Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Coasterphreak posted:

If he’s sexually harassing his coworkers, that definitely needs to be addressed regardless of his skill or position. Everyone is replaceable.

Being generally creepy and making GBS threads in the other genders bathroom isn’t a fireable offense in most states.

I started writing a post about how your workplace could call the bluff, but I realized that would probably just make everything worse for not just this guy but any potentially closeted folks. Sorry about this situation, but you should definitely make sure management knows that it isn't ok to just ignore the problem and hope it goes away and doesn't start sexually assaulting anyone. They know about the problem, which means that they are partly liable if he does something and they chose not to act on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Isn’t this literally the point of HR, to shield the company from fallout of the stupid poo poo employees do? Shouldn’t HR be making GBS threads bricks if the women of the company are pissed at this guy? Like isn’t this a potential lawsuit waiting to happen?

Or is it the usual case of white guy with management backing, so until those lawsuits and/or criminal charges actually start rolling in, HR won’t do squat?

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
If he's essential and irreplaceable as described, the company is going to want to keep him while smoothing over any material consequences of his actions, and HR will help them. This applies regardless of the actions in question, as long as consequences of them continuing don't outweigh the consequences of doing something.

So anyway, smash the system when?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I feel like the correct answer is 'band together and give the creep a two and a half minute swirly'.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Just tell them to all eat Taco Bell for lunch and just destroy the bathroom repeatedly until he fucks off

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Y'all are missing the easy win. Clearly this dude is a man's man. So leaver a bunch of period products around and discuss things like heavy flow and discharge until he cries to HR or storms off in a huff.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
If you're quick, you could dry wall over the bathroom door during one of his sessions.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Elissimpark posted:

If you're quick, you could dry wall over the bathroom door during one of his sessions.

For the love of God!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Collateral Damage posted:

Who has a bunch of DVI only screens in tyool 2023 and decides to get DP to DVI adapters instead of throwing those antiques out and just getting screens made within the last decade? :psyduck:

:raises paw:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Agents are GO! posted:

For the love of God!

:golfclap:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Agents are GO! posted:

For the love of God!

Yes, for the love of God.

*flush*

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Elissimpark posted:

Nah, just screwgun the door shut and tape one of those $100 Ali-express GSM/CDMA jammers to the door.

Tape a sign to it labeled Rapist Retention Pit.

Disavow all knowledge of anything you did that Saturday.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

~Coxy posted:

Oh hey yup, I'm in this camp too

Instead of getting me a decent second monitor they just replaced my laptop, lol

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

We still have dvi and the real funny part is that we rent our monitors so who knows how much we’ve actually spent on a lovely rear end monitor that has been out of date for years.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

MonkeyHate posted:

There’s a guy at my brother’s work who has started exclusively using the ladies room to poo poo and all the women are really complaining because he was a gross creep to them even before he started barging in on them in the one place they could hide from his leering stare.

Management has decided they can’t say anything to him about it because they are terrified he could claim to be transgender and they don’t want to get “cancelled”. He’s the only one on his shift who knows how to do his highly skilled job so they also won’t fire him. Instead, the women in his part of the building now walk across to the other side of the building to use the restroom there.

It’s only a matter of time before the local fox affiliate catches wind and makes a meal of the situation.

Friend had a cop uncle doing something similar in the 1990s although it was more of a Deus Ex situation, during late night shifts preferred to use empty women’s restroom as he thought it was cleaner. This was not ok to do and he was warned to stop, then got written up by his very annoyed sergeant who was mad he had to deal with it.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
When I showed up at my work about a year ago I found out we had multiple monitors that were VGA only. I also found three mice with trackballs. I made sure those all got replaced but we still have a few DP to DVI ones floating around

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
How come it's never a bathroom revolutionary spreading the truth that all of humanity should piss and poo poo together in solidarity and always a guy with really stinky room clearing shits who wants to use the other bathroom?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

zedprime posted:

How come it's never a bathroom revolutionary spreading the truth that all of humanity should piss and poo poo together in solidarity

I saw a documentary about this, some Boston law firm had a fancy unisex bathroom that was entirely stalls. It ended up causing too much drama amongst the staff and clients.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

~Coxy posted:

I saw a documentary about this, some Boston law firm had a fancy unisex bathroom that was entirely stalls. It ended up causing too much drama amongst the staff and clients.

I saw the same documentary and I don't think you're accurately portraying it. One of the lawyers was hallucinating dancing babies all over the place. The drama had nothing to do with the bathrooms.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What the hell kind of documentaries are y'all watching? Every bathroom doco I've seen always ends with everyone loving.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
There was that in there too, yeah.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Easiest way to make employees not go the bathroom in america is to make em all communal squat toilets. No need for any noted policy changes or nothing.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

Easiest way to make employees not go the bathroom in america is to make em all communal squat toilets. No need for any noted policy changes or nothing.

That's a really good way to make sure your stairwells are covered in piss.

Thanks for reminding me: We missed the store supplies order time today and I forgot to add a toilet valve assembly. On the one hand, I'm shocked we can order them. On the other hand, that doesn't do much good if we keep forgetting it!

We've been having customers use the employee bathroom if they ask, but I kinda don't like needing to do that. It's embarrassing for them and for us. Grown-rear end people shouldn't have to ask for the bathroom like little kids.

I'll say this for the place: as dirty as it is if you peel back the facade, our bathrooms sparkle. Mostly because I'm the one that cleans them. gently caress, am I the only person that cleans the store? Never seen anyone else do it, except for wiping shelves during shelf resets. I should really bring that up, knowing it'll be me that sets a cleaning schedule.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Barudak posted:

No, you reduce the height of the stall walls and door, so it only covers about a foot or two around your waist while seated. Seriously America, :wtc:?

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

Thats gotta be at like, a drug testing center so they can keep an eye on your, right? Or a dive bar where they have a problem with people loving or shooting up? Right?

At both our shops, the bathrooms are single occupant. At the theater, cast all have their own bathrooms in the dressing rooms, "public" bathrooms backstage are all single occupant. For some reason on one of the last tours they went around and labeled all the single occupant bathrooms as non-gendered.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ironhead posted:

Thats gotta be at like, a drug testing center so they can keep an eye on your, right? Or a dive bar where they have a problem with people loving or shooting up? Right?

At both our shops, the bathrooms are single occupant. At the theater, cast all have their own bathrooms in the dressing rooms, "public" bathrooms backstage are all single occupant. For some reason on one of the last tours they went around and labeled all the single occupant bathrooms as non-gendered.

Maybe they just want people to make friends! Pass the paper, pass the wet-wipes, pooping is a communal activity!

Nah, they just want bathroom breaks to be as uncomfy as possible. Which, gently caress that. Eye contact while I blow my o-ring out, "How you doin'? Wow. That's a lot of blood."

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
I'd learn to crap in the pike position. Nothing showing above or below the partition.

Rest my phone on my knees, shitpost with my nose.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Ironhead posted:

My office only has single occupant bathrooms. They were gendered. The women used the men's room whenever the other one was occupied. Once the hiring meant the woman to man ratio went from 1/20 to 1/5 they converted all the bathrooms to non gendered.

They immediately put up signs asking people to put the seat down.

The former men's room went from being totally fine, maybe some pee spatter on the seat and floor, to absolutely trashed and with people just not flushing??????

There's a wooded field behind the office, can I just go back there? The animals areore courteous.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Ironhead posted:

Yeah, there's some missing context to that. I've lived in the US my whole life and been in all manner of lovely establishments with gross restrooms and never seen anything like that.

My best guess is something along the lines of needing to watch people for drug testing purposes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

At one job we had a plumbing problem that meant we had to use the womens’ bathroom for a couple of hours one day and it was hosed.

This was just a reasonably normal office job with reasonably normal office people and the mens’ room suffered from the occasional discourteously piss-splashed seat, but that day we found out the women apparently went hard as gently caress in their bathroom to the point that they were leaving blood and snot on the cubicle walls.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 22, 2023

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

History Comes Inside! posted:

At one job we had a plumbing problem that meant we had to use the womens’ bathroom for a couple of hours one day and it was hosed.

This was just a reasonably normal office job with reasonably normal office people and the mens’ room suffered from the occasional discourteously piss-splashed seat, but that day we found out the women apparently went hard as gently caress in their bathroom to the point that they were leaving blood and snot on the cubicle walls.

All of my all-time worst bathrooms are pretty typical hellscape men's rooms in really bad truck stops or gas stations, but in among that horror is the bathroom in the women's dorm my college girlfriend lived in. Just loving filthy. The worst part of it was the thick accretion of makeup powder on loving EVERYTHING, which turned to a cement-like paste because of the showers.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Ironhead posted:

Thats gotta be at like, a drug testing center so they can keep an eye on your, right?

reminds me....

i used to work at a place with a coworking space. coworking membership was utter poo poo though so they just started entertaining longer term leasing in some of the offices. thats the beauty of it all.

in their desperation they let a piss testing startup or something into the joint. the coworking space was behind a keyfob you had to go through to get to bathrooms. i am pretty sure they had people just pissing in a cup in a huddle room when they were too lazy to go all the way to the bathroom.

so yeah. drug testing center in a coworking space was some real dumb poo poo. i kinda think coworking is dumb as poo poo.

20 Blunts fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 22, 2023

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

quote:

a piss testing startup

A phrase that made me laugh out

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I have seen "conversational" bathrooms in foreign lands, with multiple, unseparated toilets in a room.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

That's one way to talk poo poo at the office.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Bathroom meetings at the urinals are my favorite. Just holding our dicks, straining to piss and farting instead, all while chatting about space stuff.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, there's some missing context to that. I've lived in the US my whole life and been in all manner of lovely establishments with gross restrooms and never seen anything like that.

My best guess is something along the lines of needing to watch people for drug testing purposes.

That isn't my picture, but I came across stalls like that in a mall in Washington state.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There was a brief period where all the sketchy public bathrooms around here had weird coloured lighting that was supposedly there to make it harder to see your veins so junkies don’t just spend all day in there shooting up, but that could have just been some weird urban legend because they eventually went back to normal over the space of a couple of years.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

~Coxy posted:

We have those same docks (Dell WD19s*, it looks like?) and GOD, they suck.

Only 3 USB-A ports.

Most of the people here have 4 USB devices. Mouse, keyboard, webcam, and headset.

SOME of our keyboards have an extra USB port or two, but most most. And I guess asking people to use the built-in webcam in their laptops isn't cool (cause the quality and angle is bad) so...yup. Most people are ok with plugging in their dock and ONE other USB device into their laptop when they come into the office to dock it, but others complain about a whopping two plugs they have to plug in, so they get a USB-C to USB-A hub to plug into the dock to add more ports.

*I think that's a 19S because I don't see a headphone jack on the front, which I think is the only difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

There was a brief period where all the sketchy public bathrooms around here had weird coloured lighting that was supposedly there to make it harder to see your veins so junkies don’t just spend all day in there shooting up, but that could have just been some weird urban legend because they eventually went back to normal over the space of a couple of years.

I don't know how true it is, but blue light is considered to make it more difficult to find surface veins so if the tint was particularly blue then that might have been it.