Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Yesss, bokehhh

Marman1209
Jun 14, 2005
NonSequar got me this account for no damned reason.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Nice

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

I really like both of these

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm just getting into participating in The Dorkroom and I am a little confused by this thread haha. Did 500 pages of actual landscapes just get boring so the thread has moved onto more abstract takes on "landscape"? I'm not complaining, there are some excellent and interesting photos the last several pages, and are more fun to look at than yet another photo of a mountain, but I wasn't expecting them.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Mega Comrade posted:

I really like both of these

Thank you. I feel I've gotten a better handle on how to photograph forest scenes after the earlier discussion in this thread.

blue squares posted:

I'm just getting into participating in The Dorkroom and I am a little confused by this thread haha. Did 500 pages of actual landscapes just get boring so the thread has moved onto more abstract takes on "landscape"? I'm not complaining, there are some excellent and interesting photos the last several pages, and are more fun to look at than yet another photo of a mountain, but I wasn't expecting them.

This is why this is one of my favorite threads. The great variance in subjects and approach to what constitutes a landscape makes the thread super interesting.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No the thread just learned that "landscape" is a broad subject. If it doesn't fit in another genre.. it's a landscape.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
The way i conceptualize it is that a photo is landscape if its subject is a place/space. There's nothing in the rulebook that says the place has to be a mountain

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

ty

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

Catching up on the thread and wanted to say that these are really awesome.

grilledcheese
Aug 27, 2023

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

good texture here

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

I really love these. Good stuff.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Why it's worth living on top of a mountain.

Why We Live here by B. B., on Flickr

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

urgh that swing bridge can gently caress right off i'll go wade across the river thanks

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Incredulous Dylan fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 28, 2023

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Visited Cheddar Gorge earlier in the year. Its a very coolplace. Recommended.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Those rock :dadjoke:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

forreal, some really cool stuff posted in the last page

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Nice shots! Mt Tamborine? I feel like I've taken that second one lol

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

field balm posted:

Nice shots! Mt Tamborine? I feel like I've taken that second one lol

Binna Burra, the Lower Bellbird Circuit with the Ballanjui falls thrown in

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
That glow from the highlights is what really does it for me. A nice look for sure

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

i love this

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 1, 2023

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Patiently waiting for a hummingbird to grace me with his presence.

Trying New Lighting by B. B., on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Huh.

Those plants like that pole. Great pic.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

These are great, especially the last one. Do you mind describing your process? It almost looks like IR to me, but I don't think that's right.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

QuasiQuack posted:

These are great, especially the last one. Do you mind describing your process? It almost looks like IR to me, but I don't think that's right.

It is IR, in fact my first ever roll of the stuff. I got a 720nm filter and was using Rollei IR 400. I metered for ISO 3 (about 8 stops slower) for the filter factor and kept an eye out for nice light on my hike. The worst part was really having to carry a tripod on my hike but I'm going to continue doing it for sure.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Megabound posted:

It is IR, in fact my first ever roll of the stuff. I got a 720nm filter and was using Rollei IR 400. I metered for ISO 3 (about 8 stops slower) for the filter factor and kept an eye out for nice light on my hike. The worst part was really having to carry a tripod on my hike but I'm going to continue doing it for sure.

Oh, for real. That's cool.