the volatility\swings of an acting career-based paycheck. Also in Canada, child support is owed until the kid is in their twenties, so that's why he was stuck with it for so long, racking up back payment dues.

Also, bad divorces were kind of a unifier for the cast, as I believe Foley, Root, and Tierney all had divorces around the same time and would commiserate with each other after filming. I think that's a big part of why the cast was so solid; in addition to individual talents, that off-screen bonding was clutch.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Well someone really liked those terrible Sleeping Beauty books that Anne Rice wrote.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MrMidnight posted:

Lumbergh hosed her.

This happened to me irl once. I did not set the building on fire though.

You thought your gf hosed your boss but it was a different coworker??

Vakal
May 11, 2008

marjorie posted:

Not to get pedantic, but it wasn't that Foley refused to pay additional alimony. It's that the alimony\child support was calculated while he was on NewsRadio (making very good money), then he wasn't able to get a judge to lower it after he stopped doing NewsRadio

Ah your right, I had it switched around. That makes more sense.

I just found it funny that one of the Kids In The Hall would get tackled by the RCMP if he ever set foot back in Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005