Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

MillennialVulcan posted:

Absolute crime to not use the Kyuranger suits. All-timers.

Agreed, and honestly it just brings with it a whole bunch of unnecessary work with likely middling at best results out of a misguided attempt at being creative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, this is basically MMPR S2 again (right down to Zedd being the big bad) except we aren’t even getting a single ranger from the Sentai this time

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
remember when the power rangers used to have personal vehicles like the shark cycles and the little cars from turbo

those were rad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Sentai already exists, and that season wasn't even particularly successful

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Non Compos Mentis posted:

remember when the power rangers used to have personal vehicles like the shark cycles and the little cars from turbo

those were rad

Sadly those were phased out in Japan due to laws about customized motorcycles. It's why Kamen Rider of all series barely uses his own motorcycles

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Sadly those were phased out in Japan due to laws about customized motorcycles. It's why Kamen Rider of all series barely uses his own motorcycles

What was the last season where all of the Rangers had their own non-zord vehicles? The hoverboards from Megaranger/Space?

Edit: Hurricanger/Ninja Storm had motorcycles as well, Abaranger/Dino Thunder had the Raptor Riders and Magiranger/Mystic Force had the rocket brooms

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 19, 2023

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SilentChaz posted:

Fan edit of the Cosmic Fury OP using Kyuranger footage:

https://twitter.com/KadamsEdits/status/1692547797747183972

Having Izzy be Orange then making Fern Green seems like overcomplicating things.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

Was it because of those Japanese motorcycle gangs?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Was it because of those Japanese motorcycle gangs?

More or less.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Cosmic Fury image:

Hopefully Zedd learned his lesson from the Z-Putties and the Z on their chests is just a decoration rather than a massive weak spot

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

To beat these guys they're weak point is you give em a little kiss on the forehead

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Larryb posted:

New Cosmic Fury image:

Hopefully Zedd learned his lesson from the Z-Putties and the Z on their chests is just a decoration rather than a massive weak spot

I appreciate the stagehand in the back, running around with a smoke canister (or a local with a very apt time to be mowing the lawn lol)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

New Cosmic Fury image:

I didn’t watch the opening posted earlier, but Billy using his original power is great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

I didn’t watch the opening posted earlier, but Billy using his original power is great.

He's apparently going to be part of the team for the whole season and, appropriately enough, even gets to pilot the wolf zord from Kyuranger

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'm pretty stoked about it too.

I'm one of those plebs who only comes back for anniversary shows and the like, so it'll be nice to have an excuse to watch a whole season.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

I'm pretty stoked about it too.

I'm one of those plebs who only comes back for anniversary shows and the like, so it'll be nice to have an excuse to watch a whole season.

Have you seen Dino Fury at least though? Because this is a direct sequel that reportedly starts immediately where the finale left off

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah watch at least season 2 of it, that's the one that's setup for cosmic fury.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Larryb posted:

Have you seen Dino Fury at least though? Because this is a direct sequel that reportedly starts immediately where the finale left off
No, but it's Power Rangers. I doubt I'm gonna' have too hard a time catching up.

Most of the anniversary specials are from shows I've not seen anything else of and I followed them just fine. If I wind up liking it, I'll go back and watch Dino Fury.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You should watch Dino Fury because it's good and fun and funny.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Amazon has a bunch of the Lightning Collection figures on heavy discount right now, grabbed myself Eye Guy and Snizzard cause I need some monsters to display with the 3rd party Megazord set I got coming in the mail soon

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

No, but it's Power Rangers. I doubt I'm gonna' have too hard a time catching up.

Most of the anniversary specials are from shows I've not seen anything else of and I followed them just fine. If I wind up liking it, I'll go back and watch Dino Fury.

Yeah no, watch Dino Fury

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Again, if I like this next bit, I absolutely will.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

You’re not going to understand a single thing but sure, whatever you want (the previous season had a surprising amount of lore for a PR show and even tied back into Beast Morphers a little bit)

In other words, this is literally Dino Fury Season 3

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Aug 21, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

LividLiquid posted:

Simon Bennett who's the PR showrunner says to watch the last nine episodes of Dino Fury before the new stuff if you watch nothing else.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah, this is less of an anniversary show and more of a season 3

It's a season 3.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

FWIW, I've gotten the exact opposite response from literally everyone I know who watches (who have universally said "DF is really bad even for PR, don't waste your time") so I wonder what the thread liked that they didn't.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only bad parts of dino fury are the obligatory comedy duo segments, and those are not always bad, the actress doing them is charming and fun to watch but you are going "ok let's get on with it" a lot of the time. But that's to be expected, the target audience is six year olds, that's fine.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, Dino Fury felt like what happens when you give some charming actors room to develop their characters and it rocks. (The reverse of that is Megaforce and I feel bad for Ciara Hanna because she seems cool.)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's hard to gently caress up a dino-themed season.

Ninja-theme is either ok or dire.

And just give up if you're doing a car season that isn't RPM.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FilthyImp posted:

It's hard to gently caress up a dino-themed season.

Ninja-theme is either ok or dire.

And just give up if you're doing a car season that isn't RPM.

Lightspeed rescue is as much a car season as rpm

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Eh, Turbo had its moments but the writers couldn’t really decide if they wanted to take it seriously or embrace the goofiness of the Sentai so it kind of waffled back and forth.

RPM was a much better attempt at trying to make a comedy Sentai serious while at the same time still having fun with it

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sorta sidestepping from that point. Which theme has the best average show?
I know plenty themes have overlap, but like the "main" theme.

Animals/nature is probably up there with dinosaurs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think "professional ranger" has high quality on average compared to other themes

Lightspeed rescue
Time Force
SPD
RPM
Beast Morphers

Really the only dud there is Operation Overdrive

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Lightspeed rescue is as much a car season as rpm
Service Vehicles are a clear exception. My Camry can't shoot water bombs and do cool poo poo like airlift the top half of a zord!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think "professional ranger" has high quality on average compared to other themes

Lightspeed rescue
Time Force
SPD
RPM
Beast Morphers

Really the only dud there is Operation Overdrive

Which is a shame because OO has some of the best Zord designs in the franchise, including probably the cleanest combination of more than 6 to 7 Zords in a Megazord formation that has ever been done

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

drrockso20 posted:

Which is a shame because OO has some of the best Zord designs in the franchise, including probably the cleanest combination of more than 6 to 7 Zords in a Megazord formation that has ever been done

Oh I thought I was alone in this opinion! I can't accurately describe why but there's just something I absolutely love about the Overdrive zords, it's just a shame what happened to the entire rest of the show...

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

drrockso20 posted:

Say which is the most frankenzord out there? The one that combines the most machines?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I hate how the Megaforce Zord is basically a toy with 20 attachment divots on to put (shark head, lion head, bullshit) on like it's a loving Lego set.

Siegkrow posted:

Say which is the most frankenzord out there?
Gravezord :colbert:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Siegkrow posted:

Say which is the most frankenzord out there? The one that combines the most machines?

Probably the Ultrazord from Samurai/Shinkenger (that thing could barely move).

Second place probably goes to the most recent Megazord from the current Sentai King-Ohger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

serefin99 posted:

Oh I thought I was alone in this opinion! I can't accurately describe why but there's just something I absolutely love about the Overdrive zords, it's just a shame what happened to the entire rest of the show...

One of those instances where the Super Sentai source material is miles better than the Power Rangers adaptation

Siegkrow posted:

Probably a tie between RPM and Samurai since both seasons have a 12 component combiner