Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
Hot Take: Good Burger is Clerks for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

you hate his movies

I remember really liking Dawn of the Dead and had a memorably great time seeing 300 in the theater.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

I remember really liking Dawn of the Dead and had a memorably great time seeing 300 in the theater.

you remember liking them? is this a carefully considered perspective on zack snyder based on revisiting his movies and considering them in context or did you see only some of his movies, and only once

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

scary ghost dog posted:

you remember liking them? is this a carefully considered perspective on zack snyder based on revisiting his movies and considering them in context or did you see only some of his movies, and only once

It's a post that's emblematic of all those lovely film pundits on YT who bashed the Snyder Cut's existence in some longwinded video essay and then end up saying "now don't get me wrong, I'm a big Zack Snyder fan..." to try and make it seem like they're not being an idiot asshat who has no clue what they're talking about.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

I saw those two movies when they came out and genuinely liked them. I wasn’t trying to imply anything.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Jewmanji posted:

I saw those two movies when they came out and genuinely liked them. I wasn’t trying to imply anything.

Know that my post isn't talking about you personally, just that it came across that way lol.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Zack Snyder should have made Good Burger 2

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
jesus christ rebel moon looks like a ps2 game

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Tim Whatley posted:

Zack Snyder should have made Good Burger 2

I thought that's what everyone is fighting about!!! I am so loving confused!!!!!!!!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

kiimo posted:

Watchmen was one of the best comic book movies ever made.

Lmao

I will freely admit that Snyder’s movies are just not for me, I’m fine that other people like them, but the vitriol from both his fans and haters is absolutely insane and you could teach a psych class on it probably

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’m all for more big budget sci-fi, but found that trailer very bland. At least the folks who like it will get part two quickly.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Horizon Burning posted:

jesus christ rebel moon looks like a ps2 game

what ps2 game looks like this i'd like to play it on my ps2

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

well why not posted:

that looks exactly like final fantasy 12, star ocean till the end of time, and dark cloud 2

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I think he meant the art style, not the render.

It does have a lot of early 2000s JRPG vibes.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Lol at the Space Overalls and Space Scythe

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
The PS2 fuckin rules

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I'm not entirely being silly, I would love to play a PS2 game styled after these scenes.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ppl getting upset about Snyder

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sofia Boutella keeps on being in movies and I dunno, and it's never that spectacular. She also keeps getting cast in action roles. Was she a stuntman or professional dancer?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Shageletic posted:

Sofia Boutella keeps on being in movies and I dunno, and it's never that spectacular. She also keeps getting cast in action roles. Was she a stuntman or professional dancer?

quote:

Growing up in Paris, Boutella was exposed to many more forms of dance, particularly hip hop and street-dance, which intrigued her for offering more "freedom" compared to the more disciplined styles of ballet and gymnastics.[11] She joined a group called the Vagabond Crew, which won the Battle of the Year in 2006, and participated in a spin-off group called "Chiennes de Vie and Aphrodites".

Her breakthrough as a dancer came in 2007, when she was picked for the Jamie King choreography for Nike Women's "Keep Up" campaign, serving as a role model of femininity and hip-hop.[16][11] This was a major boost to her career and led to more work alongside stars like Madonna, in her Confessions Tour, and Rihanna.[15][16] She credits her work with Madonna for helping her learn English.[17]

Boutella successfully auditioned for the Michael Jackson This Is It concerts but could not attend due to the extension of the Madonna tour, whose dates coincided with the Jackson tour.[18] She was the main character in the music video for "Hollywood Tonight" by Michael Jackson in February 2011.[19][18]

I liked her in Star Trek: Beyond :shrug:

Rebel Moon trailer gave me Jupiter Ascending vibes for some reason, but at the end of the day, regardless of the quality of the film, I'd rather it be an original IP instead of whatever non-Andor Star Wars poo poo Disney shits out.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

That one I didn't see. She just didn't make much of an impact on me in Kingsman, Atomic, the bits of the ne Mummy I saw, etc

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

well why not posted:

on reflection, it looks like a n64 game (eg. perfect dark)

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
I liked Sofia Boutella in Panos Cosmatos' episode "The Viewing" from Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYSGyRdLm0g

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

GrandpaPants posted:

Rebel Moon trailer gave me Jupiter Ascending vibes for some reason

That and also the chronicles of riddick?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Horizon Burning posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Colonel Whitey posted:

I will freely admit that Snyder’s movies are just not for me, I’m fine that other people like them, but the vitriol from both his fans and haters is absolutely insane and you could teach a psych class on it probably

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

elf help book posted:

The PS2 fuckin rules

Truth

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Horizon Burning posted:

Lol quit trollin

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Also perfect dark was dope

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

This movie looks exactly the same as a Commodore 64.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Shageletic posted:

That one I didn't see. She just didn't make much of an impact on me in Kingsman, Atomic, the bits of the ne Mummy I saw, etc

I thought she did a good job in Kingsman in adapting how she moved to reflect that her character would eventually have prosthetic legs CGI'd in, which makes sense for a professional dancer.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Zack Snyder should make a Perfect Dark movie.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
looking forward to the thread where we just say what video game console specific movies look like

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Snooze Cruise posted:

looking forward to the thread where we just say what video game console specific movies look like

What a Jaguar post :rolleyes:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

GrandpaPants posted:

What a Jaguar post :rolleyes:

posting 32X i see :blastu:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jewmanji posted:

That and also the chronicles of riddick?

That's the first thing it made me think of. I actually think it looks cool and has a few actors I really like, but it also looks kind of exhausting.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Colonel Whitey posted:

Lmao

do you know what vitriol means

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its like how much cum a dude can fill in a test tube, right? pretty gross, this website is too dude-y sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Ror posted:

it's here. the excitement in the air is palpable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61I6LORlyBg

If ItsGoodBurgerEd is not in the movie, then there is no justice in this world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4BYy6rLfiA