Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

what were you watching dude

The one where they go into maintenence mode with 3 instead of 4 seasons a year. No post final shape expansion. No new darkness subclass. Nothing there was aspirational or unique. This was the absolute loving bare minimum.

Nothing here represents "responding to criticism" like Joe brought up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

>still getting new content
>maintenance mode

lol ok buddy

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Nothing here represents "responding to criticism" like Joe brought up.

titan players have been bitching for years about how our supers are all roaming melee or extremely niche. arsenal is not that. there are many other things i could point out but that's one off of the top of my head

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Kith posted:

>maintenance mode

lol ok buddy

titan players have been bitching for years about how our supers are all roaming melee or extremely niche. arsenal is not that. there are many other things i could point out but that's one off of the top of my head

I want you to remember this moment. When "Episodes" are just longer seasons, I want you to apologize to me.

Nothing about this showcase was a response to criticism that has been lobbied at the game.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

it is my faint hope they are hiding additional supers for the other subclasses to be released with each season.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

MJeff posted:

Showcase: Mogoroth
Postshow: Nogoroth

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I want you to remember this moment. When "Episodes" are just longer seasons, I want you to apologize to me.

Jesus Christ.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Post showcase with streamers: lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Nothing about this showcase was a response to criticism that has been lobbied at the game.

What's the criticism that's being lobbied at the game that this showcase didn't respond to?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

i don't care if episodes are "just longer seasons", content is content and content is not maintenance mode

also jesus christ you are such a tool lmao i want you to apologize for this stupid loving attitude

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Kith posted:

>maintenance mode

lol ok buddy

I'm glad it's not a roaming super, but its quite Hammer of Sol, so lets hope it has a niche.

However, that whole showcase was desperate, failing to get the third darkness subclass in there, scrambling to keep seasonal content going until Destiny 3, inside the Traveller and the plotline seems muddied as hell. It's grim stuff, Destiny had a great scifi epic in its backstory and this sixth string team is going to poo poo the bed on the final stretch and taint the whole franchise. Witch Queen was legitimately great, what the hell has been allowed to happen.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
New seasonal artifact looks like a Hive donar kebab spit

https://twitter.com/destinytrack/status/1694026233820946803

:yum:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
For you, the day that Bungie mildly adjusted their content delivery method was the most important day of your life.

For me, it was Tuesday.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Joegoroth is saying that the Final Shape campaign is going to lead directly into the raid to try and push EVERYONE into the raid.

It's gonna be even easier than Root, isn't it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

HidaO-Win posted:

I'm glad it's not a roaming super, but its quite Hammer of Sol, so lets hope it has a niche.

it's a ranged one-off super in void and that's more than enough for me. gently caress solar titan

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Give me the gun that I can shoot love bullets at guardians to heal their wounds

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Pirate Jet posted:

Jesus Christ.

I understand people are really excited for the fun new content. The Pale Heart looks genuinely fun. But let's be real. This is just going to be the seasonal model we have now with a little more time on it. And when I'm right about that and people complain about it, I'm going to feel pretty vindicated. Admittedly this is better than what we have now.

quote:

What's the criticism that's being lobbied at the game that this showcase didn't respond to?

There was a lot of criticism to not just seasonal model but pricing, etc. Joe implied there was more information on that in his twitter video. I'm not seeing anything even in this post show that responds to any criticism that has been bouncing around.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Lumina?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't really care about the episodes, it's just neat that they're self-contained mini stories instead of holding patterns like right now. I'm not really going to buy them though - Final Shape's the end of the line as far as I'm concerned.

MJeff posted:

Joegoroth is saying that the Final Shape campaign is going to lead directly into the raid to try and push EVERYONE into the raid.

It's gonna be even easier than Root, isn't it.

It's still going to take three hours when I try because someone will gently caress up and shoot the Witness in the "you instantly wipe" spot every single time or whatever

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

neutral milf hotel posted:

that's just lumina my G

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

We have Lumina at home

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Update is available, btw.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

There was a lot of criticism to not just seasonal model but pricing, etc. Joe implied there was more information on that. I'm not seeing anything even in this post show that responds to that.

So you not only already know how much content is gonna be in Episodes, you know how much they're gonna cost? Can you share with the rest of us?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That's a real gun? I thought it was made up for the new season

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

seasonal weapon: middle dollar

TFS weapons

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I should check out the exotic archive kiosk more often

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MJeff posted:

So you not only already know how much content is gonna be in Episodes, you know how much they're gonna cost? Can you share with the rest of us?

sniped from the stream:

looks like new weapons and activities every 6 weeks, new armor set and new exotic weapon every 18 weeks

not a bad cadence tbh

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Pirate Jet posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Panderfringe.

Man that showcase sucked lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kith posted:

sniped from the stream:

looks like new weapons and activities every 6 weeks, new armor set and new exotic weapon every 18 weeks

not a bad cadence tbh

They're literally talking about how the seasonal model was too repetitive and hit its limit and how episodes are going to be different, took literally ten minutes for that dumbass to get proven wrong.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

if you like Destiny they’re doing more of it. if you don’t like Destiny why are you posting in the Destiny thread for people who do

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Episode 1: The Drifter steals the Veil for some dumbassed scheme that turns about to be an aborted Gambit 2 attempt
Episode 2: Everyone in The Last City remembers that city and nation building is really hard and the Second City/Third City If You Count Neomuna hits hard times. The city council can't decide what to name the city or anything else and the Third City/Fourth City starts getting lovely about being called Third.
Episode 3: Someone remembers the Awoken exist in another universe and go check in on that
Episode 4: Is the Moon still hosed? Probably.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yay new fusions, where subclass though. Def not pre-ordering this time

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
It didn’t blow my socks off, but I thought the preview looked fine. The preview for the new season was more interesting to me than TFS stuff, but I figure they’re probably keeping things under wraps.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBA Starblade posted:

Episode 1: The Drifter steals the Veil for some dumbassed scheme that turns about to be an aborted Gambit 2 attempt

He's trying to eat it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Drifter wearing a bib with a ghost outline on it, holding an oversized knife and fork, banging the table.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Who knows, maybe they finally learned their lesson and the third darkness class is a surprise unlock after the raid gets completed and doesn't just take up half of the campaign's screentime.
I think the hype-meter isn't quite on the level that it was with the Lightfall reveal, but that might also be a good thing, considering how that worked out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Infected posted:

Who knows, maybe they finally learned their lesson and the third darkness class is a surprise unlock after the raid gets completed and doesn't just take up half of the campaign's screentime.
I think the hype-meter isn't quite on the level that it was with the Lightfall reveal, but that might also be a good thing, considering how that worked out.

Nah, regardless of how they utilize it in the campaign, for all the work that a new subclass takes, you HAVE to put that poo poo front and center as part of the marketing. Strand is literally the first thing you see on the Lightfall cover (maybe the second thing if you're drawn to the Witness' big goofy face). It's all over the trailer, it's all over the cover, it's "BUY THIS EXPANSION TO PLAY WITH THIS NEW THING". The thing in that slot today was the three new supers.

Who knows, maybe Red Subclass is part of episodes, maybe it never existed at all.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fireteam Finder is about to put two in the back of Guided Games' head. 😔

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Showcase has me hyped. :dance:

The Tower model was kind of unimpressive, but I wasn't looking to buy the CE anyway.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Did they talk at all about how levels are going to work? Were they changing that, or did I misunderstand?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

remember when people harassed the poo poo out of the lady who came up with Guided Games as a stopgap measure because they saw on a ViDoc that she was a woman? Gameing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Collateral Damage posted:

Showcase has me hyped. :dance:

The Tower model was kind of unimpressive, but I wasn't looking to buy the CE anyway.

tower model is supposed to be a bit of a puzzle box, they hinted at that during the stream