Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If the Chargers want to switch out of the AFCW they should switch with the Rams because there's a rivalry there from the St. Louis days and it doesn't change the travel schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Diva Cupcake posted:

Per Reddit, the preseason Super Bowl favorite (Chiefs) has only won the Super Bowl in like 3 of the past 30 years. Late 90s Broncos and 2 of the Patriots teams.

It's very hard to win the Super Bowl

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Counterpoint Mahomes: Wow! What a fun easy maze!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

It's very hard to win the Super Bowl
Yeah the obvious takeaway is that even the favorites are like 90% to not win the Super Bowl.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1693742945302655405?s=20

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
KC needs a RB.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
They're very confident that JT is going to be wildly disappointed in money that's going to be offered

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Any GM itching to give a 2nd rounder plus pay a RB $14m+ per?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean the only team I can think of that might have a need is the Rams.

And the Colts, after JT leaves lol

Pron on VHS posted:

KC needs a RB.

KC needs to sign Chris Jones, they have four guys that will be fine

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Pacheco is recovering from some surgeries and injuries but maybe he’s good to go

Clyde is below average at most things besides screens

Prince is a rookie who has sucked in preseason

McKinnon is really good, but will miss a bunch of games. Like Toney the WR.

It’s not really a need but it would be fun as hell, and bring back the 2018 offense that would go thermonuclear every game with rookie Kareem Hunt getting the rushing title

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1693744422981128633?t=HfL7KBdDZ4f-A9DIG8ndsA&s=19

Mirrors my thoughts

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
That's certainly an all in ask

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1693749659569701148?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Definitely. Richardson is going to need all the help he can get to succeed.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I mean the only team I can think of that might have a need is the Rams.

It would be really funny if the Rams can't even make it one offseason without trading away all their high picks again

I could see the Buccs gazing in despair at their QB room and doing something? But uh depending on which site I check they have somewhere between negative $500k and positive $500k total cap space

Vikings?

Also agree of course this whole thing is dumb as hell and the Colts should just work it out with JT

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
People predicting the Bills demise feels like people predicting the Chiefs demise a year ago. My money is on the team with one of the best quarterbacks in the league and a solid roster around him continuing to be very good, even if their offseason wasn’t particularly exciting

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Colts control him for another year plus two tags, right? He’s not getting traded.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1693750120439771203?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

It would be really funny if the Rams can't even make it one offseason without trading away all their high picks again

I could see the Buccs gazing in despair at their QB room and doing something? But uh depending on which site I check they have somewhere between negative $500k and positive $500k total cap space

Vikings?

Also agree of course this whole thing is dumb as hell and the Colts should just work it out with JT

Nah, the Bucs can't free up the money and they like the RB group they have. They don't even have enough cap space to operate this year until they get Mike Evans extension done.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1693748542106407055?t=UfNm8DkjnUD1-e4JkJktzg&s=19

Browns trading for Chris Jones, confirmed

It's probably just for rollover

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 21, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah this is a non issue nobody is paying a 1st just to agree to 14mm

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Colts control him for another year plus two tags, right? He’s not getting traded.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1693750120439771203?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is to play nice with him and show him that there isn't anyone out there who is gonna give him the money he wants and there isn't any value there. So he's better off staying and playing.

But if some team does actually want to give the Colts a first, they should probably take it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

Thank you Adam for explaining the implications

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Once traded he will be on another team wearing different colours and high fiving a different person wearing a different mascot costume

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Team should definitely call his agent and tell them they're willing to pay him $15m per year, but not trade picks for him.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

how long have the Ravens had terrible injury luck and does it correlate with them trying way too hard in the preseason

Marlon Humphrey is already injured

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

xbilkis posted:

People predicting the Bills demise feels like people predicting the Chiefs demise a year ago. My money is on the team with one of the best quarterbacks in the league and a solid roster around him continuing to be very good, even if their offseason wasn’t particularly exciting

I don’t think anyone was predicting the Chiefs demise a year ago and it doesn’t seem like anyone is predicting the Bills demise now, just saying that they appear to be trending in the wrong direction and they don’t seem to have addressed their biggest issues this offseason.

Also, to state the obvious, Sean McDermott is no Andy Reid.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Second Place in the AFC North God demands blood sacrifice

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Absolutely no news tweet here

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1693745203327172642?s=20

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

Lions are the huge dark horse team of 2023 imo

Everyone is going to abandon the Lions as a trendy pick as soon as they fail to beat the defending champions on their own turf in week 1, and as certain as I am that they will lose to the Chiefs I'm not prepared for the psychic damage I'm going to receive when the entire NFL media machine is going "lol SOL"

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

C-Euro posted:

Everyone is going to abandon the Lions as a trendy pick as soon as they fail to beat the defending champions on their own turf in week 1, and as certain as I am that they will lose to the Chiefs I'm not prepared for the psychic damage I'm going to receive when the entire NFL media machine is going "lol SOL"

Depends on how badly they lose and how they look doing it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Relentlessboredomm posted:

how long have the Ravens had terrible injury luck and does it correlate with them trying way too hard in the preseason

If the deluge of purple blood these past few years is actually a ritual sacrifice to the fake football gods, it's worth it. Pre-season Ravens own the best record in sport.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If the deluge of purple blood these past few years is actually a ritual sacrifice to the fake football gods, it's worth it. Pre-season Ravens own the best record in sport.

One could even call it our spuerbowl

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think anyone was predicting the Chiefs demise a year ago and it doesn’t seem like anyone is predicting the Bills demise now, just saying that they appear to be trending in the wrong direction and they don’t seem to have addressed their biggest issues this offseason.

Also, to state the obvious, Sean McDermott is no Andy Reid.

"The Chiefs won't win their division and might not even make the playoffs" was absolutely a trendy prediction last season. I actually think I've seen fewer people outright predict the Bills will miss the playoffs this season, but there are enough rumblings of "Bills are gonna take a step back...Jets and Dolphins look feisty..." that the situations feel similar enough to me

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Yeah, it's easy to forget because they ended up being just godawful, but there was a lot of "Broncos lock to win the AFC West" speculation last offseason

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Chiefs had the fourth best odds to win the Super Bowl last year. Everyone thought they'd be good but there was definitely concern with Hill leaving and a suddenly competitive (so we thought) division.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If, Odin forbid, the Lions can force overtime in Week 1, they'll get a lot of respect even if they lose.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I won't respect the lions until they prove to me that they are roughly at least almost the same size as the other NFL teams. for now i don't know how small they really are

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i found out they have 24 players who weigh at least 300 pounds. my team only has 20 such players. *holds out hand toward the Detroit lions representative, for shaking, denying, or tricking*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I do think the Bengals aren't gonna win their division tho

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm just not ready to say that the Lions will win a division that they've literally never won. But it's also hilariously up for grabs this year so ???????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

GMFB predicted the Chiefs wouldn't make the playoffs and so did another bigtime outlet.

But it was the new girl on GMFB and she's a huge Raiders fan so I can only assumed she was expecting the fixed refs to help them out not screw them over

edit: it was Bart Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1h6xsKHxiM

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1567129047573925888?s=20&t=sLdzRPJFRkhNCoYkKuxKNQ