Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So, my wife ordered me a God of War Ragnarok ps5 on Amazon because she saw they're readily available now. It's expected delivery date was between 8/17-8/20. Now it's showing they'll email us when they have a date, are we screwed and it's just going to say that forever or is it still going to ship but just later? Anyone have experience with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I dunno if anyone else in this thread is into Ghostrunner, but Ghostrunner 2 has just been given its release date and price: October 26th for $39.99 USD.

I adored the first game and the sequel is tied with AC6 for my most anticipated release this year.

tygical
Jul 29, 2023
yo what the gently caress is that thread name LMAO

/)(\

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
welcome to something awful dot com

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I gotta check out BG3. In that recent “AAA games are stale” tangent I used very similar language to describe my experience with Prey and Dragon’s Dogma

https://twitter.com/rafcolantonio/status/1693636661580533952

(this is one of the people responsible for Prey being the Prey we know).

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The 3d realms one?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Bugblatter posted:

I dunno if anyone else in this thread is into Ghostrunner, but Ghostrunner 2 has just been given its release date and price: October 26th for $39.99 USD.

I adored the first game and the sequel is tied with AC6 for my most anticipated release this year.

this is probably a good price point for it, I played the first one after it was free on PSN and outside of the finale having the hardest wall-jumping section I've ever seen in my entire life it was a fun little puzzle/murder game

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Twibbit posted:

The 3d realms one?

:hmmyes:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Playing more Trails of Cold Steel over the weekend and I finally realised exactly why I don't like the English VA:

The game makes quite a Big Deal that the main cast of like 10+ characters all come from a variety of far flung regions and social classes of a vast empire yet they all speak with the same featureless annoying Generic American accent. The actors themselves are perfectly competent in reading their lines but a little effort in adding a little flavour to the characters and world would have been huge imo. In the end I just find it really distracting so I'm gonna stick with the Japanese from here on out.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Daaang, did not see that coming. Good job, Remnant II!

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1693627938569097422

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hogwarts Legacy still at #4 despite no "serious" gaming media or person caring about it in months

Also why was everyone suddenly buying blackops 2 last month

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Looks like it was on sale for the first couple weeks of the month.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm assuming those Exoprimal numbers include the people who downloaded it on Gamepass, played one mission and went lol no

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

One of the first reviews of immortals of aveum leaked and they gave it a 6/10.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm assuming those Exoprimal numbers include the people who downloaded it on Gamepass, played one mission and went lol no
I seriously doubt that downloading a game on Game Pass is being counted as a sale

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ineffiable posted:

One of the first reviews of immortals of aveum leaked and they gave it a 6/10.

I thought "hey didn't that already come out like two weeks ago" and as it turns out that was Atlas Fallen, which was the same exact game in my head.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

exquisite tea posted:

I thought "hey didn't that already come out like two weeks ago" and as it turns out that was Atlas Fallen, which was the same exact game in my head.

Just don't confuse it with Godfall, Lords of the Fallen, Babylon's Fall or Redfall.

I think there is a trend of games with the word Fall in it being mediocre.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Volte posted:

I seriously doubt that downloading a game on Game Pass is being counted as a sale

Eh, it says it includes digital sales figures (by virtue of the fact it explicitly excludes them for MLB because???) which would have to come from Microsoft themselves and who knows what hosed up accounting they use make sure game pass is good for developers?

I can absolutely see a world where ‘every download is a sale on our system so you get to say you sold x copies and show up in charts as marketing’ is a selling point to get developers on board.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ineffiable posted:

Just don't confuse it with Godfall, Lords of the Fallen, Babylon's Fall or Redfall.

I think there is a trend of games with the word Fall in it being mediocre.

Correct. If only there was a soundalike term, similar to "fall," that could whimsically be inserted to indicate a certain lack of success and/or ambition.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Godball

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Volte posted:

'Digital Sales' absolutely includes GamePass downloads lol

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

History Comes Inside! posted:

Eh, it says it includes digital sales figures (by virtue of the fact it explicitly excludes them for MLB because???) which would have to come from Microsoft themselves and who knows what hosed up accounting they use make sure game pass is good for developers?

I can absolutely see a world where ‘every download is a sale on our system so you get to say you sold x copies and show up in charts as marketing’ is a selling point to get developers on board.

Sakurazuka posted:

'Digital Sales' absolutely includes GamePass downloads lol
Do you have any evidence for this other than "lol Micro$oft" because it specifically says the list is "ranked by dollar sales" and a Game Pass download is, by no definition, a sale.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Shard posted:

Any word if the new Madden 24 is good?

Based on the incredibly “tired of this poo poo” opinion piece the sports guy at Gamespot wrote about the futility of reviewing games that don’t change and are immune to criticism I’m gonna guess “it’s basically the same as last year again”

https://twitter.com/markdelaneysays/status/1692330722592485712?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s not even a “lol micro$oft” thing, I’m sure there’s a spreadsheet somewhere in Sony HQ where every ps plus download is a sale for some metric or another.

Considering literally every other major entertainment industry on the planet fucks with their accounting for a variety of reasons (usually to gently caress people at the bottom of the pile out of a few extra bucks) there’s absolutely no reason to assume gaming isn’t exactly the same :shrug:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DC Murderverse posted:

Based on the incredibly “tired of this poo poo” opinion piece the sports guy at Gamespot wrote about the futility of reviewing games that don’t change and are immune to criticism I’m gonna guess “it’s basically the same as last year again”

https://twitter.com/markdelaneysays/status/1692330722592485712?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

This is a fascinating article

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Such a shame. I just want to play some football sometimes with a good career mode. It's all I want. Either that or something like Blitz, NFL Street or Backbreaker.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s not even a “lol micro$oft” thing, I’m sure there’s a spreadsheet somewhere in Sony HQ where every ps plus download is a sale for some metric or another.

Considering literally every other major entertainment industry on the planet fucks with their accounting for a variety of reasons (usually to gently caress people at the bottom of the pile out of a few extra bucks) there’s absolutely no reason to assume gaming isn’t exactly the same :shrug:
I mean I know being turbo-cynical about corporations' methods and intentions is en vogue for good reason but I don't think publicly traded companies are allowed to make up sales figures in order to look more appealing to investors in any industry. If it was just "top games by number of copies" or something then I could see Game Pass being included, but this is apparently actual dollar figures. Since Game Pass downloads don't have a dollar value associated with them, Microsoft can't have submitted data that includes Game Pass downloads as real sales without having invented an imaginary dollar value for each download, which seems unambiguously fraudulent.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Shard posted:

Such a shame. I just want to play some football sometimes with a good career mode. It's all I want. Either that or something like Blitz, NFL Street or Backbreaker.

man fifa street ruled, i fondly remember getting stuck at a friends house for a night - while he had to go do some errand - with only a ps2, a 3 foot tall red bong and a copy of fifa street to keep me entertained

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Volte posted:

I mean I know being turbo-cynical about corporations' methods and intentions is en vogue for good reason but I don't think publicly traded companies are allowed to make up sales figures in order to look more appealing to investors in any industry.

Someone should tell that to the chud overlords who astroturfed ticket sales to Sound of Freedom.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I liked NBA Street 2, I think, with a bunch of golden-era 70s style and actual personality. Modern games are so sterile to appease the various brand rights holders to the point of being an empty shell, just like ESPN itself.

That said, I've been tempted lately on PSVR2 by both 2MD VR Football (the original on PSVR1 was fun) and NFL Pro Era football, which somehow also has the NFL license (I guess VR is different to traditional?) but is more expensive as a result.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Midway really made the best sports games tbh

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Shard posted:

This one just came out, seems pretty feature-packed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL_NttfysBg

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Diabetic posted:

So, my wife ordered me a God of War Ragnarok ps5 on Amazon because she saw they're readily available now. It's expected delivery date was between 8/17-8/20. Now it's showing they'll email us when they have a date, are we screwed and it's just going to say that forever or is it still going to ship but just later? Anyone have experience with this?
If you want one now, Costco has the bundle for $570. If it actually hasn't shipped from Amazon you might be able to cancel the order. You can try your luck with their customer service but that's totally gone down the shitter.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Dewgy posted:

Someone should tell that to the chud overlords who astroturfed ticket sales to Sound of Freedom.
At least that translates to actual sales (i.e. money changing hands per unit), even if through unconventional means that don't necessarily represent true consumer sentiment. That's different from not selling them at all, but publicly reporting that not only did you sell a certain number, but you made $X doing it.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

SubponticatePoster posted:

If you want one now, Costco has the bundle for $570. If it actually hasn't shipped from Amazon you might be able to cancel the order. You can try your luck with their customer service but that's totally gone down the shitter.

I already know that Customer Service will basically have no idea and will lose their loving mind if it isn't part of a script. Was just curious if anyone has had a similar experience ordering one. I can be patient and wait, Hell if it takes long enough, I'll just make them give me the Spider-Man version because CS is that bad they'd see no issue.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Arist posted:

Ultimate Team is such a loving bummer, I’m sure the college football game coming next year is gonna be just as lousy with that stuff. I would happily play sports games and bought Madden/NCAA pretty regularly through the PS3 generation but it’s become something I actively don’t want now.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Arist posted:

Yeah it is interesting. There really is a vast audience of sports fans that are into gaming almost exclusively for their yearly Madden or whatever. I had a friend that morphed into one, back in the day we'd play all kinds of games, over the years he gradually just turned into Football Guy and only got excited for those games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

this looks fantastic, SOMA vibes

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

this looks fantastic, SOMA vibes

This might be good too if you loved Deliver Us The Moon and Soma!

https://youtu.be/b4Z22K13VD4

Obviously wait for reviews. Coming soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

AcidCat posted:

Yeah it is interesting. There really is a vast audience of sports fans that are into gaming almost exclusively for their yearly Madden or whatever. I had a friend that morphed into one, back in the day we'd play all kinds of games, over the years he gradually just turned into Football Guy and only got excited for those games.

I played a lot of fifa during the ps3 era and not much else