Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blackhawk posted:

Sharing Bl*sky codes in the x the everything thread should be bannable IMO

Yup. It's the opening salvo into getting morons posting a bunch at Jeffery to implement epic Bluesky tweet embeds. We are close to a reckoning - no more SM embeds are close at hand .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. LeCum.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

🙏🏻

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

If Web 4.0 is nothing but recipes and pets, that would not be so bad

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

titty_baby_ posted:

Ah yes, the collapsing human population

When people talk about populations collapsing you can usually infer that they mean populations of people that are exactly like them.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

titty_baby_ posted:

Ah yes, the collapsing human population

he means white people, op

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
yeah Elon is talking about white people. he’s freaking out about white populations

efb but has he ever dogwhistled by saying “western populations” because that’s usually how these guys say it

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

they say civilization

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Many people see Twitter as a tool to entertain themselves primarily by harassing people they don't like

I mean this is what I do and I'd be happy if Musk got rid of blocking but I am making the worst dumbest people alive miserable.

kneelbeforezog
Nov 13, 2019
It's funny that https://twitter.com/ElonMuskAOC/status/1691541812807135232 the parody account of Musk, never actually makes fun of Musk, but instead just defends Musk in the most childish ways. Its a parody of what a parody account is supposed to be, ironically.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

NofrikinfuN posted:

When people talk about populations collapsing you can usually infer that they mean populations of people that are exactly like them.
Yes, he probably googled Nigeria Projected Population and started to panic as the average boers.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Dumb question but why would energy consumption be on an infinite growing curve? Wouldn’t that imply infinite space to expand and the earth is anything but?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Dumb question but why would energy consumption be on an infinite growing curve? Wouldn’t that imply infinite space to expand and the earth is anything but?

Not very familiar with capitalism where number must go up forever regardless of all other externalities?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

thinking number can't go up forever is malthusian!!!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1693630809683505424?t=2k1UBKZ_JG2Z588rougZWw&s=19

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

uh yeah, definitely.

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022

democracy dies in farkness

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'll take one of those bluesky codes if there are any more floating around

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/08/28/elon-musks-shadow-rule
How the U.S. government came to rely on the tech billionaire—and is now struggling to rein him in.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Uh, yeah, the human population of x dot com is ABSOLUTELY collapsing.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

it's called X you're supposed to leave it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

In Training posted:

for all the bullshit Tesla pulls they still have a number of large scale domestic auto manufacturing plants that have 0 union presence and a company mandate to absolutely crush that spirit whenever possible. Which is actually valuable for capitalists, and would be the one pillar that would remain if Tesla were to ever collapse, in your terms. I think that may also be a kernel of their value.

tesla's value is pretty much entirely in their charging network; it's not like legacy automakers could rid themselves of the pesky unions by buying out tesla

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/status/1693641090463674511

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Groovelord Neato posted:

I mean this is what I do and I'd be happy if Musk got rid of blocking but I am making the worst dumbest people alive miserable.

:same:

Get rid of blocking and you'll see just how thin skinned these chuds are.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ronan's gonna get banned

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

if the remove blocking I'll gladly sign up to shitpost to all the haters and losers

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

too german didn’t read

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

kneelbeforezog posted:

It's funny that https://twitter.com/ElonMuskAOC/status/1691541812807135232 the parody account of Musk, never actually makes fun of Musk, but instead just defends Musk in the most childish ways. Its a parody of what a parody account is supposed to be, ironically.

I am fairly certain that account started out pretending to be AOC making a parody musk account and posting creepy poo poo implying AOC just wanted to gently caress elon.

edit: it's probably run by elon or someone he knows

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

yeah that’s the point

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/alibarbie3/status/1693643134737989828

musk ftw

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

quote:

“This was, like, three minutes before he [Musk] said, ‘Well, I had this great conversation with Putin,’ ” the senior defense official told me. “And we were, like, ‘Oh, dear, this is not good.’ ”

After reading the article, I honestly wonder why the CIA hasn't capped or blacksited his rear end already.

The same dude posting dank memes and flushing 44bn down the sink (Sink. HA. get it?), who challenged Zuck to fisticuffs and flew to Japan to harass his ex on stage is making "peace plans" and is asked for input in multiple nation's conflicts.

All while personally guinea-pigging the human tolerance levels for ketamine and god knows what else.

mcbexx has issued a correction as of 18:49 on Aug 21, 2023

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

ever heard of mars? problem solved

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

defense industry to elon: :byetankie:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

that's elon's real hand and fingers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

real Earth too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Proof the intelligence agencies ain’t what they used to be.