Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
ugh one thing if you're a first round pick. Imagine being a 4th-6th round pick and getting handed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
to be clear, it was a joke they played on him, as he's like the only rookie reciever draft pick.

They did not make him actually pay it lol.

Mans was sick tho.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Sataere posted:

That poo poo better be a fake bill because I ain't paying that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

$1400 for food, $17,000 for alcohol (read: overpriced wine). Markups are outta control.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

$1400 for food, $17,000 for alcohol

Somebody who budgets please help me my rookies are dying.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Have $100 million in cap space and decide all the good offensive lineman available in free agency just don't quite whatever dumb system you run. At least they'll have some good linebackers to keep it respectable as Fields runs for his life again.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

HootTheOwl posted:

Season over. QB1 is going to die and then Tyson Bagent is going to prove himself to be the next greatest QB, and he's also going to die, and by week 6 it's going to be all PJ walker when they finally find a replacement for Leatherwood.

Tevin Jenkins resurrecting his career from "bust" to "he's injured and our season is over" is quite an impressive swing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/1693746306659856709

:sickos:

I am going to do everything in my power to make sure my newborn son does not become a fan of this team.

Definitely not a packers fan, but this team requires an almost toxic type of sardonic personality to not always be miserable.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I guess they don't really have a choice. Leatherwood is the only other backup at LG and you just can't play him in a real game.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Congratulations on the new kid, man!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Congrats Dexo!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nice job having a kid.

I'm watching something at work and I'm trying to figure out if I just saw Nathan Peterman as a Bears QB fail miserably at a comeback drive to tie the game against the Colts.

e: ah, it's a rerun of the Saturday game

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 21, 2023

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Niwrad posted:

Have $100 million in cap space and decide all the good offensive lineman available in free agency just don't quite whatever dumb system you run. At least they'll have some good linebackers to keep it respectable as Fields runs for his life again.

At least we know he can run. TBF they did go after some of the OL that were available at the start of free agency, but they signed elsewhere. McGlinchey was one they reportedly tried for, but denver overpaid after the 49ers declined his 5th year option.

Dalton Risner is still a free agent if they want the depth.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Yeah, kudos on the newborn.

I tried my best with my kids to not like the Bears. One doesn’t care about football, the other loves the Bears and the other one roots for whatever team is playing the team I’m rooting for.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

I guess they don't really have a choice. Leatherwood is the only other backup at LG and you just can't play him in a real game.

I mean theoretically I'd prefer Carter play LG, and keep everything else the same. But I guess Nate Davis is still dealing with something.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Congrats on the kid

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

to be clear, it was a joke they played on him, as he's like the only rookie reciever draft pick.

They did not make him actually pay it lol.

Mans was sick tho.

To be clear, I am 100% on board with pranking a teammate with this poo poo. Because pain is funny

EDIT: Congrats Dexo! Your life is over now! My youngest just finished high school, so mine is just beginning! :v:

Sataere fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 21, 2023

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

I mean theoretically I'd prefer Carter play LG, and keep everything else the same. But I guess Nate Davis is still dealing with something.

From what I read, Carter has been playing RG exclusively in camp so he might not be ready to just slide to LG. I don't know how hard it is to learn but he did look good at RG from what I saw. I also thought Borom held his own in preseason and should be a solid backup.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Congrats on the kid Dexo. Welcome to no sleep, and no money, but that doesn’t matter because you also have no free time. Lol. Mi kid just started pre-k, so 14 years to go, not that I’m counting. It does go fast, so cherish the good times.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JGdmn posted:

Yeah, kudos on the newborn.

I tried my best with my kids to not like the Bears. One doesn’t care about football, the other loves the Bears and the other one roots for whatever team is playing the team I’m rooting for.

lol

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Niwrad posted:

Congrats on forming a babby!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Bears should trade for Jonathan Taylor

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They were already the number one rushing team in football last season; they absolutely should not be giving up draft picks for a RB one year into a rebuild

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

The things you put up with because of love is incredible.

Luckily they can all agree on the local minor league hockey team.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

xbilkis posted:

They were already the number one rushing team in football last season; they absolutely should not be giving up draft picks for a RB one year into a rebuild

I think getting young good talent is always correct. What if we were the number one rushing team and also an above average passing team?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Don’t worry though Poles is a spreadsheet guy so he probably agrees with how RB’s are valued rn

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

xbilkis posted:

Yea but a ton of those rushing yards were from Fields running for his life, not traditional runs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mazel tov, dexo

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Congratulations Dexo. And condolences about his proximity to Chicago sports… really any Midwest sports whatsoever.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Congrats Dexo. Have fun with the kid.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Congrats Dexo, may you be successful in not raising another Bears fan

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
If I ever have kids I am absolutely raising them to be Lions fans, because suffering builds character.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If I ever have kids I am absolutely raising them to be Lions fans, because suffering builds character.

And even if the Lions fandom never pays off, by then, the Tigers, Wings and Pistons might be emerging from their 25 year rebuilds!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Jokes on you. He's gonna come in for the start of a Lions dynasty and be insufferable

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
My 4.5 year old has shown no interest in football, being that we live in Chicago I'm scared he'll become a bears fan what with me being a lions fan and the cursed nature of that sort of household.

Have fun with the baby, the time goes by impossibly fast.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
A fun moment is when their friends at school are fans of a dumb team so your kid picks it up and you despise that stupid 8 year old. And at a birthday party your wife tells everyone to gift your child with Cardinals gear as a prank.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hand Row posted:

A fun moment is when their friends at school are fans of a dumb team so your kid picks it up and you despise that stupid 8 year old. And at a birthday party your wife tells everyone to gift your child with Cardinals gear as a prank.

Wait Arizona or St Louis

If STL sever.

My kid becoming a Cardinals fan might be the one thing that would make me disown them.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
My kid still hasn't figured out how to go from yelling for more touchdowns when watching Alabama football on Saturdays to grimly watching the Bears the next day

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Dexo posted:

Wait Arizona or St Louis

If STL sever.

My kid becoming a Cardinals fan might be the one thing that would make me disown them.

St Louis so yes it was my first parental crisis. I felt a little guilty when the friend moved away and it made me happy.

Being a Packer fan the younger years are a little rough because the division team names are such little kid faves. Lions? Bears? Vikings? They get loving pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

trevorreznik posted:

My kid still hasn't figured out how to go from yelling for more touchdowns when watching Alabama football on Saturdays to grimly watching the Bears the next day
Must be a common pattern, my nephew did the same thing but with the Lions when he was younger. Since getting into fantasy he’s more of a red zone guy now. He still enjoys a Lions win but doesn’t go out of his way to watch their games.