Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I just did it for the gems and noped out. The belobog museum event was more fun for me imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Yeah, it was a lot more time consuming than what I wanted out of a non-flagship event. Had to spread it out over several days.

Basically, if it's not the main event in a patch, I want it to be a quick and painless affair.

I actually skipped out on the recent storytelling one completely when people said it was overly verbose and were comparing it to Genshin at its worst.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The storytelling one had a fun concept but the forced plot part was basically one joke(lovely writer exaggerates/distorts your adventures) drawn out way too long, so if the joke didn't initially land the entire thing was excruciating. The weird "choose your own bonuses" thing for the fights themselves was really overly complex and didn't matter very much since the optimal approach was just to pick whatever would give your party the most points. It was almost the exact same thing as the sim battle event on the space station except more complicated and worse.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
How do you guys decide what relics to salvage? I hit 1500 and I have to empty it out to earn more.

Kanos posted:

The storytelling one had a fun concept but the forced plot part was basically one joke(lovely writer exaggerates/distorts your adventures) drawn out way too long, so if the joke didn't initially land the entire thing was excruciating. The weird "choose your own bonuses" thing for the fights themselves was really overly complex and didn't matter very much since the optimal approach was just to pick whatever would give your party the most points. It was almost the exact same thing as the sim battle event on the space station except more complicated and worse.

Yeah at first I read a bit of it and understood the schtick, but after a point in the middle I was fed up with it and just started blasting through the text. It really should have been like two parts max for the text part.

Violet_Sky posted:

I just did it for the gems and noped out. The belobog museum event was more fun for me imo

The museum was mostly fun for me. As someone who waited until the last week to do it, I found it kinda annoying to fetch quest all over the place, but watching the numbers go up in the museum management was fun.

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Aug 21, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Revitalized posted:

How do you guys decide what relics to salvage? I hit 1500 and I have to empty it out to earn more.

Anything purple and under goes. Any boots that aren't speed goes. Any chest that isn't crit rate or crit damage for a DPS set or outgoing healing or HP for a support set goes. Any sphere that isn't elemental damage for a character I have or plan to get in the near-ish future goes. Any rope that isn't energy regen goes. For all those, those are the stats most likely to be useful in the future and the hardest ones to get.

I also do a quick review of the heads and arms compared to the ones on my main characters and any that aren't outright better get trashed.

After that, if I still feel the need to trim, I can get into substats and the like. But the above will get rid of like 80-90% of your relics.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

GoodluckJonathan posted:

There sure is a lot of grinding in this here "Underground Treasure Hunt" thing. I had no idea when I saw the quest for 10k credits I figured I'd just get around to it later. Now I see it's very time consuming and it's gonna end soon. :(

it's not very ffun. it does give a lot of gems tho

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Revitalized posted:

Everything that's not a 5* (except for a few blues that I keep to clear the "salvage 1 relic" dailies)

Of the 5*s if there's any dupes within the set I toss out the shittier one. I'll have for example a single HP and single atk% musketeer chest.

I have a lot of different elemental spheres though, should really purge some that I'm obviously never gonna use. I'm at 146/1500 right now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Revitalized posted:

My standards for "always dump" that don't require looking at specific sub-stats:
- 3* Relics
- 4* Relics with only two sub-stats
- Relics specifically related to a HP/DEF% with a different main stat (like a body from the DEF relic set with an HP or ATK main stat)

Beyond that, it gets a lot more situational. I still hold onto any 4* relics that have 3 nice sub-stats. I should probably just start dumping all 4* relics for sets where I have a decent amount of 5*s though. I definitely still keep too much stuff, but I haven't come close to running out of space yet (I'm at around 700).

Zurai posted:

Any boots that aren't speed goes. Any rope that isn't energy regen goes.

These two seem like a bad idea, since not everyone wants those stats (even though a lot of people do).

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

For boots, E6 Sushang and E0 Seele are happy with Attack over Speed. If you're not grinding for those characters then trash everything not speed.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There's also arguments for slow Clara and slow Fireblazer, but that gets into playstyle preferences.

The only supports I care about er ropes are Gepard, Asta and Tingyun. I don't have Bronya, but I think they're wasted on most other people.

Also 3 and 4 stars are just trash. There's no point keeping them once you have a 5 star replacement.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 21, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

These two seem like a bad idea, since not everyone wants those stats (even though a lot of people do).

The non-speed/ERR stats are much more common than speed/ERR. If you decide to develop a character that wants Attack or something over Speed/ERR, it's easy enough to farm them up. Meanwhile, most characters do want speed, and while ERR is less generically useful, the ones who want it really want it, so they're worth keeping around for the future.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

It might be the other side of the Sal and Leo ones. I had to look it up and it's a little absurd but basically the first time you run into them you choose to let one out. Then you are locked into that one unless you choose the shittier option when their event pops up (which is decline reward in favor of resetting the event). Then you have to run into the first part again where you get to make a choice of which one you let out. Let out the one you haven't let out before. And then you can run into the event featuring them and that's a separate event from his brother.

Yeah this was it, went looking in my list and had 1 and 3 so just have to watch out for it now.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I enjoyed the treasure hunting event, but each individual area is a little too long. I cleared most of it in one go (well, two, story+deep) but I wiped out on the last stage once and repeating everything up to that was definitely tedious.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They should've all been hard capped at like 6 floors. Halfway through I was just skipping to the end anyway, but having to do even that for 8-10 floors is too much.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
For salvaging relics you really want to use the filters so you can then mass-salvage a bunch of stuff at once, rather than needing to pick them one-by-one.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zurai posted:

The non-speed/ERR stats are much more common than speed/ERR. If you decide to develop a character that wants Attack or something over Speed/ERR, it's easy enough to farm them up. Meanwhile, most characters do want speed, and while ERR is less generically useful, the ones who want it really want it, so they're worth keeping around for the future.

I was trying to farm an attack rope and got 3 ER ropes first.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm trying to get a chest piece with crit dmg on it for KAFKA and the game refuses to give me it, it's either nothing or Def

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

In order of importance, do i focus on leveling light cones,traces or getting relics? I know the correct answer is probably a combination of a bit of all of them but if i wanted to improve my characters the fastest without having to do a ton of optimizing with relics, i figure upgraded the Genshin Equivilent of their weapon is more important than a few more % of attack or whatever.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

The Shame Boy posted:

In order of importance, do i focus on leveling light cones,traces or getting relics? I know the correct answer is probably a combination of a bit of all of them but if i wanted to improve my characters the fastest without having to do a ton of optimizing with relics, i figure upgraded the Genshin Equivilent of their weapon is more important than a few more % of attack or whatever.

Get all the cheap traces done ASAP (the ones that don't need purple items). Those shouldn't take you long at all. Next, get a gold relic in each slot with the correct main stat and level it up to 9-12. Then focus on light cones. You can have the LC lag behind the character by a tier (level 70 LC for a level 80 character, etc) without it being too big of a deal while you get the rest of their basics set up.

After you have the basics, I'd prioritize traces and light cones over "perfecting" relics because those two don't rely on luck. You could farm relic substats for years and never get a top-quality one.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Meowywitch posted:

I'm trying to get a chest piece with crit dmg on it for KAFKA and the game refuses to give me it, it's either nothing or Def

I don't know if I'm working off old info but I'm pretty sure she still wants an ATK chest which should ease farming substantially

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
ATK chest is good for a standard Kafka, but at exceptionally high stats crit still wins. So if you're making the bestest Kafka ever you'll want to go for crit.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

One thing I love about this game is that so many different builds are possible. I'm currently fishing for a crit build for Asta.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Eej posted:

I don't know if I'm working off old info but I'm pretty sure she still wants an ATK chest which should ease farming substantially

Her primary damage is DOT and they cannot Crit so base level she just wants Speed and Attack.

Her needed Effect Hit Rate is almost nothing and she can quite literally ignore Energy Regen.

But she still does damage outside the DOT stuff so you can invest and raise her personal damage.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I liked the treasure hunting event and I full cleared every floor before going to the next one. I did just use bombs every time I had bombs, to get out of doing easy fights. I did the regular and deep version every day as they released.

The storyteller event got on my nerves a bit because of the running and pointless talking, even though the fights were neat. I'd rather click a grid than run around to places I've been before in the 3d world. And I like lore but it was one joke the whole time.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
happy new MoC day :w00t:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zurai posted:

The way you phrased the post implied that you get rid of all relics that aren't speed/ERR, though.

Getting relics with good substats with other main stats is still a pain regardless of what the main stat is, so it's still good to hang onto (at least) 5* relics with good substats and and mainstats you might consider using for the set in question.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

ATK chest is good for a standard Kafka, but at exceptionally high stats crit still wins. So if you're making the bestest Kafka ever you'll want to go for crit.
How many years are these theorycrafters expecting you to spend farming relics? I tried spreadsheeting it just now, and if my maths is right, I'd have to pull about 70% more crit damage out of the aether for it to break even for me.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 22, 2023

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's basically no benefit to hunting for crit kafka unless she is your only unit forever and ever. The stat difference is not worth an extra 2-3 weeks worth of stamina.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

The way you phrased the post implied that you get rid of all relics that aren't speed/ERR, though.

Getting relics with good substats with other main stats is still a pain regardless of what the main stat is, so it's still good to hang onto (at least) 5* relics with good substats and and mainstats you might consider using for the set in question.

The question was from someone with 1500 relics built up. I'm assuming they don't want to read through and analyze all their relics to determine which to keep, because if that's the case, they wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

As a tip, already-leveled relics are pre-filtered out of the salvage interface. If you're relic farming and find a relic you want to keep ahold of for a future character, level it up to 3 (to see if it lands a good substat; it's so cheap you might as well go to 3). It'll be safe from salvage purges until you're ready to use it or you decide to specifically salvage it.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 22, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
so I went and tried doing blue rooms only this week and blue rooms guy was entirely correct, I was able to get enough fuli blessings to get the important resonances and it was faster and more fun than doing red rooms only.

thanks blue room guy whose name I have by now forgotten :toot:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
thanks to people who said they picked curio first in SU and grab big lotto because now this is what i do and it's fun

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I guess there's a buff regarding dots or something idk I just throw tiles at my problems :v:

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

it's not very ffun. it does give a lot of gems tho

It would have been half as bad if they would have just let us skip the normal difficulty and only do the hardest one.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Speaking of relics, is there a shorthand guide somewhere for what stats are good for what characters, or am I going to have to dig through like 10 character build guides.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Harlock posted:

Speaking of relics, is there a shorthand guide somewhere for what stats are good for what characters, or am I going to have to dig through like 10 character build guides.

The stats mostly do what you think they do, but the specifics can get weird. Pick your favorite characters and learn their specifics. You can't go wrong with spd/atk/cr/cd for DPS and hp/def/spd/energy regen for supports, but they might not be optimal on a per-character basis. Most gachas will eventually explore the design space of "make characters that use stats uncommon for their roles" like DEF-based DPSers and stuff

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Prydwen is good if you want to skim through some build guides you’ll get the gist of what you want for each role.

And as mentioned before, some characters are unique in how they scale so you’ll have to adjust. For example blade’s damage heavily scales with HP so you’d go for that instead of Atk.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I think every character has some level of optimization that you can do. For example Pela can easily do 2 turn ults to keep her debuff up permanently if she's using the Silverwolf event LC + an ER rope and Welt is just a straight up DPS if you build him that way.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Asta and Yukong benefit being built like a dps.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I wonder what special ability we'll get when DHIL comes out. Two skill points every turn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Walla posted:

Asta and Yukong benefit being built like a dps.
Also Tingyun to an extent