Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrHIpwjBb_s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
New live-action trailer too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BMGCoD6lPw

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I like that they portray the gang as having no redeemable aspects whatsoever. I feel like it'd be tempting to show them being nice to the civs but this feels way more true to the gameplay.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I like that they portray the gang as having no redeemable aspects whatsoever. I feel like it'd be tempting to show them being nice to the civs but this feels way more true to the gameplay.

That's right. We are monsters with no redeeming qualities. It's just that gensec and the payday gang's enemies are somehow worse.

It's also nice to see Ice T in the payday universe. Gotta have that Hollywood star to anchor the game.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Ice T back on the right side of law enforcement, you love to see it

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is this...hype?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I can't fuckin wait to play this game with the homies and it being on gamepass is icing on the cake since I don't have to convince anyone to buy a new game.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Elendil004 posted:

Is this...hype?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The co-op goons server remains an excellent place for payday 2 play, and I am committed to keeping it an excellent place for payday 3 as well.

https://discord.gg/vabSrz57gz

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Discendo Vox posted:

The co-op goons server remains an excellent place for payday 2 play, and I am committed to keeping it an excellent place for payday 3 as well.

https://discord.gg/vabSrz57gz

Your old av was better.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Was there ever info on Crossplay? I would like to buy the game on steam but some of my buddies would like to play it via gamepass.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kikas posted:

Was there ever info on Crossplay? I would like to buy the game on steam but some of my buddies would like to play it via gamepass.

There's now crossplay with epic, I do not believe console crossplay is possible- console approvals made keeping the console editions fully up to date impossible.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

There's now crossplay with epic, I do not believe console crossplay is possible- console approvals made keeping the console editions fully up to date impossible.

I mean for Payday 3, and they would be playing on the PC gamepass anyway.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Crossplay is in:

https://www.paydaythegame.com/payday3/faq/

edit: replaced with the official source

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, Plaion just revealed the remaining two heisters, a new one and a return that's quite surprising:

https://twitter.com/PLAION_Americas/status/1696995249485193512

https://twitter.com/PLAION_Americas/status/1696996147758272889

I guess the VA was there, but after Jacket this was my least expected comeback. Good designs tho, i like both.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I hope they are changing Joy a lot, with a new VA or something. Her voice was really grating, especially in combination with a lot of her voice lines just being constant shouting about points. Also I am kinda disappointed we aren't getting Clover back, I always kind of thought of her as the 5th member of the gang. Houston doesn't count.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

At least it's not Ethan or Hila :shrug:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I hope they are changing Joy a lot, with a new VA or something. Her voice was really grating, especially in combination with a lot of her voice lines just being constant shouting about points. Also I am kinda disappointed we aren't getting Clover back, I always kind of thought of her as the 5th member of the gang. Houston doesn't count.

Yeah, experiencing the "Joy" of a FAK build with her was, uh, something. They probably know that and made her voice a lighter on the ears. No word on any VA names yet, I wonder who voices the new one.
Sharing your disappointment as well, especially since I have the most hours played with Clover. Mostly because the hair physics combined with the car physics was something that pissed of my buddies immensly :v:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sorry Clover wasn't hot enough for modern gamers.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
You just had to go and remind me of this, didn't you?

Anyway, Clover Crew 4 Life; maintaining hope that she gets added back in at some point since it was way too much fun yelling at everything as her

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Wintermutant posted:

You just had to go and remind me of this, didn't you?

It's probably one of the best dumb things about the payday 2 lore and gamerbrain.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

... something occured to me. How the gently caress did Clover not make digs at Bonnie's home country?Or is it one of those "oi I'm not that kinda scot" type of deals.

Kikas posted:

So, Plaion just revealed the remaining two heisters, a new one and a return that's quite surprising:

https://twitter.com/PLAION_Americas/status/1696995249485193512

https://twitter.com/PLAION_Americas/status/1696996147758272889

I guess the VA was there, but after Jacket this was my least expected comeback. Good designs tho, i like both.

For some reason, I thought Joy - had on a hoodie in PD2. Still a nice upgrade in attire, though.

widespread fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 31, 2023

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Clover's great and has been my preferred heister since we've had preferred heisters but I've made my peace with her not returning in 3 long ago. IIRC Aoife Duffin messed her voice up somewhat recording lines for 2 - not as badly as Ulf I think, but when they got her back in the studio for medic lines it was a noticeable difference - and I'd guess Starbreeze isn't willing to hand her whatever fat sack of cash would get her back for 3.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

Clover's great and has been my preferred heister since we've had preferred heisters but I've made my peace with her not returning in 3 long ago. IIRC Aoife Duffin messed her voice up somewhat recording lines for 2 - not as badly as Ulf I think, but when they got her back in the studio for medic lines it was a noticeable difference - and I'd guess Starbreeze isn't willing to hand her whatever fat sack of cash would get her back for 3.

At least not yet. Who knows where pd3 is going to go if they are as successful as pd2 was.

There's always hope :unsmith:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I don't care wht kind of licensing poo poo or whatever they would have to deal with, loving bring Jimmy back or I'll riot

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Nordick posted:

I don't care wht kind of licensing poo poo or whatever they would have to deal with, loving bring Jimmy Jacket back or I'll riot

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Nordick posted:

I don't care wht kind of licensing poo poo or whatever they would have to deal with, loving bring Jimmy back or I'll riot

Look man cocaine ain't cheap

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'm a Bonnie fan but I don't have any reason to believe she'll be back, RIP.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
did they ever state if DLC heists are required by all players or just the host?

iirc PD2 let it operate by just the host?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Revitalized posted:

did they ever state if DLC heists are required by all players or just the host?

iirc PD2 let it operate by just the host?

In PD2 just the host needed the DLC heists. AFAIK it has not been announced for PD3 yet. I do know they've announced it's a live service game, you'll be required to be online to play.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Another payday 3 stress test beta(aka the EXACT the same build as August) will launch tomorrow.
https://www.paydaythegame.com/payday3/beta/

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
FYI: if anyone requested access to the previous beta and didn't get in, the new request button won't appear. But this workaround fixed it for me:

1. Go to the Steam store page for Payday 3 in Google Chrome (Ensure you are logged into your steam account)

2. Press F12 to open up the Elements HTML

3. Go to the section "Console"

4. Paste javascript:RequestPlaytestAccess(); Into the Console

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Wintermutant posted:

FYI: if anyone requested access to the previous beta and didn't get in, the new request button won't appear. But this workaround fixed it for me:

1. Go to the Steam store page for Payday 3 in Google Chrome (Ensure you are logged into your steam account)

2. Press F12 to open up the Elements HTML

3. Go to the section "Console"

4. Paste java script:RequestPlaytestAccess(); Into the Console

This'll also work if you open the Payday 3 store page in the Steam browser and paste java script:RequestPlaytestAccess(); into the URL bar.

e: vvv I requested access for the previous closed beta, didn't get in, my Request Access button wasn't available because I had hit it last time, Steam sent me zero e-mails regarding it, and as soon as I did the javascript URL paste I was in.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 8, 2023

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I think it doesn't show up because you're automatically considered for future playtests. I submitted one for the previous playtest, didn't get in. Did not submit a new one, and I got an email a few minutes ago for this new playtest.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yep, same here. Just got an invite and I requested access last time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Game feels good, a bit laggy but apparently this is a very old build. Also I could stand to turn down some graphics probably. People are pissed about having to make an account to play the game but if that means that I can start on gamepass then buy it later on steam and my progress carries over I'm cool w/ it. I might not play a whole lot of this since the actual release is so close at this point and I don't really want to spoil too much.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

explosivo posted:

Game feels good, a bit laggy but apparently this is a very old build. Also I could stand to turn down some graphics probably. People are pissed about having to make an account to play the game but if that means that I can start on gamepass then buy it later on steam and my progress carries over I'm cool w/ it. I might not play a whole lot of this since the actual release is so close at this point and I don't really want to spoil too much.

According to the beta FAQ any progress made in the beta will not carry over to the official release 2 weeks from now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

EorayMel posted:

According to the beta FAQ any progress made in the beta will not carry over to the official release 2 weeks from now.

Oh yeah I'm not expecting it to. I just mean once the game is out there'll be cross progression and stuff.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Beta feels rough optimization wise and in a really odd way. I got a 3080ti, 16 gigs of ram, and a Ryzen 9 5950x but even at medium I wasn’t cracking 60 FPs yet when I was loooing at my GPU load it wasn’t going any higher load than like 65% but the game auto set itself to ultra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Me and my friend got into the beta and spent about 20 minutes trying to start a game together and just...couldn't. The game kept bugging out and listing him as being at level -255 and having no loadout, and every time we tried to launch a game it'd just hang on the ready screen or kick us out before that with a network error. We eventually just gave up without even getting to try the game.

Doesn't exactly bode well.