Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BCR posted:

Another vote for novavax. I had astrazenica, Pfizer and novavax. The others left an achy arm. Novavax felt fine, no response. Novavax also is meant to be more effective against a wide range of strains which is a bonus.

My first Novavax shot initially felt fine but started hurting after a few minutes. The pain increased until about ten minutes after the shot (I'd rate it 3/10), then quickly waned. My wife had the same response. No pain at all when I got another Novavax booster last week.

My previous shots had been both Pfizer and Moderna monovalents and before that two Astrazenaca. All those left me with various amounts of nausea 12ish hours out. Nothing like that with Novavax.

As always YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Al! posted:

doctors are fake, discuss

they are real, good, and my friends

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

if you disagree with your doctor seek a second opinion from another doctor not the covid thread on something awful

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

bedpan posted:

expanded my paxlovid hoard today. went to the pharmacy and said I was the paxlovid inspector and walked away with 50 boxes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

U-DO Burger posted:

Huh, I have never seen the DO acronym before. It looks to me like people are trying to channel their inner jesus and touch people back to health?

The president’s physician is a DO. There’s nothing wrong with DOs per se, they can be fine doctors, they just had to wade through some bullshit to get there.

This particular DO is bad because he is enabling a very bad man.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Aug 22, 2023

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
FAAFP

salient
Jan 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/avierkant/status/1694046199743930540 https://twitter.com/gwendystar_/status/1694083303417225227
the cdc is going to allow hospital administrators to get their way and equate surgicals w n95s and i am going to lose my loving mind

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

salient posted:

the cdc is going to allow hospital administrators to get their way and equate surgicals w n95s and i am going to lose my loving mind

this is the explicit purpose for which lobbying firms have always existed.

salient
Jan 2, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

this is the explicit purpose for which lobbying firms have always existed.

this is a fact that the average public health professional will deny to your face. i was talking to someone who was involved in writing the early cdc covid isolation guidelines and she could not accept that the private sector has any influence on public health. i showed her the delta airline ceo statement demanding 5 day isolation and she just went "huh"

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

why tf are there 500 posts in here since I looked last night? is there a covid wave or somethin?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

biceps crimes posted:

why tf are there 500 posts in here since I looked last night? is there a covid wave or somethin?

Yes, but also someone reopened the sad thread.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

biceps crimes posted:

we discovered that allergens can be roasted out of existence

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

biceps crimes posted:

B.A. 2.86 aka Pirola is spreadin fast.

Also: signed up and did the training videos and filled out the forms and stuff to become a cat foster mom today :3 very excited. Staying plenty busy and still masking and still never caught covid. Through ignoring all peer pressure, good things are possible.

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 00:32 on Aug 23, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

pretty sus how supposedly well adjusted people spend hours of their day posting about and in a thread they think is crazy. i even like this thread and only get to glance at it while I'm making GBS threads at work or something. get a hobby imo

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

U-DO Burger posted:

we discovered that allergens can be roasted out of existence

and that osteopaths(not to be confused with doctors of osteopathy) and chiropractors skulk strip malls like vampires

*pictured, said skulking vampires*

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

biceps crimes posted:

pretty sus how supposedly well adjusted people spend hours of their day posting about and in a thread they think is crazy. i even like this thread and only get to glance at it while I'm making GBS threads at work or something. get a hobby imo

You don't understand we have to choose the thread for their mental health.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

salient posted:

this is a fact that the average public health professional will deny to your face. i was talking to someone who was involved in writing the early cdc covid isolation guidelines and she could not accept that the private sector has any influence on public health. i showed her the delta airline ceo statement demanding 5 day isolation and she just went "huh"

And many educators are unwilling or unable to grasp that entities like McGraw-Hill have captured the public education system. This isn't a phenomenon unique to doctors, it's simply the end result of capitalism's "soft" propaganda

salient
Jan 2, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

And many educators are unwilling or unable to grasp that entities like McGraw-Hill have captured the public education system. This isn't a phenomenon unique to doctors, it's simply the end result of capitalism's "soft" propaganda

i am not talking about physicians 🫡

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
We need to bring the thread in Something Awful culture by also making this a thread to post really boring video game opinions.

I’m currently playing Remember Me solely because I’d played the first chapter of it when it was new and never touched it again. It so far is a perfect time capsule of 2013 politics where the evil corporation that controls everything and the rebels are presented as equally bad.

Next I want to play Last of Us 2 which is more plague relevant.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Shiroc posted:

We need to bring the thread in Something Awful culture by also making this a thread to post really boring video game opinions.

I’m currently playing Remember Me solely because I’d played the first chapter of it when it was new and never touched it again. It so far is a perfect time capsule of 2013 politics where the evil corporation that controls everything and the rebels are presented as equally bad.

Might crack out Homeworld: Catalcysm.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
All something awful threads are improved with food chat. To contribute

Im making homemade chicken alfredo pizza tonight.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Shiroc posted:

I will always recommend Death Stranding as an extremely COVID-appropriate game

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Shiroc posted:

posting a bunch of white noise crap is a battle tested and highly effective strategy for averting the burning gaze of sad, but at what cost....

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shiroc posted:

Mods the COVID thread is fantasizing about dog murder simulators.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

breaking news: covid thread admits defeat! vg thread establishes critical foothold! stirring footage of our brave gaming men at the front! gooooooooo get em lads!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Gonna play the gently caress out of some sunbreak tonight, I got a bunch of decos on my wishlist to get my lbg build up to par

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Platystemon posted:

Mods the COVID thread is fantasizing about dog murder simulators.

In the opinion of local news and the Mayor, the parts where Ellie needs to fight hordes of monsters and murderers across downtown Seattle is true to life now and why we need more cops and full return to office.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
It's only AIDS if it comes from the HIV region of Italy

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

It's only AIDS if it comes from the HIV region of Italy

don't start this stupid poo poo for the love of god.

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

I've been playing Chained Echoes and it has been a nice time. Really nailed the "what if pixel JRPG but with modern amenities and lots of secrets to find" goal, IMO.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
If we need to make it a probatable thing to say covid is like an airborne auto immune deficiency syndrome to keep the sad crew from going nuts - just implement the rule.

I dont think any of the regulars here effectively give a poo poo and just dont want people riled up at the comment.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
BG3 is sick (in the good way) but I find I'm a touch burned out on it. Very excited for Starfield.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've also been buying a ton of DS games lately to play all of the stuff that I never got to when it was new. Had a bit of a frown behind my mask when the nice but obviously sick employee kept wiping her nose with her hand getting something out of the case and running my payment.

I used an alcohol wipe on the game when I got home.

I got two of the Trauma Center games, which I think will make me basically a doctor when I'm done so everything I say in the thread about health will become unchallengeable fact.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
this Poe league is fun I’ve been doing that instead of doom reading this thread

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

nexous posted:

this Poe league is fun I’ve been doing that instead of doom reading this thread

I'm gonna try and sink some time into it this weekend, my wife doesn't like when I play "really clicky games" though lmao

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Lib and let die posted:

I'm gonna try and sink some time into it this weekend, my wife doesn't like when I play "really clicky games" though lmao

just get cancer and tell her it’s the only thing that distracts you from thinking about it

never have I been this far on day 3 of a league

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

nexous posted:

just get cancer and tell her it’s the only thing that distracts you from thinking about it

I've skipped out on a couple of leagues since Expedition and never tried an RF build to start before so I think I'm gonna go that route and see where it gets me

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

I'm just so sick of the constant nonsense, I was enjoying talking with Rosalind, maybe hearing about the project to get an idea of how many states are coughing up the poo data.

:smithicide:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

nexous posted:

lol we're at like 30 loving reports on this thread so far today. excited to see what this one will be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

If the SAD forum thinks I obsess about COVID they should check out how many hours I've racked up in Against the Storm lately.