Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

How would you even do a big elaborate heist mission in Fortnite. From what I remember there's a constantly moving wall of death that spawns at random(?) and forces people into a little play area on the map. Be a real pain in the rear end to be halfway through my Oceans 11 larp with the gang only to get hit by the killwall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DaysBefore posted:

How would you even do a big elaborate heist mission in Fortnite. From what I remember there's a constantly moving wall of death that spawns at random(?) and forces people into a little play area on the map. Be a real pain in the rear end to be halfway through my Oceans 11 larp with the gang only to get hit by the killwall

The way "Heists" work at the moment is there are 5 vaults on the map. 1 requires 2 keys to open and spawns in around the 3rd storm phase. The other 4 are guarded by a Wild Card boss and 2 minions who will spawn at 1 location randomly on the map at the beginning of the 3nd circle. You kill those npcs and they drop a keycard you use to open the vaults in the vaults are slurp juices, 4 chests (2 are rare), and a ton of ammo and gold.

I'm going to guess the next season will have the vaults become even more important and more will be openable during matches. I'm guessing they will spawn at least 1 mythic unvaulted op gun and the slurps making it a must do activity if you want to win.

The "Heist" is also referring to the overall theme/storyline of season 4 too.

Edit:
Edit: the new skin could be this survey skin

I think it looks cool if so.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 12:45 on Aug 22, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

From what I remember there's a constantly moving wall of death that spawns at random(?) and forces people into a little play area on the map.

It's a circle that moves in from the edges of the map to increasingly smaller circles that are telegraphed beforehand, so if you land in an area of the map that's in the first 3 or 4 circles you've got plenty of time to gently caress around with stuff on the map

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

okay so my first play-through was def bugged when it came to talking to companions cause im finally able to romance and i have dialog options i never fuckin seen wtfff

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

im convinced never finding the vampire guy broke all the scripting

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Next teaser dropped and deployable turrets are coming next season.

Edit:
Edit:

Old mythics are returning and not just being reskinned.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 13:52 on Aug 22, 2023

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Rolling dice sucks which is why people play video games where the computer does it for you, and then you beat the game by making the dice rolls not matter.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 14:06 on Aug 22, 2023

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1693870939514036379?s=20

Oh no it's the worst possible thing that could have happened. gently caress you UK

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hatebag posted:

Lol wtf. Larian is so bad at programming and QC. They'll probably never even fix it based on their other stuff

like one of the first npcs you meet in the game (sarza) is bugged and kills a quest for a large % of players and they didnt fix if through all of ea.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Microsoft’s PC Game Pass arrives on Nvidia’s GeForce Now service this week

quote:

Nvidia is starting to roll out access to PC Game Pass and Microsoft Store titles on its GeForce Now streaming service this week. PC Game Pass subscribers will be able to start streaming titles through GeForce Now on August 24th, including first-party Microsoft games like Deathloop and Grounded as well as third-party titles like No Man’s Sky and Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord.

While PC Game Pass and Microsoft Store games will be available on GeForce Now, not all of them will be available to stream immediately on Nvidia’s service. Nvidia has done the work to integrate the Microsoft Store into GeForce Now, but it still needs to onboard all the games that are available on a PC Game Pass subscription.

That means PC Game Pass subscribers and anyone who has purchased a Microsoft Store game might need to wait a little while yet for their entire library to be available on GeForce Now.

Microsoft’s first Xbox games for PC started arriving on GeForce Now in May, following a deal between Microsoft and Nvidia. The companies signed a 10-year agreement that allows Nvidia to license Xbox PC games to GeForce Now as part of a broader effort from Microsoft to appease regulators over its proposed Activision Blizzard deal. The deal also includes access to Activision Blizzard titles if Microsoft completes the acquisition.

Cloud gaming has proved to be a contentious part of Microsoft’s proposed Activision Blizzard acquisition, with the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority citing it as the primary reason it blocked the deal in April. In response, Microsoft is planning to sell off its Activision Blizzard cloud gaming rights to Ubisoft in an attempt to get the deal cleared in the UK. Ubisoft will control the streaming rights to Activision Blizzard games outside of the EU and license titles back to Microsoft to be included in Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1693870939514036379?s=20

Oh no it's the worst possible thing that could have happened. gently caress you UK

Lol

quote:

This restructured deal means that if Microsoft does close its proposed acquisition then it will not be able to release Activision Blizzard games exclusively on Xbox Cloud Gaming. Microsoft won’t be able to exclusively control the licensing terms of Activision Blizzard games on rival services either. Instead, Ubisoft will control the streaming rights to Activision Blizzard games outside of the EU, and license titles back to Microsoft to be included in Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Fortnite news: more teasers
Another unvaulted weapon?

Skin teaser. Looks like Buff Fishsticks.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQJb8He0pYA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

charles martinet is retiring from his racist portrayal of mario.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
chris pratt has been signed into a life-debt to nintendo for accepting a modded gameboy advance from a fan

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Charles Martinet announced as the new official voice of John Armoredcore

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

my body is ready

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

grrrrrooOoOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAGGGGHH

had a wonderful day in the sun but I want to be a 30 foot tall warcrimes robot

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i love the aesthetic of the tank legs but i hate the idea of being slow

quad legs seems cool too, but i feel like id be a sitting duck just hovering everywhere

choices, choices...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit:
Edit: the new skin could be this survey skin

I think it looks cool if so.

twink jaws

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i love the aesthetic of the tank legs but i hate the idea of being slow

quad legs seems cool too, but i feel like id be a sitting duck just hovering everywhere

choices, choices...

I just read some article about legs and it said you could boost slam into enemies with the treads and stagger them so that seems cool.
Goat legs seem cool too, extra kicking power!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Al! posted:

twink jaws

Lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

charles martinet is retiring from his racist portrayal of mario.

if anti italian racism ever becomes wrong we're going to look at him like stephen fetchitt

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

Modding bg3 to use 3d6 instead

HERO system does this and its the best TTRPG*.

In exciting news, the Battle Brothers guys are coming out with what looks like an XCOM-like:

https://twitter.com/OverhypeStudios/status/1693596862970744984?s=20

I really enjoyed Battle Brothers, until my best run had a bug where the game froze up for like 30 seconds and when it unfroze the game had advanced ~400 years and all my guys were starving and hated me, and my last save was 2 hours previous, immediately before the hardest fight I'd ever had.

I was doing real good, too... :smith:

*that no one but me has ever played

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hell yeah, see this is the kind of poo poo you just don't get in Baldur's Gate 3.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Red Baron posted:

my body is ready

i’ve been literally preparing my body over the last few days to make me as physically close to a desiccated husk ac pilot as possible. been eating nothing but the pale flavourless nutrient slurry that is soylent. feeling extremely hosed up, and ready to game!!!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Somehow had no time to actually play Roadwarden after starting out last week, but I'm already fighting restartitis. What do you mean the prices change if you look like poo poo?

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
just finished reloading my save in bg3 5 times in a row to pass a roll i had previously passed, but died later without saving afterwards. i can definitely see why this is the best reviewed game of all time

edit: and the ui for picking my skill bonus is broken and i have to do it all over again, lmao

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

bro that little murder dwarf in act 3 is terrifying. he sure knows how to get up in them guts with a dagger and one shot half my party.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

3 days until

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

cool av posted:

ARMORED CORE VI FIRES OF RUBICON

but that game comes out in two days

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

punished milkman posted:

just finished reloading my save in bg3 5 times in a row to pass a roll i had previously passed, but died later without saving afterwards. i can definitely see why this is the best reviewed game of all time

Maybe you should remember to save and also live with your failures

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

punished milkman posted:

edit: and the ui for picking my skill bonus is broken and i have to do it all over again, lmao

literal skill issue

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

imo bg3 should seed its rolls at chargen like some games do so you cant savescum to fudge them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

anyway this is not relevant to murking dudes with zombie pirates

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Do we have any idea what sort of performance to expect from AC6 on PC? I'm really hoping I can pull off 120fps with at least 1440p.

That game seems like it'll be a lot of fun. I probably won't chase high ranks or anything, but it seems much more like something I'd enjoy than Elden Ring.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

imo being mad about save scumming is p funny

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Do we have any idea what sort of performance to expect from AC6 on PC? I'm really hoping I can pull off 120fps with at least 1440p.

That game seems like it'll be a lot of fun. I probably won't chase high ranks or anything, but it seems much more like something I'd enjoy than Elden Ring.

It sounds like it's less taxing on a PC than Elden Ring was, though I'm interested in seeing what Digital Foundry has to say once they get to spend some time with it.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Ytlaya posted:

i’ve only heard good things re: performance from the people who have had a chance to play it so far. the system requirements are fairly low and it seems like it’s in a much more stable state than elden ring. the raw gameplay footage released so far also seems real smooth.

…but i find it hard to believe that from software will release a game that doesn’t at least stutter a little tho

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

imo being mad about save scumming is p funny

you've cheated not just the game....but yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Dr Pepper posted:

Maybe you should remember to save and also live with your failures

i’ve (mostly) tried to stay true to the dice but i shan’t be letting my dudes die or be skipping things that seem cool to me