Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

drat that looks good.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Biplane posted:

drat that looks good. Is this how I find out I'm gay?

Eating poo poo doesn't make you gay. Otherwise the skateboarding community would be a lot more flamboyant.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lobok posted:

Eating poo poo doesn't make you gay. Otherwise the skateboarding community would be a lot more flamboyant.

Lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lobok posted:

You were too fast for my edit and also lmao

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

penis paste cream AND a turd of caramel?

sometimes more is less Honey's Bakehouse

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
It's a typo. It's supposed to read "spine paste"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

canyoneer posted:

It's a typo. It's supposed to read "spine paste"

yeah well what about the turd then?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There's a reason Arby's slogan is "We have the meats", and they don't specify on the type of meat.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 15:06 on Aug 22, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Unlike cats, rat's have very little meat on them, and make for bad, bland burgers.

Don't listens to Stallones lies.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
While there may be plenty of rats in the San Angeles underground, harvesting enough rat meat to make a burger that size would be a hell of a time sink.

That burger must've cost :20bux:.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

still better than Taco Bell

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Unless, of course, the rodents have mutated to unusual size.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There's a reason Arby's slogan is "We have the meats", and they don't specify on the type of meat.

The mysterious lights above the Arby's are a nice touch.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

davidspackage posted:

likely nutria burgers they're passing off as rat

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They call them nutria because theyre so nutritious.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

cult_hero posted:

The mysterious lights above the Arby's are a nice touch.

This is the Night Vale Arby’s isn’t it

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

davidspackage posted:

It always bothered me. Unusual size doesn't mean bigger necessarily. Can we just not see the unusualy small rodents?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

davidspackage posted:

Rodents of unusual size? I don't think they exist.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Android Apocalypse posted:

While there may be plenty of rats in the San Angeles underground, harvesting enough rat meat to make a burger that size would be a hell of a time sink.

That burger must've cost :20bux:.

She makes a good point when she asks Stallone if he sees any cows down there, leading to the rat conversation, but my follow up question was always "do you see any loving wheat farms down here either?!?"

What the hell is that bun made of?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cyrano4747 posted:

She makes a good point when she asks Stallone if he sees any cows down there, leading to the rat conversation, but my follow up question was always "do you see any loving wheat farms down here either?!?"

Buns, not being made of meat, would be easily obtainable on the surface?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cyrano4747 posted:

They still grow wheat on the surface, just don't slaughter animals for food anymore. So I imagine they just buy their buns. When Taco Bell (or maybe Pizza Hut in your region) won the fast food war, they also incorporated vegan burgers into their menu and there is still demand for buns.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Beachcomber posted:

Buns, not being made of meat, would be easily obtainable on the surface?

We watch them conduct a military raid to secure some taco bell, so I don't think that really counts as "easily obtainable," at least not nearly enough to be selling from a street cart.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Paladinus posted:

They still grow wheat on the surface, just don't slaughter animals for food anymore. So I imagine they just buy their buns. When Taco Bell (or maybe Pizza Hut in your region) won the fast food war, they also incorporated vegan burgers into their menu and there is still demand for buns.

I suppose in the future Taco Bell abandoned their policy of "thinking outside the bun"

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Cyrano4747 posted:

A slightly bigger rat.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Eating meat is bad for you and thus the consumption of meat was outlawed. The consumption of wheat was not given similar treatment, so wheat based products are readily available everywhere, including for theft. Since growing beef for consumption would be a conspicuous activity easily stopped, if they want animal protein they gotta use something smaller and more easily concealable, especially considering they're living underground.

Scene makes total sense. Just coincidentally watched it two days ago.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LifeSunDeath posted:

The dollar bill makes this look like one of those police photos where they show their lame drug haul

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

We watch them conduct a military raid to secure some taco bell, so I don't think that really counts as "easily obtainable," at least not nearly enough to be selling from a street cart.

Stealing and/or smuggling bread is probably easier than conducting a military raid, especially with how ineffective the police are

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

LifeSunDeath posted:

And they also count as fish (except the groundhog), so you can eat them during Lent!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ah nutria, my favorite fish.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

nutria is definitely some overpriced whole foods bullshit

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Kwyndig posted:

Ah nutria, my favorite fish.

more than crocodile or alligator?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Indecisive posted:

nutria is definitely some overpriced whole foods bullshit

it's just chocolate and hazelnut, why so expensive?

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

kazil posted:

it's just chocolate and hazelnut, why so expensive?

How many dudes do you know named ‘Hazel’?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Aperture Priority posted:

Did somebody say hazelnut?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Aperture Priority posted:

??

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I've been watching Demolition Man, on a whim, over the last two nights and now this thread is suddenly posting scenes that are at the point I stopped at, last night.

:tinfoil:

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Barometer posted:

I've been watching Demolition Man, on a whim, over the last two nights and now this thread is suddenly posting scenes that are at the point I stopped at, last night.

:tinfoil:

Yes, we know.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Also - clean your bathroom already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005