Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

kiimo posted:

GMFB predicted the Chiefs wouldn't make the playoffs and so did another bigtime outlet.

But it was the new girl on GMFB and she's a huge Raiders fan so I can only assumed she was expecting the fixed refs to help them out not screw them over

edit: it was Bart Scott

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1h6xsKHxiM

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1567129047573925888?s=20&t=sLdzRPJFRkhNCoYkKuxKNQ

Raiders and colts lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

stump collector posted:

Raiders and colts lmfao

Those wild card predictions tho

stump collector
May 28, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Those wild card predictions tho

They were clutch and…flawless!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

GMFB predicted the Chiefs wouldn't make the playoffs and so did another bigtime outlet.

But it was the new girl on GMFB and she's a huge Raiders fan so I can only assumed she was expecting the fixed refs to help them out not screw them over.
Kay Adams would never.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Cavauro posted:

i found out they have 24 players who weigh at least 300 pounds. my team only has 20 such players. *holds out hand toward the Detroit lions representative, for shaking, denying, or tricking*

Cat teams stand together*

*Super Bowl LVI not included

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cavauro posted:

I won't respect the lions until they prove to me that they are roughly at least almost the same size as the other NFL teams. for now i don't know how small they really are

i dont believe they even exist. i think they're a fed conspiracy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Kay Adams would never.

We love Kay

https://twitter.com/BoltUpDerwin/status/1621301915748556801

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

But he said the same thing twice...I'm confused

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oof

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1693793297062297973?t=vYCn3PDtmU_ibKVYUKv9iA&s=19

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo posted:

But it was the new girl on GMFB and she's a huge Raiders fan so I can only assumed she was expecting the fixed refs to help them out not screw them over

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/1567129047573925888?s=20&t=sLdzRPJFRkhNCoYkKuxKNQ

It would be bad if the Jets don't make the playoffs....

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

If, Odin forbid, the Lions can force overtime in Week 1, they'll get a lot of respect even if they lose.

If they wanna be a big boy team, they need more than just moral victories.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

It would be bad if the Jets don't make the playoffs....
While yes it would, this particular prediction was from 2022.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fsif posted:

The Chiefs had the fourth best odds to win the Super Bowl last year. Everyone thought they'd be good but there was definitely concern with Hill leaving and a suddenly competitive (so we thought) division.

Yea, I don’t really think saying “Hill is hard to replace and the division looks more competitive” is predicting the Chiefs demise. I’m sure some idiot somewhere predicted the Chiefs would be in complete shambles but it’s the internet, there’s always some idiot somewhere saying stuff for clicks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I'm sorry to hear that Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes died on the way back to their home planet.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

so at risk of feeling like a fool.. who is that? is that the new washington owner? they replaced him with a dude who's even smaller?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diva Cupcake posted:

Per Reddit, the preseason Super Bowl favorite (Chiefs) has only won the Super Bowl in like 3 of the past 30 years. Late 90s Broncos and 2 of the Patriots teams.

I wouldn't expect them to win it just because it's supposed to be hard to do, but doubting the Chiefs right now seems foolish to put it mildly

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rogue Elephant posted:

so at risk of feeling like a fool.. who is that? is that the new washington owner? they replaced him with a dude who's even smaller?

Yes, that's Josh Harris who appears to be several drinks deep.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

a neat cape posted:

We should discuss realignment like the Chargers and 49ers switching divisions

oh great 2 times a season cards v chargers rather than once every 4 years and every preseason lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I wouldn't expect them to win it just because it's supposed to be hard to do, but doubting the Chiefs right now seems foolish to put it mildly

Is that a nobody believes in us I hear?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JPrime posted:

oh great 2 times a season cards v chargers rather than once every 4 years and every preseason lol

I see no problem

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diva Cupcake posted:

Is that a nobody believes in us I hear?

gently caress that, I ain't rootin for em

I'm just saying it's early enough in the season that it would be wild to bet against em right now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Ravens season officially declared lost

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Rivera and Bienemy's Commies have ended the Corvid era.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

not like this, man

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Has anyone checked on Kawalimus?

Rogue Elephant posted:

Yep that's the new oligarch. Can't expect him to know the norms of interacting with mere sports people

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1693824980604403727?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anyways bolt the gently caress up let's go baby.

Herbert is gonna be a top 3 QB this year and Bosa's gonna have 15 sacks.

13 wins is within the realm of possibility.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

The Commanders scored more points than their opponent and I feel like that gave them the advantage.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

gently caress yes Magic's expanding his brand.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fsif posted:

gently caress yes Magic's expanding his brand.

He owns a tiny piece of the commanders, we're going to get a ton of Magic Tweets about Howell's exact number of passing yards.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens have lost the Superbowl

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
nooooooooo

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Finally we are free from the most annoying, useless, pointless streak in football.

Edit: LOL I had no idea Jake Fromm was even still in the league

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bow your fuckin heads

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Better put extra security around John Harbaugh for a while.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it's pandemonium here in baltimore. buildings are burning, children are screaming, i fear i will not survive the day. know i loved you all, and may god drat the terrible commanders for this curse

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fall migration is coming soon, he'll have plenty to look forward to even if his favorite birds to watch can't find a good wide receiver!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

Everyone is going to abandon the Lions as a trendy pick as soon as they fail to beat the defending champions on their own turf in week 1, and as certain as I am that they will lose to the Chiefs I'm not prepared for the psychic damage I'm going to receive when the entire NFL media machine is going "lol SOL"

The Chiefs have a habit of starting a little slow, especially on defense (I still can't love Spags).

So there's a possibility you get super hyped as a trendy pick and then mess up later!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Oh wait Josh Allen is on the cover of Madden 24? Bills are toast :rip: