Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL39q9cl5T0&t=30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Gotta be the water boiler or something like that, right?

My guess is gas leak, whether "bad seal" accidental or "left the grill on" accidental

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Eagles/Colts joint practice was apparently cancelled after too many fights. Derek Barnett punched Anthony Richardson as well.
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1694009766064894313?s=20

Seems weird those teams wouldn't get along with how the coaches have been on both teams

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

kidcoelacanth posted:

it's pandemonium here in baltimore. buildings are burning, children are screaming, i fear i will not survive the day.

isnt this just a normal day in baltimore?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
That's absolutely a gas explosion. Unless he was cooking meth in the place, there's really not much else that makes sense.

Man, that's awful...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

That's absolutely a gas explosion. Unless he was cooking meth in the place, there's really not much else that makes sense.

Man, that's awful...

If that’s meth then he was cooking enough for all Tennessee.

I saw a patient post meth explosion strong enough to paste his arms to the mid forearm and all it did was knock down the walls of his trailer.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Def looks like a gas leak explosion. I remember seeing pics of a house that blew up in Lexington, MA back when I lived in the area.

Interestingly enough a food truck's propane tank near work blew up a couple months ago. The small structure itself was demolished, but the carts next to it sustained minimal damage. Several windows in office buildings did get blown out, so I have no idea how bomb physics works… and I saw Oppenheimer twice!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: wrong thread

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Jan. 6er making pipe bombs for the Trump arraignment

No, we all know who the Football Kwizatz Haderach is :smug:

The Kwisatz Haderach is definitely Mahomes but the Maker is the Baker because it's just a big worm.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is great

https://twitter.com/InBijanWeTrust/status/1693714675572023765

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I don't know anything else that could blow up a house like that other than a gas leak, but even then the gas leak had to be pretty big before the spark went off, drat

I once lived 2 blocks from a bagel shop that blew up due to construction hitting a gas line and the shop was less destroyed than that house is, and that explosion shook the whole drat apartment building and knocked poo poo off my walls

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1694033635031089371?s=20

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Whelp I'm in love.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

God he’s Peak Raider

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I bought some of this to put on some beer brats I cooked up for watching the draft. It's decent!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I bought some of this to put on some beer brats I cooked up for watching the draft. It's decent!

What does a touchdown in your mouth taste like

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Keep this man away from MS politicians

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Codependent Poster posted:

Victory

Nov 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L2p9fldkZ0

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

A Thought occurred to me:

Jalen Hurts is in the same place that Kyler Murray was three years ago. People who only pay attention to fanty and talking heads thinks he's a great player who is a generational talent, but people who actually watch football know he's a work in progress. Not saying that Hurts can't make the leap, but he still has a lot of issues (as evidenced by his poor Superbowl outing).

Granted, Hurts has already shown more than Murray has.

Feeling very vindicated after saying that Murray looks like a high end backup after 2020 and having 90% of TFF disagree with me. Please don't ask my about my thoughts on Josh Rosen pre-draft.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Jalen Hurts is in the same place that Kyler Murray was three years ago.

Like a specific Call of Duty rank?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MrLogan posted:

Jalen Hurts is in the same place that Kyler Murray was three years ago. People who only pay attention to fanty and talking heads thinks he's a great player who is a generational talent, but people who actually watch football know he's a work in progress. Not saying that Hurts can't make the leap, but he still has a lot of issues (as evidenced by his poor Superbowl outing).

Granted, Hurts has already shown more than Murray has.

'people who pay attention to fanty' Go to hell man. Dude's a good story, no one expected this, no one who is serious is calling him a generational talent. He's doing the best with what he's got going for him.

And...well...I've noticed a particular thing about your preferences for QBs. This is actually worse than your gimmick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Youve gotta be "in the know"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

'people who pay attention to fanty' Go to hell man. Dude's a good story, no one expected this, no one who is serious is calling him a generational talent. He's doing the best with what he's got going for him.

And...well...I've noticed a particular thing about your preferences for QBs. This is actually worse than your gimmick.

Run first QB's always get different scrutiny than pocket QBs. Remember Fran Tarkenton was kind of the first to do it and everyone loved to hate on him. There isn't much difference in the criticisms with Hurts and Daniel Jones either. You really have to throw more than 22 TDs in a super bowl year for people to trust that you can pass too.

It's also not entirely off base to say that people pay attention a lot to fantasy or just stats in general since most people don't have time to watch every single game.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Warzone ranked mode will have Kyler on extended ACL recovery timeline.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
I hate the Eagles and think (hope) Hurts/Philly is due for a heavy regression this year, but I don’t think there’s a good faith argument that he had a bad Super Bowl, even with the fumble

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Thanks for calling me a racist for pointing out that Hurts still has a lot of work to do as a QB. Not sure where you are coming from since I'm the same person who was banging the drum that Lamar was the best QB in the 2018 draft class pre-draft.

I'm also not sure how you are offended that I said that people who only pay attention to fanty think Hurts' better as a football player than he really is? That seems like a self evident statement. I said I think Hurts still capable of making the leap still.

Here is just one example, btw: https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/08/21/jalen-hurts-philadelphia-eagles-qb-super-bowl-intentions-mindset-daily-cover

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I hate the Eagles and think (hope) Hurts/Philly is due for a heavy regression this year, but I don’t think there’s a good faith argument that he had a bad Super Bowl, even with the fumble

The Eagles lost because he couldn't fit the ball into a tight window and he made a lot of really bad decisions. Granted quite a few managed to work out. Throwing into triple coverage isn't a good idea, even if it results in a TD.

Doltos posted:

Run first QB's always get different scrutiny than pocket QBs. Remember Fran Tarkenton was kind of the first to do it and everyone loved to hate on him. There isn't much difference in the criticisms with Hurts and Daniel Jones either. You really have to throw more than 22 TDs in a super bowl year for people to trust that you can pass too.

It's also not entirely off base to say that people pay attention a lot to fantasy or just stats in general since most people don't have time to watch every single game.

Hurts looks much better than Jones. I didn't watch a lot of Giants football last year, but I don't think Jones is going to be a worthwhile QB.

I also don't think there's a one size fits all of "running QB"; Allen and Lamar are very different "running QBs" for example.

Where you draw the line at running QB versus non-running is a bit blurred. Mahomes and younger Rodgers taking off for a first when nothing is available and there's grass in front of them is a monster headache for DCs. However, I don't think most people would define them as "running QBs" even though they are very capable of making plays with their legs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

I hate the Eagles and think he had an average Super Bowl. His one passing TD was an underthrow into double coverage that AJ Brown came down with and two of his three rushing TDs were both gimmies that RBs could have easily scored.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202302120phi.htm#all_pbp

Just take a look through the play by play and see how many times 'Jalen Hurts pass completes short' comes up. In his defense he had to be a checkdown machine because of the field situation but 25 of his 27 completions being dump offs is kind of not good. Luckily, again, he's a run first QB, and his running helped keep the Eagles in that game. He just didn't have nearly as good of a game as stats suggest.

Nov 6, 2002

MrLogan posted:

but people who actually watch football

as evidenced by his poor Superbowl outing

:thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1694173844523962423

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Still makes me laugh that after years of skipping camp and blaming rookies for a lack of chemistry, Rodgers finally shows up after leaving Green Bay

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Doltos posted:

I hate the Eagles and think he had an average Super Bowl. His one passing TD was an underthrow into double coverage that AJ Brown came down with and two of his three rushing TDs were both gimmies that RBs could have easily scored.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202302120phi.htm#all_pbp

Just take a look through the play by play and see how many times 'Jalen Hurts pass completes short' comes up. In his defense he had to be a checkdown machine because of the field situation but 25 of his 27 completions being dump offs is kind of not good. Luckily, again, he's a run first QB, and his running helped keep the Eagles in that game. He just didn't have nearly as good of a game as stats suggest.

I agree that his stats make it seem like he had a better game than he did. But he also made a few really nice throws (like the one to Goedert on 3rd and long) and some runs that weren't strictly gimmes (the 2 pt conversion looked like he had no shot until suddenly he did). To this day I have no idea what happened on the AJ Brown touchdown. Did Brown perfectly fake out McDuffie by fighting for the ball at the 5 yard line only to then catch it a couple of yards into the end zone? :shrug:

Anyway if Hurts ends up as unsuccessful as Murray in 3 years time I'll be cool with it

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hurts doesn't need a study clause in his contract, so he's already way better than Murray

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I like football and I like to post about football with all of.you

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

sweet thursday posted:

I like football and I like to post about football with all of.you

:love:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jalen Hurts is so much better than Kyler Murray ever was at any point in his life. They are absolutely nothing alike

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

Jalen Hurts is so much better than Kyler Murray ever was at any point in his life. They are absolutely nothing alike

Murray had more yards passing, more yards rushing, and more total TDs in 2020 than Hurts did last year, with a worse supporting cast. Hurts was better mostly due to keeping his turnovers down, but it’s not a huge difference.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

kiimo posted:

Murray erasure. As an Eagles fan I respect Kyler’s initial 2 years for sure. I think their gap has to do with the mental game but the story isn’t totally written! At one time Wentz looked like a world beater and everyone thought Dak fell off a cliff

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

Kyler Murray was one of the best QBs in Texas HS history. He went to the Aggies and had to sit behind Kyle Allen who was another 5 star recruit and way more traditional in size for a QB. He transfered to Oklahoma and understandably sat behind Baker for a year before having one of the better QB seasons in recent memory for his junior year.

Jalen Hurts was a four star athlete that was a surprise true freshman superstar. He came in for an injury and no one could catch him in the run game. His arm was okay but inaccurate and he lost his job to Tua after sucking in the natty. He went to Oklahoma, ran an air raid, and got his stock back up with an insane amount of rushing TDs.

Kyler was quite clearly the better player for a while, Hurts is the underdog, and I think Kyler's 2021 season was not only better than Hurts' 2022 but elite in it's own right with how he was playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We are so fickle as fans, its amazing. Everyone is gonna act shocked when Derek Carr has a great year, when Goff comes back down to earth, when Mr Irrelevant falls off in SF and loses the job to underwhelming prospect Trey Lance