Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

Not gonna lie, I want whoever's making these avatars to do a tutorial because I've been unable to get these AI image generators to output anything that didn't look like garbage. Do folks just generate thousands and pick through the poo poo haystack for a handful that manage to look decent?

They're hand painted. It's even more insane than anyone thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you use the correct one

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Midjourney is really really good and free, they probably use that

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Is hillary on the loose again?

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

Grey Cat posted:

Is hillary on the loose again?

All the avatars have led me to conclude she took control of the Empire and is on her way to Earth with the Imperial Navy.
It’s her turn.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Take a look at the last couple pages of the AI art thread if you want to see how far its come in the last year.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000251&pagenumber=346

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i have tried to use AI poo poo to make things in the recent past and when i tried to render "trump throwing hamberders at the white house walls" it rendered a beard dandruff post and i gave up

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Sedgr posted:

Take a look at the last couple pages of the AI art thread if you want to see how far its come in the last year.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000251&pagenumber=346

Yeah those of you interested in getting busy with AI image stuff you should check out that thread. I've folded Stable Diffusion into my ~professional workflow~ and it's cool and good. These Hillary avatars are relatively easy to make, though the multiple fingers thing is a scrub move :colbert:

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
What sort of jobs do people have where they can spend hundreds of dollars on JPEGs without any concern for their livelihoods? I did eventually sign up for the Goon Fund, but even still, what sort of comfy lives are other people having, and how can I get in on that?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

god please help me posted:

What sort of jobs do people have where they can spend hundreds of dollars on JPEGs without any concern for their livelihoods? I did eventually sign up for the Goon Fund, but even still, what sort of comfy lives are other people having, and how can I get in on that?

In my very limited exposure, the tankies I've met have all been slightly above middle class, in the sense that they haven't actually wanted for anything and have plenty. Might be tied to why they are chuds at heart, with a sort of cheapness about their psyche in the same way that the 'wealthy' people I've met are universally the cheapest ones as well when it comes to dollars.

If it's like those types, then they are just dumb.

Sorry :(

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

You just need a handful of millennials with a fat inheritance to "rebel" against their parents by staking out ludicrous tankie positions.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

gently caress YOU!!! DAD!!!!! STALIN WAS A HERO!!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait does that mean the Bolsheviks were wrong for waging War against the White Russians

It's a well-known fact that Stalin's greatest crime was fighting back against the Nazis. Why didn't he simply accept Hitler's terms and give peace a chance?

And in case there are some people who wish to use this as evidence of pro-facism in GBS...

This is an example of something called 'sarcasm'.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

People who would spend the money don't have concern for a variety of reasons. A lot of those reasons aren't very good.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Praxis provides.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

HonorableTB posted:

i have tried to use AI poo poo to make things in the recent past and when i tried to render "trump throwing hamberders at the white house walls" it rendered a beard dandruff post and i gave up

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Samovar posted:

It's a well-known fact that Stalin's greatest crime was fighting back against the Nazis. Why didn't he simply accept Hitler's terms and give peace a chance?

And in case there are some people who wish to use this as evidence of pro-facism in GBS...

This is an example of something called 'sarcasm'.

But you didn't use sarcmarxs, how was I supposed to know???

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

I love technology

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
drat, I was kinda hoping that having a bunch of disposable money wasn't a matter of winning the Being Born into a Well Off Family lottery, but ah well. Thanks for the responses. :byetankie:

edit: I haven't really posted in this thread in a while, and I just noticed my new avatar text(?). My whole point with my recent posts is that is that I'm poor as poo poo and spending a lot on my own medical needs and that of my own ailing family members, and even if I had the money to spare, it's still inconceivable to me to spend money on frivolous poo poo like this instead of like helping people affected by war lol.

god please help me fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 23, 2023

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

drat, I was kinda hoping that having a bunch of disposable money wasn't a matter of winning the Being Born into a Well Off Family lottery, but ah well. Thanks for the responses. :byetankie:

Could also just be they’re bad with money.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

Think of how many lives would have been saved if someone was brave enough to tell Stalin that war bad :(

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Oh...

lol, it wasn't the Kerch bridge this time either.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The thing that annoys me the most about these tankie drive by posters is that they invariably have America Main Character Syndrome. Just putting themselves in the center of the world, every single time.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

All war is bad

Except the pizza wars of the 90s those made pizza great again.

the console wars are also pretty funny in hindsight

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

spankmeister posted:

The thing that annoys me the most about these tankie drive by posters is that they invariably have America Main Character Syndrome. Just putting themselves in the center of the world, every single time.

They also have this insufferable gaslighting rear end tone - 'everyone thinks this thread is insane, they're laughing at you just out of frame'

Often accompanied by a few other posters who'll really gently affirm them, like they're trying to pretend to have been thread regulars all along.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Wouldn't you miss them if they didnt come around anymore and didn't spew half cocked whataboutism talking points. A riling of the thread is like a morning jump in a frigid lake.

numptyboy fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 23, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

:lmao:

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

GABA ghoul posted:

Do me, do me! Avatar me. I loving love America and would have voted for Killary. Seymour Hersh is a senile old man who is barely aware of what year it is. I donated money to Ukraine. I'm the perfect target, you won't find a better one itt

Old post but it seems you've been gifted a low quality Hilldawg. Only two fingers. Shameful.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tafferling posted:

Old post but it seems you've been gifted a low quality Hilldawg. Only two fingers. Shameful.

now now,. thats an entry level hilldawg. in accordance with our strong and established neolib principles GABA must work their way up the posting org chart and bootstrap themselves to a means-tested 10 fingered hillary

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Horrorosaurus posted:

Oh...

lol, it wasn't the Kerch bridge this time either.

Ditto. :(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Dang I did get a custom title from this thread but it sucks I want a refund! They could have at least trolled my posting history :argh:

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018

KakerMix posted:

Dang I did get a custom title from this thread but it sucks I want a refund! They could have at least trolled my posting history :argh:

They're just journaling their personal thoughts into the custom title entry box after dropping significant amounts of money on AI Hildawgs to the amusement of their recipients.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

They're just journaling their personal thoughts into the custom title entry box after dropping significant amounts of money on AI Hildawgs to the amusement of their recipients.

lmao at yours

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

spankmeister posted:

Just probe yanks on sight tbh., they deserve it.

American Exceptionalism is exceptionally ugly.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
*speaking to a us ww2 vet*

uhh so japan just hosed up pearl harbor, maybe just talk it out with them? maybe they just want hawaii? did you know war is bad? like, don't pick a team bro that's disgusting

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Icept posted:

uhh so japan just hosed up pearl harbor, maybe just talk it out with them? maybe they just want hawaii? did you know war is bad? like, don't pick a team bro that's disgusting

It's actually America's fault in the first place by implementing the oil embargo and giving Japan no other option, you see

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

if a man breaks into your house, shoots one of your children, and says you either leave or they shoot the rest

well you leave and then come back to protest from your front lawn about the unfair treatment, of course.

(note: they did not let you leave with the children.)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Icept posted:

"America deserved pearl harbour as punishment for imperialistically forcing the IJA to commit the nanking massacre, they really had no other option and its the us's fault entirely!!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1694272204978954413#m
One of these wretched pieces of poo poo, which they were using to shell Odesa and other coastal regions with, got demilitarized last night. Well done!