Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Malcolm Excellent posted:

People in the Wembley area read the name and thought it was mandatory due to the "All In" on the sign

This is gonna be the next level of cope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think disclosures by Sinclair implied the purchase was around 3 mil.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anyway, I've been told for the past two years that Tony Khan paid 40 million dollars for RoH, so, congratulations to All In for being the highest gate in professional wrestling history.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Quarters are a little funky this week. Normally, there's at most 1 quarter with no ad breaks and 1 quarter with two, usually there's just one or the other in every quarter. This week had two quarters with no ad breaks and two with both a PiP and a full.

The two quarters with no ads:
QH3, which had some of the Jericho/Callis segment, the Jack Perry pre-tape and most of Darby/Wayne vs. Gates of Agony.
QH5, which had MJF and Cole in the ring and Jericho's backstage promo.

The two quarters with double ads:
QH6, with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre Deathmatch
QH8, with Bucks vs. Gunns.

Peak in P2+ was QH1, with Orange Cassidy vs. Yuta Wheeler
Peak in 18-49 was QH2, which had the big BCC post-match angle, the Omega/JR pre-tape and the first part of the Jericho/Callis segment.

Low point in P2+ and 18-49 was QH8, Bucks vs. Gunns.

Not a lot to read into, show was mostly steady for the first hour, fell off after the MJF/Cole segment then fell off again in QH8.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't read any of that but that really held up

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not the bucks driving away viewers 🫢🫢🫢

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Not the bucks driving away viewers 🫢🫢🫢

correct, it was not the bucks. it was the double ad break and competition from Big Brother on CBS.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Challenge is also starting up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I understand that it was QH8, with a double ad break, against the Gunns, who aren't any kind of draw, but,

1) Dynamite was #1 on Cable and the rest of the show was pretty steady. It's not like Big Brother starts at 9:45. Isn't it from 8:00 - 9:00?
2) Last week, QH8 had a double ad break, but it wasn't the low point of the show. The Bucks vs. the Hardys was.

Again, QH8, double ad break, Gunns. I get it. But we just made the Young Bucks the highest paid tag team in the history of professional wrestling, presumably because they move business at reciprocal level. I'm not asking them to do Kenny Omega or Chris Jericho or CM Punk numbers. I'm not asking them to buck all of these factors going against them. I'm asking them to have one match on TV that isn't the lowest quarter hour.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the elite boycott has been working, keep up the fight colliders!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Bucks should turn heel. They're aimless and bland as faces.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Seems to me that importing a tag team from Collision tanked the ratings, curious.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Bucks are just not super interesting to me as babyfaces. They're just guys. As heels they're a lot more interesting and entertaining. Either way you're probably always going to get a good-to-great match, but I wasn't exactly foaming at the mouth for a Bucks/Gunns main event. And it's not like I want to see a 30-minute Gunns match, but the match was also only like 12 minutes long which is another issue all together I have with Dynamite main events. I really enjoy Collision delivering on longer main events more often than not.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like face bucks and heels bucks. I honestly just want to watch Buck tag matches.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

I like face bucks and heels bucks. I honestly just want to watch Buck tag matches.

the few
the proud
the elite watchers

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

MJeff posted:

I understand that it was QH8, with a double ad break, against the Gunns, who aren't any kind of draw, but,

1) Dynamite was #1 on Cable and the rest of the show was pretty steady. It's not like Big Brother starts at 9:45. Isn't it from 8:00 - 9:00?
2) Last week, QH8 had a double ad break, but it wasn't the low point of the show. The Bucks vs. the Hardys was.

Again, QH8, double ad break, Gunns. I get it. But we just made the Young Bucks the highest paid tag team in the history of professional wrestling, presumably because they move business at reciprocal level. I'm not asking them to do Kenny Omega or Chris Jericho or CM Punk numbers. I'm not asking them to buck all of these factors going against them. I'm asking them to have one match on TV that isn't the lowest quarter hour.

Cm punk numbers is 470k lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

1glitch0 posted:

Bucks should turn heel. They're aimless and bland as faces.

They are heels. They told Matt Hardy to suck it, and constantly do heel type movements.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They are heels. They told Matt Hardy to suck it, and constantly do heel type movements.

they are always telling their opponents to go to hell - that's just plain rude!

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

e: wrong thread

mearn fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 18, 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All Out is currently at 8991 tickets, the Collision before is at 4002. Last year, All Out (in Hoffman Estates) did 9039. The first Collision in United Center did 9280.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

All Out is currently at 8991 tickets, the Collision before is at 4002. Last year, All Out (in Hoffman Estates) did 9039. The first Collision in United Center did 9280.

Wrap it up AEWailures, WWE 4 lyf

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That's not bad considering we don't have a main event yet

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, still doing All Out a week after All in is going to just kill the show by pretty much any metric

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All Out is probably going to beat Double or Nothing, which was super duper discounted and papered.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MJeff posted:

All Out is probably going to beat Double or Nothing, which was super duper discounted and papered.

The idea is cool, but I think having 2 ppvs every year set in one place is not a smart idea. Either All Out or Double or Nothing need to travel around to avoid burning out the base there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

LionYeti posted:

The idea is cool, but I think having 2 ppvs every year set in one place is not a smart idea. Either All Out or Double or Nothing need to travel around to avoid burning out the base there.

AEW is gonna keep hammering the Chicago market as long as they keep drawing there and there's no sign of that happening any time soon. Double or Nothing is probably leaving Vegas next year.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

Double or Nothing is probably leaving Vegas next year.

Nic Cage is all Elite and joining up with Brian and Christian.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

AEW is gonna keep hammering the Chicago market as long as they keep drawing there and there's no sign of that happening any time soon. Double or Nothing is probably leaving Vegas next year.

Double or Nothing should come to Atlantic City!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SatoshiMiwa posted:

That's not bad considering we don't have a main event yet

And Chicago has had what like thirty aew shows this year alone?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So now that I got the WrestleTix patreon, I get ticket updates in my inbox constantly. I sort of only got it for All In and was planning to drop it after that but it is at least mildly interesting to see how these shows develop and compare them to the last time AEW was in the building, do people care about ticket numbers, and if you do, what kinda format would you like, daily updates, weekly updates, some other third thing?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I think only if it’s interesting data. Not sure we need to see if Grand Rapids (no offense) is on pace for 3500.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You're on thin ice, buddy. :toughguy:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

even as a vegas resident i don't disagree that they should bring DoN on the road since we aren't getting the fly-in audience for it anymore with Forbidden Door stealing the show's lunch

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MJeff posted:

So now that I got the WrestleTix patreon, I get ticket updates in my inbox constantly. I sort of only got it for All In and was planning to drop it after that but it is at least mildly interesting to see how these shows develop and compare them to the last time AEW was in the building, do people care about ticket numbers, and if you do, what kinda format would you like, daily updates, weekly updates, some other third thing?

Have you seen any numbers for the Rosenberg TX show (SW of Houston)? They moved AEW away from the 4200 seat arena at University of Houston out to a brand new 8600 seat venue, but it's like 45 minutes out of town, so I have no idea how good or bad (likely bad) they'll do.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kvantum posted:

Have you seen any numbers for the Rosenberg TX show (SW of Houston)? They moved AEW away from the 4200 seat arena at University of Houston out to a brand new 8600 seat venue, but it's like 45 minutes out of town, so I have no idea how good or bad (likely bad) they'll do.

Presale, 4 days ago:

AEW Dynamite/Rampage
October 18, 2023 6:30 PM
Fort Bend Epicenter, Rosenberg, TX

Available Tickets => 3,328
Current Setup => 3,875
Tickets Distributed => 547

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MJeff posted:

Presale, 4 days ago:

AEW Dynamite/Rampage

Current Setup => 3,875

Thanks. Yeah, like I thought. Baaaaad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LionYeti posted:

Las Vegas isn't about appealing to a base it's doing a show in a tourist destination like UFC would on Memorial Day Weekend. However, it's a really expensive weekend for Vegas so it's harder to do now than 15 years ago.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm guessing it would be mad expensive but if they put DON in Vegas again next year they should do something wild in the new MSG Sphere. 18000 would probably be a hard sell with how much they'd have to charge though.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Presale, 4 days ago:

AEW Dynamite/Rampage

Current Setup => 3,875

Yikers.

I love data like this so I'm happy what whatever you're willing to put out, MJeff.

A weekly comparison between the current week's shows and the last time they were in the market would be really interesting.

blunt posted:

I'm guessing it would be mad expensive but if they put DON in Vegas again next year they should do something wild in the new MSG Sphere. 18000 would probably be a hard sell with how much they'd have to charge though.

Looks sweet from that perspective, but where would you put the hard cam in that situation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MJeff posted:

Presale, 4 days ago:

AEW Dynamite/Rampage

Current Setup => 3,875