Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
It’s that time of year!

https://twitter.com/newlegacyinc/status/1693376324784578985?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

God drat these guys know how to sell a game like Fight Forever, I'm dying laughing at the Fenix squash over here. Sure would be nice if this game actually got some support!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Did they ever release the next dlc pack?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RandolphCarter posted:

Did they ever release the next dlc pack?

Nope. Not a word from the devs since launch as far as I can tell.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

explosivo posted:

Nope. Not a word from the devs since launch as far as I can tell.

Shame.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah it feels dead. I haven't played it in months

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
They put out a news blurb on August 1 saying they're working on stuff and stay tuned to the AEWGames twitter for more...aaaaand nothing since then. They already missed the proposed release date of DLC 2 (July 26?) and now are going to miss the Hookhausen DLC window as well since that's allegedly the 22nd

Seriously nL has done more to sell this game than THQ/AEW Games

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Glad I didn't spring for the season pass. Was hoping to have Danhausen this week.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Hoping there would be a surprise release of the free Stadium Stampede DLC to coincide with All In.

The only character packs out is FTR after all this time? drat.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Someone from the Rampage tapings the other night posted on Reddit that the giant title card on the screens had "Fight Forever : Stadium Stampede" on them, but without any date or anything. Who knows, maybe a surprise drop is incoming to coincide with All In week? *cope*

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they've canceled the game. please return your copy of aew: fight forever and uninstall its digital download

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Hoping there would be a surprise release of the free Stadium Stampede DLC to coincide with All In.

The only character packs out is FTR after all this time? drat.

Yuke's must've gotten a notice from Cash in that case

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lmao that i was swindled into buying keith lee vaporware. now whos owned

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Real Gameboy Evil Uno refused to be digitised into such a sub-par offering

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I still have FF installed but I don’t plan on playing again until there is an update. There’s just not enough depth with the limited match types and roster, and created wrestlers look like garbage and assisting stats to them feels punitive.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was getting stadium stampede ads a week or so ago. So their advertising budget has me targeting me and only me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

projecthalaxy posted:

lmao that i was swindled into buying keith lee vaporware. now whos owned

Yeah at this point I am considering that money thrown away. I am very curious to see if it turns out they have been silent because they've been hard at work prepping for Stadium Stampede or if this game and the DLC gets shuttered before we even get the first DLC pack. If they have been working on it I'd imagine they would want people to know it to stop the hemorrhaging player base from losing hope so I'm not expecting much. Even still, some extra wrestlers or a BR mode filled with bots because nobody will be playing won't be enough to bring me back.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

explosivo posted:

Yeah at this point I am considering that money thrown away. I am very curious to see if it turns out they have been silent because they've been hard at work prepping for Stadium Stampede or if this game and the DLC gets shuttered before we even get the first DLC pack. If they have been working on it I'd imagine they would want people to know it to stop the hemorrhaging player base from losing hope so I'm not expecting much. Even still, some extra wrestlers or a BR mode filled with bots because nobody will be playing won't be enough to bring me back.

yeah I consider this a waste of money at this point. I ain't buying another AEW game unless I hear some good loving things.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Since I don’t have PS Plus at the moment I’ve been making my own “fun” out of it by setting up a league sort of thing for CPU v CPU exhibition matches.

In two and a half “weeks” of shows, PAC won the TNT belt off Darby and Jungle Boy cannot hit his finisher after he hits a double-leg takedown from standing position with his Special enabled. Five tries in two matches, double leg -> stands there -> pulls the opponent back to standing, repeat.

10/10 game.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

ShadowedFlames posted:

Since I don’t have PS Plus at the moment I’ve been making my own “fun” out of it by setting up a league sort of thing for CPU v CPU exhibition matches.

In two and a half “weeks” of shows, PAC won the TNT belt off Darby and Jungle Boy cannot hit his finisher after he hits a double-leg takedown from standing position with his Special enabled. Five tries in two matches, double leg -> stands there -> pulls the opponent back to standing, repeat.

10/10 game.

I thought about doing something like this but then went back to Fire Pro.

AEWs next game should just be a new Fire Pro with the AEW roster.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Sandman McMahon posted:

I was going to do that with FPWW, but having to sort through which CAWs to use to keep things balanced while making sure everyone I wanted was in there was just too much hassle.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Apparently wrestlequest is bad, that sucks

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

Apparently wrestlequest is bad, that sucks

Any more detail than that?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sandman McMahon posted:

3d Firepro. Aka a new King of Colosseum game

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

Any more detail than that?

Buggy to the point that people are losing hours of progress and having to reload old saves, combat is a repetitive QTE-fest where even the most basic attacks require a QTE and the story is kind of all over the place from the sound of it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Buggy to the point that people are losing hours of progress and having to reload old saves, combat is a repetitive QTE-fest where even the most basic attacks require a QTE and the story is kind of all over the place from the sound of it.

Wow yeah that is not great. I could probably deal with the qte-fest but the save bug is dire

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
i'd just be happy with a 64-Bit executable for fire pro world and them implementing all the modpack features. That'd kick rear end. But I'm a simple man.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

I thought the save bug was the reason they delayed the launch at the last minute? Is it still in?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

IGgy IGsen posted:

i'd just be happy with a 64-Bit executable for fire pro world and them implementing all the modpack features. That'd kick rear end. But I'm a simple man.

The disappointment of Fight Forever made me finally go put together the giant multi-thousand person Fire Pro save I'd been conceptually kicking around for a few years, and Fire Pro is still amazing, but god, they've hosed it up so bad with all the DLC.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
hey there's an SA wwe 2k23 efed based solely off turning your avatar into a wrestler come check it out

https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036635&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i won a royal rumble then lost my last 6 or 7 matches and going to lose another one by the time you read this. recommended

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
so close cav :(

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
I keep eyeballing the avatar fed but I need to go on a personal journey to find an avatar that isn't just an advertisement for my own bullshit first

or take my bullshit off hiatus so the wrestler can also be an advertisement, whichever comes first, but right now it would just be kinda sad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
glacier won a wrestling match in 2023, thanks to said efed

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

NL boys just said Stadium Stampede is going to be out in the next 24 hours.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Regrettable posted:

MachoT clarified, it's out on the 24th of August, so, Thursday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Regrettable posted:

Quite frankly: gently caress that

surprise! we didn't advertise anything!!!!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh and of course still no word on any of the other DLC or crossplay or anything that would keep this game from dying a death faster than Radical Heights/Rumbleverse/any of the other 100 failed BR games.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1694198004738113856

There better be more than 20 people online later when this update is up for download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I'll win every match in my Steam version by being the only person to show up at the stadium.