Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BWV posted:

It all seems like amateur hour. Did they really think no one was going to look into a bunch of people creating new accounts on the day of the game to max out on one highly specific bet? all for a hundred k? These people suck at being criminals. .

a chinese couple got murdered in newcastle 15 years ago over a betting scam related to the time delays between live broadcasts vs phones and putting bets on. some real grim details in this article but at least they caught one of the killers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/09/killer-of-chinese-couple-in-newcastle-may-not-have-acted-alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Deleted now

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Jose posted:

a chinese couple got murdered in newcastle 15 years ago over a betting scam related to the time delays between live broadcasts vs phones and putting bets on. some real grim details in this article but at least they caught one of the killers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/09/killer-of-chinese-couple-in-newcastle-may-not-have-acted-alone

quote:

Their cat was found drowned in the flat.

:catbert:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm amazed that people were allowed to place bets on things happening in a foreign league two seconds before they did, and nobody picked it up. Or even that the bet wasn't timestamped with the time it was placed and the actual time of the card or goal or whatever wasn't retrieved to show that the bet happened afterwards.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wasn't that a big thing with the tennis for a while because there was a delay with updating the points online but someone at the match could sneak in and place a bet

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Wasn't that a big thing with the tennis for a while because there was a delay with updating the points online but someone at the match could sneak in and place a bet

yeah some fella just had a job attending the most minor tennis matches all around europe and would “umpire” a second before the actual umpire could call it and push the button on his ipad

he himself didn’t do any betting (that would get him banned/jailed), but he was employed by some shady guys somewhere in china i think? it was a very professional operation however, not just setting up 15 ladbrokes accounts a day before the match and maxing out a single bet under the “match fixing” tab

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm amazed that people were allowed to place bets on things happening in a foreign league two seconds before they did, and nobody picked it up. Or even that the bet wasn't timestamped with the time it was placed and the actual time of the card or goal or whatever wasn't retrieved to show that the bet happened afterwards.

well they clearly weren't allowed to considering the consequences

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Greenwood is gone from Man U

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66554874

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Really weird they are doubling down on the "he did nothing wrong" angle still

Like they didn't even really edit the statement they were going to make when bringing him back

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

“Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged. That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.

“All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United. It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.”

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/com...1&utm_content=1

quote:

United spoke with Greenwood during the enquiries but did not have direct contact with the complainant. Instead, they spoke with her mother, with the knowledge of the complainant.

It's fine they did a very thorough investigation guys

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's possible she didn't want to talk, and there might not be much value in talking to someone who has been a victim of coercive behaviour anyway, but they don't really need to because there's a heap of primary evidence sat right there.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Her parents are not appropriate intermediaries. Her dad tweeted one day after the tapes got released to say that it was all not a big deal.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

jfc

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Yeah lol this is scum the whole way down

Just despicable stuff

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Vegetable posted:

Her parents are not appropriate intermediaries. Her dad tweeted one day after the tapes got released to say that it was all not a big deal.

That's so loving grim :smith:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
https://twitter.com/SemraHunter/status/1694037538032288094?t=WOYzcA6ju03i5Pl5GUaoow&s=19
https://twitter.com/SemraHunter/status/1694040374480716091?t=lUylHXIrI1zAFCcfIaF4YQ&s=09
:spain:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Death to the Spanish Federation

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Jesus Christ that poor woman.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What a bunch of shithouses

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
loving hell

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Did a little lol at this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Thank you, @trollfootball

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Including the definition would also be helpful for many of trollfootball’s followers

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/millar_colin/status/1695013240227389451?s=46&t=lGXmJo-kZuY-IVuImZoliA

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
according to the guardian he's just done a press conference saying he will never resign and that he's given the sex pest coach a four year contract worth half a million a year

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Eau de MacGowan posted:

according to the guardian he's just done a press conference saying he will never resign and that he's given the sex pest coach a four year contract worth half a million a year

Lmao

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Disgraceful that everyone outside of England wanted sexism to win last Sunday. smh

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lmfao

quote:

"I will not resign, I will not resign," he told an extraordinary general assembly called by the RFEF. "A social assassination is taking place here."

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

quote:

"I'm ready to be vilified to defend my ideals.

"Jenni was the one who lifted me up. I told her to 'forget about the penalty' and I said to her 'a little peck?' and she said 'ok'.

"It was a spontaneous, mutual and consensual kiss."

lol c'mon man

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
We should socially assassinate more people is what I’m hearing

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
People were far more likely to soon forget about it before he did all of this.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao wtf

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Football administrators remain normal

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Like Olympics guys are the undisputed kings of just getting pure bribes and making money but footy officials corner the market in being just brazenly weird and completely untouchable

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i gotta say, it was a genius move for FIFA to make sure it was completely beyond any regulation at a national level

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Rubiales linked the events of the past days to what he described as “false feminism, one of the scourges of this country”. The remark sparked a smattering of applause from the federation members in the audience.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Like Olympics guys are the undisputed kings of just getting pure bribes and making money but footy officials corner the market in being just brazenly weird and completely untouchable

It’s almost like most FAs are run like organized crime organizations

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Aug 25, 2023

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Rule one of hosting a world cup being 'FIFA and FIFA officials are exempt from all crimes' and countries being like where do I sign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Can we add a TRP rule that if you’re Rubiales and you post here that it’s a permaban?