Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Inzombiac posted:

I want to get a Bladesworn build going because it's so terribly anime and I am an unrepentant weeb.

What're some brain-dead builds that are all flash and big numbers?

Bladesworn kind of inherently has a minimum amount of brain turn off because of the nature of dragon trigger, but https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Bladesworn_-_Power_Bladesworn is your best bet (just load the template code up ingame, API's broken until the 24th).

Don't use Runes of the Thief though, use Runes of the Scholar, Thief runes are going to become completely worthless for this spec (and most purposes) in two days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Trying to come back and wrap up the Gyala Delve stuff in preparation for SotO, and I had completely forgotten that Rama is voiced by Noshir Dalal, who recently played Bode in Jedi: Survivor. It was real weird hearing the same voice with more or less the same cadence/attitude but attached to an Asian Canthan detective with a big hat

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Meeko posted:

Bladesworn kind of inherently has a minimum amount of brain turn off because of the nature of dragon trigger, but https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Bladesworn_-_Power_Bladesworn is your best bet (just load the template code up ingame, API's broken until the 24th).

Don't use Runes of the Thief though, use Runes of the Scholar, Thief runes are going to become completely worthless for this spec (and most purposes) in two days.

Thanks, this is pretty easy to use.

Is the first round of weapon proliferation on SOTO release or is it later?
I'm dying to play sword Necro.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Finally finished IBS and while the ending was awful, it feels sad because the first 75% was excellent and some of the best content in the game. Then covid happened causing 10 boring repetitive missions and an awful final mission.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Not till the patches after, it's just elite spec weapons first.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Inzombiac posted:

Second major release after launch, they're aiming quarterly, so probably sometime around jan-mar.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

looking forward to wacking dudes with my hammer as tempest

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I'm still not really sold on the weapons going outside their specs but I'm sure that'll change when I get to play around with it.

I'm VERY excited to see what poo poo like Rifle/Mesmer and Sword/Necromancer looks like.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malpais Legate posted:

Not till the patches after, it's just elite spec weapons first.

Oh okay, so long as those are on release.
Pistol/Torch Necro is going to be bugfuck insane, I suspect.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I wanna shoot people with my magic elemental gun

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

Malpais Legate posted:

I'm still not really sold on the weapons going outside their specs but I'm sure that'll change when I get to play around with it.

I'm VERY excited to see what poo poo like Rifle/Mesmer and Sword/Necromancer looks like.

It seems like it'll be a mixed bag of effectiveness, some stuff like necro pistol looks like it'll be decent regardless of spec, but other weapons that are more reliant on specific trait choices to be 'good' are likely going to be much worse. Engi sword for example gets a damage boost based on heat level on Holo which you'll presumably not get on any of the other specs. I think Thief rifle falls into a similar camp, on top of rifle not being all that good of a weapon other then for specific things anyway.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

boho posted:

That was NCSoft? As I remember it ArenaNet quietly put GW2 in maintenance mode and moved almost all assets to their Dune MMO and like three other projects that we never even got a hint of because wait what’s “marketing?”

NCSoft was actually the hero of the story when they yanked ANet’s chain and forced them to cancel everything and put their full attention back on GW2.

no that was during the pandemic i think. LWS4 is from 2018 lmao

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

ComradeBigT posted:

It seems like it'll be a mixed bag of effectiveness, some stuff like necro pistol looks like it'll be decent regardless of spec, but other weapons that are more reliant on specific trait choices to be 'good' are likely going to be much worse. Engi sword for example gets a damage boost based on heat level on Holo which you'll presumably not get on any of the other specs. I think Thief rifle falls into a similar camp, on top of rifle not being all that good of a weapon other then for specific things anyway.

I was thinking that for warrior dagger too. It’s kind of propped up by sun and moon style in spellbreaker. There are only a handful of new combos that seem interesting like dagger Mesmer, hammer/dagger for ranger, gs for necro and gs/sb for rev. Elementalist makes out well, too.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I’m curious what changes we’ll see from the beta. Dagger Mirage stood out to me because they gave it a condition damage ambush skill, but the base dagger kit has zero condition damage on it. Virtuoso gets 100% of it’s bleeding from taking that one trait in the elite spec.

It could go a few ways—maybe they’ll do something like combine dagger bleeding with that core pistol bleed trait that is mostly unused, or pivot to support for power mirage in PvE.

Most likely it just stays useless, I guess

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

My money is on minimum effort expended to create more dead-end equipment traps, as is tradition.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Still maintain they shouldn't do split condi vs. power damage.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I can't put my finger on it, but I've been obsessed with playing Scourge lately. Maybe it's the unique sound effects and visuals. 10/10 sound effects, the weapon skills and shade skills are great. The overall feedback of playing the class is very satisfying.

There's something about walking into a crowd of enemies and blowing them all up with conditions and Dhuumfire that just feels good. Super strong in group play, too.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I will enjoy reshuffling all my alts once they change stuff into a hopefully acceptable place in the big SotO balance patch in February 2024 :v:

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Inzombiac posted:

Oh okay, so long as those are on release.
Pistol/Torch Necro is going to be bugfuck insane, I suspect.

P/T Harb is quite entertaining. I don't have the skill or the knowhow to say if it's going to be crazy or not, but it just shits conditions onto the target while you feel cool as heck, so I'm going to go with "It's pretty great"

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Harbinger is pretty badass imo, I love green though so I may be biased. I always laugh when I go to res someone mid-fight while surrounded by a thick miasma of presumably horribly toxic disease and be like "hold up, imma do some first aid uh... try not to breathe too hard though?"

(AI created fanart lol ai 'gun holding' still not a thing it seems making me wish necro was medium armour bc hell yes long coat and big green disease magic gun very much my entire jam, scone, cream and cup of tea)

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Finally wrapped up the Gyala Delve chapter, and man, they really know how to mark the definitive end of a story arc, huh

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah, I still have no clue why the hell have they kept her alive in the first place. Should have sacrificed herself in Dragons End.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yeah, I still have no clue why the hell have they kept her alive in the first place. Should have sacrificed herself in Dragons End.

Sacrifice is sad, and also this way they'll have a big raid event monster for Guild Wars 3 in twenty years or so.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

404notfound posted:

Finally wrapped up the Gyala Delve chapter, and man, they really know how to mark the definitive end of a story arc, huh

lmao i didnt even catch that. there's no way she doesn't come back though

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Yeah, I had absolutely checked out of paying attention to the story for most of Gyala

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I think im about half way through that story on 1 character.

oh well... so long aurene, hope you liked those fish

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

aurene will show up in the next xpac and everyone will go "aurene! you're back!" and itll have been like a year tops lol

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
More like Bore-ene

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-launches-today/

Includes a table with a nice overview what actually is coming today and what is coming later.

Also, 5th expansion confirmed.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
As someone who has had the game trickling away on life support just doing dailies and slowly going towards PvP armor with that. Do I have to buy the expansion now to continue doing dailies? Further along that note - is it now largely pointless with monthly clovers removed?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gonna make a prediction: the new wizard vault replacing dailies will be less payout than the old daily login method, many complaints by the players will be filed.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

Mailer posted:

As someone who has had the game trickling away on life support just doing dailies and slowly going towards PvP armor with that. Do I have to buy the expansion now to continue doing dailies? Further along that note - is it now largely pointless with monthly clovers removed?

I'm pretty sure no, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the system has goals in it that require the new expansion.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cutedge posted:

I'm pretty sure no, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the system has goals in it that require the new expansion.

From what I recall reading about Soto it's this

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gonna make a prediction: the new wizard vault replacing dailies will be less payout than the old daily login method, many complaints by the players will be filed.

I am already sad about the loss of reward progress potions, but I assume they will be added back in in some cockanamie manner

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012

Mailer posted:

It's my understanding from the bit on the website about the vault that there are new "monthly" bundles that are supposed to take about a month's worth of dailies effort or thereabouts. Possibly tied into specific legendaries. So I would look for a list of the rewards to compare against the login rewards (possibly in a day or two since folks is gonna be running around the new stuff too), and go from there. My other understanding is that you can't get into the fancy vault building without SotO, but can still access some of the vendors via the menu panel, but I haven't checked that yet.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The legendary starter pack is 1000 funbux, and you can make 35/day. So it will consume basically all your rewards.

I lie, there are weeklies too, but I haven't seen what they look like

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

you get 65 acclaim a day from dailies, 770 a week from weeklies, 1250 per 3 months from 'special,' so 5446~ ish acclaim per month to spend?

it's pretty good.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah the Wizard’s Vault system seems overall positive to everyone (minus some edge cases) who’s not farming login alts

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Does the 'x available' limit apply to that week's lockout then?

Also it seems like once you can't instantaneously change what daily/weekly categories you want to see, you're stuck with whatever you initially chose for a while. Rip the pvp acheives I'll never do making GBS threads up my UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
The rewards seem decent, but I'm not a big fan of being locked into 4 fixed dallies and not having the option to pick and choose. Previously I could do a bit of pvp, maybe a bit of wvw and maybe one pve daily or just pick one mode to play. Now if you have all 3 game modes selected, you're gonna need to do all it all if you want the daily completion chest.

It seems like people aren't necessarily getting the same dallies or weeklies so they clearly have a pool that it picks from each day, but I guess they wanted to get rid of doing dallies with friends or having a bunch of people showing up to do JPs???
Like fundamentally it isn't a terrible new system, but there are so many little bits that make it feel way worse and much less convenient to use. Adding what's basically a battlepass (even if it's free) isn't the greatest look either to be honest. People posting on the official forums and reddit are unsurprisingly upset, so I wonder if they'll make any changes in the coming patches.